Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2012.07.16, 04:52 PM   #1
pinwc4

Flip Side Racing 12.09 available

A new version of Flip Side Racing software has been posted for download on http://www.flipsideracing.org/

This is a small update focused on bug fixes. There is 1 new feature of interest to Mac users, the ability to use the full screen application mode that Lion introduced.

Below is a list of the other changes this build brings.

New Features
  • Software now supports the Full Screen mode in Mac OS X Lion

Changes
  • Adjusted sensitivity for Giro-Z, hopefully minimizes the amount of false hits detected

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed bug that occurs if you unplug a USB device after launching the software and then select the last COM port in the list on the General Config. screen
  • Added logic so that if a corrupt image is scaled the program will show a white image instead of giving an error
  • Added logic to prevent error if a race is selected on the statistics screen that has been manually deleted out of the database using a third party program
  • Removed error that would occur if you attempted to access documentation but had no documentation folder
  • Removed error that would occur if the club logo folder did not exist and you attempted to send a test email
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.07.16, 05:03 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
to clarify, is this a version i've already tried with Giro-Z unofficially? if not, i'll give this a try for practice rounds to see if the counting is accurate this time around. The call out features with flipside are missed by my club with zround.

just checking but does driver with fastest lap get designated by a special color? we really find it useful that the TQ driver is distinguished by color in zround making it easy to immediately identify the driver.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.07.16, 05:58 PM   #3
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
to clarify, is this a version i've already tried with Giro-Z unofficially? if not, i'll give this a try for practice rounds to see if the counting is accurate this time around. The call out features with flipside are missed by my club with zround.
This has some new changes that were not in the prior version for Giro-Z. I am hoping to this change will minimize false detections.

Quote:
just checking but does driver with fastest lap get designated by a special color? we really find it useful that the TQ driver is distinguished by color in zround making it easy to immediately identify the driver.
No, not at the moment. I am not familiar with what zround is doing. Is this something that is done as part of the race report after a race is completed or is the racer highlighted differently during a race?
Old 2012.07.16, 06:47 PM   #4
arch2b

during a race or practice session, the driver with the fastest lap stays a highlighted color. it's just a visual cue that makes it easy to pick them out on the screen.

i'll download and get this version on our track computer to test. next race day is Aug. 11th. but i'll try to get something in before then.
Old 2012.07.18, 12:52 PM   #5
pinwc4

Quote:
during a race or practice session, the driver with the fastest lap stays a highlighted color. it's just a visual cue that makes it easy to pick them out on the screen.
I am not sure this would work out well with Flip Side. As is each racer has a different color on the race screen. Changing the color of racers throughout a race seems like it would be confusing. I am guessing that Zround probably does not color each racer instead having the same color for everyone except the fastest lap? That would make it easy to identify the fast lap but I have always liked having the different colors for racers to make it easy to identify specific racers on the screen.

What are your thoughts?
Old 2012.07.18, 01:15 PM   #6
arch2b

i believe you can configure individual racer text color however default is they are all the same.

my guys like being able to easily see the fastest driver vs. knowing to look for their specific color. maybe this could be a theme or option to configure vs. implementing the same thing on flipside. doesn't have to be driver text color, you could highlight the text regardless of color or indicate with an icon of some sort. it's just a convenient feature we found and like.

it's also worth noting that this is displayed on the secondary monitor screen that the drivers/public see's vs. the race manager screen i work with however flipside uses only one screen unles you clone the display view. i'm sure when you get to race management, you'll have something similar.
Old 2012.07.18, 08:38 PM   #7
pinwc4

Quote:
i believe you can configure individual racer text color however default is they are all the same.

my guys like being able to easily see the fastest driver vs. knowing to look for their specific color. maybe this could be a theme or option to configure vs. implementing the same thing on flipside. doesn't have to be driver text color, you could highlight the text regardless of color or indicate with an icon of some sort. it's just a convenient feature we found and like.
Yeah, maybe some other highlighting would work better in this case. Though I could just make it a color you enable and define. I will give it some thought but it will not be something that makes it into the next release.
Quote:
it's also worth noting that this is displayed on the secondary monitor screen that the drivers/public see's vs. the race manager screen i work with however flipside uses only one screen unles you clone the display view. i'm sure when you get to race management, you'll have something similar.
I have been doing a lot of work towards this recently, and unlike my prior race manager work I do not think I am going to throw this code out because I do not like it.

However in order to get this out to people sooner the initial releases of the race manager will not have a secondary screen. I am just going to focus on getting a basic integrated race manager done and out to people. At this point I am probably going to put a hold on any new features until I get the basic race manager done.
Old 2012.07.18, 09:07 PM   #8
arch2b

understood. as always, thanks for the hard work and producing a program we enjoy using very much.
Old 2012.07.20, 03:46 PM   #9
pinwc4

Quote:
understood. as always, thanks for the hard work and producing a program we enjoy using very much.
Here is a quick screenshot of the current state. Still a lot of work to go to make it fully functional but I have made good progress over the past few weeks.

Old 2012.09.16, 09:28 AM   #10
arch2b

somewhere along the line i had forgotten to run this check on giro-z. i've downloaded again and will run it next time i get to a track.

can you remind me how you create a new driver with giro-z? they don't pick up by default like core. at least they did not this weekend when i tried to run 12.11.
Old 2012.09.16, 09:38 AM   #11
pinwc4

Quote:
somewhere along the line i had forgotten to run this check on giro-z. i've downloaded again and will run it next time i get to a track.

can you remind me how you create a new driver with giro-z? they don't pick up by default like core. at least they did not this weekend when i tried to run 12.11.
With the Giro-Z you should be able to click the Scan button and then pass a transponder under the bridge. I think you have to do this within 10 seconds or the scanning operation times out and you would have to click Scan again to start a scan. You do not want to have the transponder under the bridge until after you click scan.
Old 2012.09.16, 09:47 AM   #12
arch2b

thanks, i'll run this one again.