Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events

Old 2003.03.30, 07:45 PM   #1
crashholly
MASTERCARD SPONSORED

Send a message via AIM to crashholly
1st annual kyosho mini z nationals

well kyosho has like 6 sites set up to host their regional contest. The thing that sucks is they are eliminating most of the performance out of the races. The open class, yes OPEN, will only allow x speed motors and no turbos. It negates most of the upgrades most of us have done to our Z's in our quest for speed. Well anyway any one interested in more info just go to the kyosho website
crashholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.03.30, 07:57 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
why such extreme limitations? seems like they took all the fun out it.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.03.30, 09:00 PM   #3
Wedginator

Send a message via ICQ to Wedginator Send a message via MSN to Wedginator
i guess they figured out that not all turbos are created equal...
Wedginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.03.30, 09:56 PM   #4
crashholly
MASTERCARD SPONSORED

I'm sure they're not, but putting limitations on "open" they could have just said x-speed class, or city drivers only this race isn't open for people who like to drive on the highway, I can understand using the the mini-z electronics, but just as long as they are still in use open should mean just that!!!!!!
Old 2003.03.30, 11:10 PM   #5
pianoman
www.mini-zracer.com/shop/

where are these sites please? I'll search too.
Thanks
Old 2003.03.30, 11:32 PM   #6
Digisane
Mini-z Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by arch2b
why such extreme limitations? seems like they took all the fun out it.
Kyosho parts only I guess.

I think it'd be more fun to have similar speed cars and up to the skills of the driver instead of relying on modifications to the motor to overtake. Should make for very interesting race.
Old 2003.03.30, 11:34 PM   #7
pianoman
www.mini-zracer.com/shop/

I'll be at oshkosh unless something bad happens to me! All 3 classes! Gonna be a long day!
Old 2003.03.31, 08:10 AM   #8
crashholly
MASTERCARD SPONSORED

I plan on attending the one in ny, I will be entered in 2 of the classes. I fully agree about letting things be determined by driver skill, but don't list something as a open class, when in reality it's a limited class. I'm not sure how strict the enforcemnts will be in the classes, but how many of us still have a car bone stock as it came out of the box? I know I've broken h bars and other stuff on my stock race car. Mind you I've replaced it w/ aftermarket hopups but nothing that Kyosho doesn't have that is comparable, except I paid alot less for them. Thats my gripe as far as that stuff goes. I was just wishing the races would have an unlimited class where everyone would be able to show off what a mini-z can really attain. Plus it would help to put an end to who has the best motors, performance and the like. On a national stage everyone would be able to show off their creations in the search for the ultimate "mini-z" Thanks for listening
Old 2003.03.31, 11:07 AM   #9
ChaserRC

in Hong Kong, we have already racing for stock car (no turbo installed and x-speed or stock motor only).

surely it's a little bit painful for us as the speed of mini-z is going faster and faster.

i have asked for the reason of those restriction, the kyosho hk told us that we have to get use with the stock racing so that we can follow the Japan side's regulation in order to have a better result.

yes, we all have chance to race in Japan, if you are the top 3 winners in your country.
ChaserRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.04.01, 06:03 AM   #10
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

i can see where they're coming from. 'Open class' meaning 'open to any kyosho products'. remember there's still the business side of hosting races. if kyosho wants to hold a kyosho cup, it wouldn't look well if someone came and sweeped the races with nonkyosho products/motors. not good for product sales if that happened.

i don't think this limiting factor will take away from the fun factor anyway. most likely when you line up on the grid and the green light goes on, the last thing you'll be worrying about is the rules.

Quote:
where are these sites please? I'll search too.

http://www.kyosho.com/events/mini-z-cup2003.html

latency and i talked about making the one in NY.

Last edited by West.F1; 2003.04.01 at 08:02 AM.
West.F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.05.01, 10:03 PM   #11
Kev71h

Send a message via AIM to Kev71h
Kyosho race

I think it sucks having the OPEN races RESTRICTED.

**********BUT******** The competition will be huge. As the speed demons that many of "US" are, driving will be the ultimate skill and not just a "money war" and tech secret war.

***Although I DO favor a REAL UNLIMITED MINI-Z class and think it will be DEMANDED in the near future.

But you have to know...K Y O S H O is money driven and will ONLY accept its parts being used. Thats BUSINESS everyone. We can't change it. Sucks though.

" If you so afraid of other individuals making you (KYOSHO) look bad, then get your multi-million dollar (yen) making butts on the ball and make the "fastest" setup to beat everyone...so then you can actually have an "UNLIMITED" CLASS.

HEY West.F1:
South of Columbus???? Anywhere near my hometown of Circleville???????? let me know.
Old 2003.05.02, 09:47 PM   #12
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

at our race club in columbus there's a stock class that a few are contemplating getting started come next season in three weeks. pretty much the same idea as the nationals. limiting everything to the skill of the driver.

i for one won't be making it to any nationals though i'm satisfied with racing locally

Kev71h- i live in chillicothe and pass thru circleville on my way to columbus. nice clean town that circleville. i grew up in Los Angeles btw before getting stationed in Ohio which is what landed me here. stayed ever since.
West.F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.05.02, 10:10 PM   #13
DAMZer
Zen_gineer

2EZ and I are planning on going to the Florida race.

I am truly bummed that the open class is limited to K parts. I haven't run a car in a long time without an O-plate. Just how are they going to tell if the bearings and the CF H-plates are K or not?

Well, guess I have to spend some jack to get a K diff, and a set of side-roll shocks to take the place of the O-plate. X-speed is not my idea of open, but they made the rules.

Box stock, wow, I dug through the parts bins and finally came up with enough to put a chassis back to stock. Got to admit that after all the money spent on faster stuff, the box stock is still fun and the unpredictability of the suspension makes it a challenge. Thankfully we can use whatever tires we want except for foams.

WEST.F1, you are so right!! The adrenaline will still pump and the Fun will be contagious. Just hope that they truly know how to tech. There's a lot of old slotcar guys out there that can make the 130 and smaller motors roar. 2EZ, take note, I know where you live.

Old 2003.05.12, 11:40 PM   #14
Kev71h

Send a message via AIM to Kev71h
WestF1

I go to chillicothe all the time. My father lives there and when I fly to Columbus (often) I drive there.

I should bring my Mini-z one of these days. I still fly my airplanes in OHIO VERY often. On Kellenbarger road off 104.

I also used to live near Capstone hobbies in Westerville before I moved to San Jose. Great R/C in OHIO.

It will be nice to compete here in San Jose. (mini-z that is)
Old 2003.05.13, 06:16 PM   #15
space_doc
Mini-Z Novice

Send a message via AIM to space_doc Send a message via Yahoo to space_doc
Transponder question?

I was thinking of participating in the stock class. But do I need to own my own transponder? They have instructions on the website on how to install one, but I dont want to spend $65 on it. Anyone know if they are provided or not?

This will be my first race with a mini. I am looking forward to it. I'll be at the Oshkosh site so hope to see some of you there!
space_doc is offline   Reply With Quote