Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2018.11.28, 02:42 PM   #1
gctkaz

First Mini-Z (Kyosho 2018 product)

I couldn't find any existing thread about this, but I came across this today. Probably not too interesting for this audience other than as a way to get an Initial D body.

Apparently Kyosho recently released a new (extremely) entry-level chassis, called First Mini-Z. Readysets are on sale on eBay for around $60 and come with an Initial D body (AE86, RX7 FD3S, RX7 FC3S). Chassis uses two AA batteries, and from what I can tell, appears to be non-proportional on both throttle and steering, so I'm not even sure if it's going to be easy to modify it for proportional control. I can't even tell if it has any suspension or a differential.

There are some Cantonese-language videos on Youtube demonstrating the chassis.

Kyosho's page:
http://rc.kyosho.com/en/rccar/miniz/first-mini-z.html

Last edited by gctkaz; 2018.11.28 at 02:45 PM.
gctkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.28, 05:17 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
It’s been discussed. Simply the new ‘palm runner’ product line. They stated even the bodies are made more cheaply although exactly how or what is different was not explained. Not worth looking at unless you want a fun toy or the have a really rare autoscale. You could find some real gem autoscales on the old palm runners.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.28, 10:50 PM   #3
herman

yes... they are a re-release of the old "palm-runner" renamed as "first mini-z" which come equipped with what i believe to be much better electronics... with the main difference of having "step" proportional steering and throttle, compared to the full left, straight, full right and full forward, off, full reverse of the "palm-runner"...

they come with initial d bodies as mentioned, and are compatible with the mr03 chassis... with the unpredictable prices of some autoscales... (just do a search on initial d autoscale prices) picking one up might be worthwhile, plus you got a toy-grade r/c that you can probably give to someone who is thinking of getting into r/c (like your son/daughter/nephew/neice)...

Last edited by herman; 2018.11.28 at 11:07 PM.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.28, 11:04 PM   #4
herman

and as arch2b mentioned.... "You could find some real gem autoscales on the old palm runners."

here's a real gem...

rare palmrunner - porsche falken click me

Last edited by herman; 2018.11.28 at 11:10 PM.
Old 2018.11.28, 11:04 PM   #5
herman

taken from this thread ----> click here
Old 2018.11.30, 04:37 PM   #6
Gadgetguy

So how good are these for children? What is "step" proportional steering?

Thank you for any additional info on these - as I am considering to get two for my kids.
Gadgetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.30, 07:58 PM   #7
herman

Hmm... the best way I can explain "step" proportional steering... think of steering compared to a clock with 9oclock being full left, 12 straight, and 3oclock full right. This is what the palm runner had as steering settings... this would illustrate 3 "steps"...

The mr03 would have many "steps" from 9oclock to 3oclock defined by the minute markings... so this would mean that there would be, in this case 30 steps from 9-3 o'clock... (I dont know the exact number of steps from full left to right lock... as this is just being done for purposes of illustration only...)

The newer first mini z would have more steps than the palm runner... but lesser steps than the mr03...

Maybe 9, 10, 11, 12, 1, 2, 3 o'clock... (7 steps... but then again I dont know the exact number of "steps"... as this is just being done for purposes of illustration only...) I believe that there is a video on the first mini-z... it looks pretty smooth... so it might have actually more than 7 steps...

Hope this helps....

Oh yes I believe that they would be great for children as their "first mini-z"... price point seems ok at $50++
It costs almost as much as some rare autoscales, with a rc chassis to boot...

Last edited by herman; 2018.11.30 at 08:02 PM.
Old 2018.12.01, 04:38 AM   #8
herman

There are some videos on YouTube...

https://youtu.be/Qg2HSqT5G0c

https://youtu.be/QXbh5DcWBhY

Last edited by herman; 2018.12.01 at 06:02 AM.
Old 2018.12.04, 02:56 AM   #9
Gadgetguy

Thank you Herman!
Gadgetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.12.04, 10:01 PM   #10
herman

You're welcome