Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.12.17, 01:22 PM   #1
Jonny

TGR Hurda Challenge UK 2008

Calling all drivers!

Rising Sun Racing in collaboration with TGR and Stafford Racers UK present the TGR Hurda Challenge 2008.

More information regarding format will be provided soon.

FIRST PLACE PRIZE - Sinister Pro package info below:

Sinister is the best 1/24-27 racer designed so far. After R&D of two years, countless prototypes, CNC hours, litres of cafein Sinister will hit the shelves in 2007. Sinister will change the mini race scene as being the first commercial 1/24-27 full set race chassis. Wide spare and option part support, international race platform and trophies started a new excitement in this segment.

Lowest CG possible

First design target of the Sinister is to achieve lowest center of gravity as possible. Today onroad mini tracks have great traction and smoothness. This emerges the need of a car which has a lower CG then other cars and minimum clearance as a GT car. Motor pod, battery holes, servo position designed to achieve this ultimate goal..

Centrally placed weight

Design of the Sinister not only brings weight down but it also gathers the weight in center rear part. This creates great handling on a 2WD car. Centrally located battery pack and positioning of the motor between two axes makes an ideal weight distribution.

Light Weight Design

Not only the materials used in manufacturing but also the design of Sinister makes the car really lightweight. Unnecessary parts are removed without affecting the durability at the expense of extra machining.

Usage of standard bodies

Sinister does accept Kyosho Autoscale™ and compatible bodies. You can also use lexan bodies which is very popular in open categories

Standard electronics

Even though you can install standart PCB of Kyosho MiniZ™ you can also use industry standart equipments on Sinister.
Sinister mainly designd to use standart RC electronics such as servo,esc and receiver to improve overall performance. You can use any micro servo, esc or receiver as long as it suits by size. Usage of standart servo improves steering dramatically. Spring servo saver of sinister protects servo teeth from virtually any crashes.
Using your receiver on sinister naturally brings the advantage of using your own radio. No need for any extra modules or conversion. Due to wide range of frequencies (2.4Ghz, 40mhz, 75mhz or 27mhz depending on your countries FCC regulations) frequency conflict problems is also minimized.
Last but not the least, standart ESCs improves smoothness in acceleration and brake. It usually creates better punch and also longer times. For the best punch, smoothness and longer times we recommend TGR\'s Spinner series

Easy Camber Caster Adjustment

Easy change of camber caster brace creates great convenience for the racer to adjust his car to tracks characteristics. There are four alternative positions for camber and also four alternative positions for the caster. This makes 16 different alternative front suspension geometry.

High quality materials

Sinister is composed of carbonfiber, 6000series aluminum and stainless steel springs.
All chasis flat parts are CNC machined from high quality carbon fiber plates. This creates great robustness and durability. Also all aluminum parts CNC cut and precision finished and also anodized to make sinister even stronger. Red anodized aluminum parts fullfills Sinister\'slick and agressive image.

Rear suspension adjustment without changing any parts

Sinister's innovative I-Plates makes rear suspension adjustment easier and faster. Although I-Plates are available in different shapes and thicknesses, due to holes on the main chasis there are several alternative positions and mounting styles. So you can easily change car\'s overall character by just changing a single screws place or adding/removing an o-ring

Kit Includes:

* Chassis
* Spinner ESC
* Setup Board
* 20 Shore Slick Tires
* Ball Diff
* Aluminium Front Knuckles
* Ball Bearings
* Instruction Book
* PRO Tips Booklet
* Decal Sheet

Kit Requires:

* Wheels
* Micro Servo
* Receiver
* Body
* Battery

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SECOND PLACE PRIZE - Sinister Spinner ESC – specs below:

Spinner is the first ESC designed specifically for 1/24-1/27 racers.

Forward-Brake-Reverse

It has forward-brake and reverse functions just like you used to.

Lower internal resistance

However due to its low internal resistance and high current capacity it has more punch and longer run time than a regular PCB. FETs used in Spinner are more advanced than 4562s which are commonly used in MiniZ scene. It is equivalent to 1,5 times single row 4562 as the capacity.

Hardware Controlled Forward & Brake

Another advantage of the Spinner is hardware controlled forward and brake. You can accelerate and brake very smoothly that you've never felt in a MiniZ before.

Stand By Mode

Spinner has industries first stand-by function. When you need a break and don't want to power down your vehicle with messing thought the cables all you need to do is to brake for 5secs. This will put spinner into standby mode. While standby, stering will continue to work however there is no chance for your vehicle to escape due to a glitch. Whenever you brake for 5secs, spinner will start to work again.

All of these features bring better lap times and comfortable racing

Technical Specs:

* Proportional Forward-Brake-Reverse
* Single Led No Button Setup
* Footprint: 8mmx38mm
* On Resistance: 0.049ohm
* Max Current: 11.8A (10Sec)
* Continuos Current: 7.6A
* Drive Frequency: 1.2kHz
* Operating voltage: 4 cells (4.8V)
* No switch to reduce resistance
* Features stand-by mode

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIRD PLACE PRIZE – Hurda Body and Mounting Kit (not pictured)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLUS ADDITIONAL PRIZES TO BE DECIDED

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To enter, please contact us via the forums or post your interest below - all driver fees must reach us by January 20th 2008.

Fee can be paid via Paypal, Postal Order or Cheque.

Please ONLY use this thread to confirm your interest - not for general discussion.

Last edited by Jonny; 2008.01.28 at 07:05 AM.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.17, 01:58 PM   #2
BmwM3_Evo
^^Cant Drive For Sheet^^

Im in, need to speak to you matt!

Team XI
BmwM3_Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.17, 03:14 PM   #3
princesslilo

Send a message via MSN to princesslilo
Just to confirm that I will be racing in this event.

Princesslilo
princesslilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.17, 04:44 PM   #4
lsarccc

I'm in
lsarccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.18, 04:37 AM   #5
Programmers
iTomCash

I'm in too.
Programmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.18, 08:42 AM   #6
Jonny

Thanks to all who have registered interest so far. I believe we have 6 driver positions filled already.

Just a quick mention that the first post has been updated with more info and pics.

Jonny
Old 2007.12.19, 04:59 AM   #7
lsarccc

Smile

It would be great if you had some of the Hurda Bodies available on the 30th, is that possible?

I'd like as much time as possible to paint it and also I have a deep loathing of the UK postal service at the moment
lsarccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.19, 05:51 AM   #8
mk2kompressor
at the Bleeding Edge

hopefully they will be here soon,all the race stuff has been ordered
the bodies will more than likely be already painted for the race due to the tight schedule
all that will be needed is to fit the supplied mounting kits to your mr02's and away you go,dont worry the paint jobs will be very good
pics will be available of the race bodies and the prizes asap
HFAY S9 F1 Winner
Sinister V1
MRCG Prototype
MRCG 1.0
The uk's premier shop for mini-z
Bleeding Edge Racing UK
mk2kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.19, 12:38 PM   #9
575racer

Send a message via MSN to 575racer
im in paint sounds intresting
Old 2007.12.19, 05:15 PM   #10
Neomax
UK, Stafford Mini Z Racer

Send a message via AIM to Neomax
i'm in.
I would like to put in a request for a particular shell colour if i may??!?!
Yellow please if possible.
Also, will we get to keep the shell?
Neomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.19, 06:35 PM   #11
Jonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomax
i'm in.
I would like to put in a request for a particular shell colour if i may??!?!
Yellow please if possible.
Also, will we get to keep the shell?
Normally I'd say NP but I don't want to start taking colour choices from everybody, so the only fair way is to state that they will be as they come and maybe multicoloured - I'm sure you understand this.

To make it clear, the body and mounting kit that is included with admission is yours to keep.

Jonny
Old 2007.12.20, 05:07 AM   #12
Programmers
iTomCash

That's brilliant!
Old 2007.12.20, 03:23 PM   #13
Neomax
UK, Stafford Mini Z Racer

Send a message via AIM to Neomax
Oh i wasn't asking for it to be sprayed yellow FOR me specifically, but if there is a yellow one, i would like first dibbs on it please (is what i meant )

P.S. Jonny, the Staffs forum is down , any chance of having a look at it please?
Neomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.20, 04:01 PM   #14
Jonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomax
Oh i wasn't asking for it to be sprayed yellow FOR me specifically, but if there is a yellow one, i would like first dibbs on it please (is what i meant )

P.S. Jonny, the Staffs forum is down , any chance of having a look at it please?
I see, I will check to see what colours turned up and if so, that's fine.

Surely you don't mean the SRUK forum, that's been down since November?! Should be back very shortly.

Jonny
Old 2007.12.20, 06:48 PM   #15
Programmers
iTomCash

atfreeforum is down because of maintenance. The was a notice earlier today.