Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.07.05, 11:06 AM   #1
daniel26or

Problems with Helios Module

Hi, I just got the mini Z Module for my Helios, and I am having Problems, this is what happens:

I installed the module to the control with a korpopo crystal, but the mini Z only responds in a very close range, i mean the mini z antenna has to be 2 cm in range from the controler antenna, with a lot of glitching. I tried everyting I know, from changing crystals, setting the controler to normal response (little white switch in the back), but I just cant make it to work.

Cluld anyone help me with this matter........

Best Regards!
Daniel Ornelas E.
Mini Z Racing Track Monterrey
daniel26or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.07.05, 11:58 AM   #2
pchan0
Team ShoBoi

Send a message via ICQ to pchan0 Send a message via MSN to pchan0
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel26or
Hi, I just got the mini Z Module for my Helios, and I am having Problems, this is what happens:

I installed the module to the control with a korpopo crystal, but the mini Z only responds in a very close range, i mean the mini z antenna has to be 2 cm in range from the controler antenna, with a lot of glitching. I tried everyting I know, from changing crystals, setting the controler to normal response (little white switch in the back), but I just cant make it to work.

Cluld anyone help me with this matter........

Best Regards!
Daniel Ornelas E.
Mini Z Racing Track Monterrey
Daniel,

Try the car with a stock radio first to see which unit is the problem, with the AM module 'ch' from the Helios should be set at 3 channel.
Old 2005.07.05, 12:03 PM   #3
daniel26or

Radio

I was running my car with a stock radio, and it works perfectly. I am going to set the radio to 3 ch. Hope this works......

Thanks for the promt reply.

Any other ideas?
Old 2005.07.05, 12:14 PM   #4
techno
Hopeless Z addict

Quote:
I was running my car with a stock radio, and it works perfectly. I am going to set the radio to 3 ch. Hope this works......

Any other ideas?
kee[ me informed im waiting on my helios to get here tell me your thoughts on it too i have already got the dsm for it

and am waiting for the adband set too

Last edited by techno; 2005.07.05 at 12:16 PM.
techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.07.05, 12:14 PM   #5
pchan0
Team ShoBoi

Quote:

Any other ideas?
Is the AM module made for the Helios and not their older Mars? There is a difference in the module and will affect range. If it is the right module, then I'm not really sure...
Old 2005.07.05, 12:20 PM   #6
techno
Hopeless Z addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchan0
Is the AM module made for the Helios and not their older Mars? There is a difference in the module and will affect range. If it is the right module, then I'm not really sure...
the am module for the mars works on the helios you have to adjust the down grade switch in on the controller or module to get it to work well the 01s have the lowest setting and the 02 the next the adbands the highest
Old 2005.07.05, 12:26 PM   #7
daniel26or

Module

The module that I have is for the Helios, right now is set at a normal response.

But I just cant get the car to respond to the controler.....

Is there something that I have to change in the setting of the controler?

Currently I am using DSM with my touring car and my Xray XB8, and no problems there.....
Old 2005.07.06, 04:09 AM   #8
kuzgun
Mini Z Doctor

helios have a (highlighting in the manual) HRS mode off switch. Please find the section in user manual and set the switch is off position. When you are using the mini z am module.
kuzgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.07.06, 06:12 AM   #9
davx

Hi,
I've got the AM module for Helios and it works no problems, the switch behind the module is in N position (down) and the chanel is set to 2.
You can use Miniz crystals or iwaver ones, no glitches, good range...

Hope it helps.

davx
davx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.07.06, 08:02 AM   #10
pchan0
Team ShoBoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzgun
helios have a (highlighting in the manual) HRS mode off switch. Please find the section in user manual and set the switch is off position. When you are using the mini z am module.
You guys know that you can use high response for MR02 right? That's not a off switch, its a switch between normal response and high response.
Old 2005.07.06, 01:04 PM   #11
daniel26or

Thanks for the advice, I have already tried changing the response mode, but nothing seem to make it work, I think I am going to return the module and ask for a new one.

Did anyone had the same problem with theri module???
Old 2005.07.07, 07:18 PM   #12
daniel26or

Exclamation Strange?

Something strange just happned, I had an Old Mars Radio in my closet, so i said lets try that damn module on the mars, and what a surprise, the car works perfectly, so there might be something wrong with my radio.... can anyone think what could it be?

best regards!
Daniel O.
Mini Z Racing Track Monterrey, Mexico
Old 2005.07.08, 06:02 AM   #13
byebye

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchan0
You guys know that you can use high response for MR02 right? That's not a off switch, its a switch between normal response and high response.
When my EX-10 Helios was switched to HRS mode it wouldn't work outside of a 3 foot radius. When it was normal it was fine. Not sure what it was but I'm happy with the normal mode and the features of the Helios. Not sure what the benefit of HRS mode is but I don't think I would notice any.

-Byebye
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.07.08, 11:34 AM   #14
daniel26or

Helios

I already tried swithcing to normal, response, 3 channels and 2 channels, HSR y super response, but still no response, I really don`t know why it did worked fine in the mars.......
Old 2005.07.08, 12:06 PM   #15
davx

Hi,
Perhaps your module is not for the Helios, the correct reference is RF-501A AM RF module.
davx is offline   Reply With Quote