Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.09.23, 02:16 AM   #1
herman

porsche 962 c kh

sorry if this was posted before...
anybody catch the difference?...

porsche 962 c kh (top) vs porsche 962 c lh (bottom)

herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.23, 01:31 PM   #2
simpleskin

Send a message via AIM to simpleskin Send a message via Skype™ to simpleskin
Didn't I call this out a few months ago? LH stands for Lang Heck or Long Tail. KH stand for Kurz Heck or Short Tail. Porsche has done long and short tail versions of many of their race cars back to the 1970 917 and maybe before. They always played with the aerodynamics of both versions and fielded short and long tail versions in Le Mans to eek out any advantage each version would have in the turns or high speed straights to maximize their chances of class and overall wins. For those who don't know Porsche racing history, they won almost all the important races in the 70s and 80s and were constantly having the rules rewritten to disqualify the Porsche advantages. Anyway...

I just love having these variants available to us as Z bodies, hopefully the 917 will come our way as well.

-J

MR-02 AD
MR-02 AD with narrow PN front tower bars
3 x dNaNo
2 x MA-010
3 x MR-03
MR-015
Overland
F1
simpleskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.23, 01:37 PM   #3
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
I'd like to see some old Ferrari Leman's cars too. At least we have what is it, the 907 for the Dnano?
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.23, 01:39 PM   #4
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I need to get a KH. Looks like it would do better in the lower speed corners without the huge tail slowing down the transitions. I might even like it better than the Mazda that Im really liking right now. Thanks for the heads up. Good thing that they are 2 piece bodies Makes it easier to change the front out when it cracks and have choice of rear end
Old 2008.09.23, 05:38 PM   #5
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Wonder if it's front end is stronger than the first one was?
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.23, 08:46 PM   #6
blt456

Larger windows and a taller rear spoiler. All I can tell.
Old 2008.09.23, 10:13 PM   #7
herman

yes simpleskin did point this out a couple of months ago... on a different version...
this is the rothmans version though... i'm glad they came out with this version...

thanks for the very detailed explanation simpleskin... nice to have a little history behind it... appreciate it very very mucho...
Old 2008.09.28, 12:52 AM   #8
lugnutz

i ran mine tonight and it was nice and stable,transitioned very smooth the layout at action r/c wasn't smooth there was alot of tight turns and no sweeper but car was good
Old 2008.09.28, 04:32 PM   #9
piper1944

nice cars....
piper1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.28, 09:52 PM   #10
herman

Quote:
i ran mine tonight and it was nice and stable,transitioned very smooth the layout at action r/c wasn't smooth there was alot of tight turns and no sweeper but car was good
any points of comparison between the two styles (kh vs lh)?
Old 2008.10.17, 06:35 PM   #11
ianc

Yes, these are the Rothman's cars.

Kind of makes you wonder where Kyosho gets their designs from.

The story on this goes back to when Minichamps was making a 962 model. Apparently, German law forbids any cigarette markings on products, so the original Rothman's (a cigarette company) logo was replaced by a generic (and quite stupid) 'Racing' logo instead.

Now that Kyosho has started making the cars, they too have adopted the idiotic 'Racing' logo. Wonder if they just copied the Minichamps design without knowing the reasons for it.

I'd like to know the story behind that...

ianc
ianc is offline   Reply With Quote