Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2014.01.09, 12:11 PM   #31
rajiex

What time is racing and when are you opening the doors?
  • MR-03 94MM Nissan 350Z
  • MR-03 90MM Ferrari 355
  • MR-03 98MM Ferrari 599
  • MR-02 98MM Mosler
  • MR-02 102MM Mazda 787B
  • MA-10 94 Chevy Corvette
  • MA-10 94 Toyota Supra (Drifter)
  • MF-015 Ferrari
rajiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.01.11, 02:17 AM   #32
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Raj, I heard today that the doors will open at 9am. I believe that racing will start at noon, but not certain on that.

Went to the track today to try to dial in my car with Lithium power. It is nothing to be intimidated by, I feel that it reduces time spent working with batteries. Speed is higher, but overall punch is similar. There are AAA size lithium that fit the Mini-Z, although the chassis does need to be rewired to be 2S2P instead of 4S like it is factory but that is a relatively easy modification.

I used a 48t Atomic Stock-BB (Yellow) motor, and reluctantly lowered my hipoint (I usually never like to do that), and it was very drive-able with good runtime. This motor is one of the best motors that I can think of to run with Lithium. A 70t is ok, but not as efficient. This motor gets better power delivery, with more runtime. Perhaps a Kyosho 70t or X-Speed in a ball bearing can would be good... but I think the ATM Stock is the best motor for this application. Speed is comparable to a 33t with AAA NiMh, but more consistent in power for the duration of the race.
Old 2014.01.13, 07:42 PM   #33
ruf993
majsrc.com

Thumbs up 2nd

Ok it set Jan 18. Sat 2014

Doors open at 9 am. First race starts at 12:30pm

First class is our popular class "open"

Rules for that class is anything goes except there is no Pan/lexan bodies allowed.

Second class 2wd rubber tire 70t-50t or slower is allowed.
Any rubber tires is allowed except for silicon. No pan bodies
NiMh or Lipo

I'm open to run as many classes you guys would like minimum of 4 to make the class happen.

Since we run on carpet and foam tires any tires allowed except for silicon tires.
All none smelling traction compound is also allowed.

Run as many classes you would like. There is only one fee. It's going to be $20 a person.

This is an all out bragging rights type of race. No prizes no trophies no sponsors. Just an good old last race at on of the few tracks left for miniZ in the tri-state.

We use I lap transponders. Please let us know if you are planning to join this event that is in need of an ilap transponder.

Maj
Team MHS Driver #01

Last edited by ruf993; 2014.01.14 at 02:43 PM.
ruf993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.01.14, 05:18 PM   #34
tommy_greeneyes

Okay guys lets go racing
Old 2014.01.14, 07:13 PM   #35
DMALMAD

I am probably not going to get there until 1:30 but I will be there. Anyone coming friday to practice?
DMALMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.01.14, 08:37 PM   #36
EMU
EMUracing

Any interest for AWD? I may be able to get a spare car ready for someone interested that doesn't have one...

I think open AWD would be best, no Pan bodies... Maj, do you have enough foam? If not, then perhaps a rubber tire restriction would be needed.

Last edited by EMU; 2014.01.14 at 08:44 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.01.15, 06:19 PM   #37
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Any interest for AWD? I may be able to get a spare car ready for someone interested that doesn't have one...

I think open AWD would be best, no Pan bodies... Maj, do you have enough foam? If not, then perhaps a rubber tire restriction would be needed.
Eugene, like others have said, its GREAT your back into the Zs again. You were missed. Unfortunately, like i told Eddie, i wont be able to make it. Eds place, where we race monthly, is maybe getting hooked up with a local hobby shop and this weekend is the first weekend for it. I need to show up and support it and hope for better things to come out of this....more racers, better location etc...Hopefully ill catch you at the "new" Maj or our place sometime.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.01.15, 06:35 PM   #38
tommy_greeneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post

Mmmmmmm I wonder who is the Mystery driver coming I am actually looking forward to this race. It would be nice to see some old heads come back out race again.
Old 2014.01.19, 08:47 PM   #39
tommy_greeneyes

Congratulations Roland on your Win. Had a lot of fun racing with everyone. Thank you Majs for having a place to race every Friday night. look forward to racing at the new place soon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (311.2 KB, 30 views)
Old 2014.01.20, 10:25 AM   #40
EMU
EMUracing

Congratulations to Roland. He was unstoppable!

Larry, thanks... It would be great to race with you guys again. I will try to see if I can make it out there for a race sometime.

Its good to race again with familiar faces I still need to shake off some rust, and figure out what works for the carpet. Im looking forward to the new location.

I am really liking using Lithium power. It takes a lot of the battery maintenance out of the equation. It allows the driver to focus on setup and driving... I never felt like I had so much time at the race track and not worry about timing my charges to finish just before I am ready to race.
Old 2014.01.21, 11:21 AM   #41
Number1

Thanks, Eugene, it was nice to race you again.

I couldn't have agreed with you more about using the lipo battery. 1/10 and 1/12 scale racers have enjoyed the lipo many years now, it's about time we mini-zer start to using them.

Videos from the race:

Open GT A-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYy2KAHZnV4
Open GT B-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVMP6SxeUjo
Rubber Open A-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-X3AlvWfhE