Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs

View Poll Results: Read below before answering please.
Mini-96 6 54.55%
Wide L 5 45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2005.07.15, 03:56 PM   #16
bolter9
How're YOU doin?

Send a message via Yahoo to bolter9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB
Did I miss something? Mituth wrote something about running 6 cars and having a son who crashes into everthing. A standard Mini-Tile uses about the same material as a 1L. Even if the straights were expanded on a Mini-Tile 96 to 90cm, it would cost an extra $100 which would put the cost much closer to owning 2Ls. In my opinion, purchase 2Ls and pursuade one of the other racers into purchasing a third L which can be added on during race time.

Don't you like my turns?
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album660/LL20_2.jpg
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album664/LW13.jpg

yup yup you did. mithuth stated that his space was 8'15' and indicated that opening up the rest of his garage was not a priority....he also said he sometimes races 6, usually 4 and most often just him and his son. Sooo... I was basing my recommendation on that. Mithuth can decide if catering to 6 racers or his son's driving style is worth making extra space for the track, and at that point- yeah go with a couple wide Ls.

My Gallery

Last edited by bolter9; 2005.07.15 at 03:59 PM.
bolter9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.07.15, 04:06 PM   #17
imxlr8ed

I prefer the Wide "L"s myself, rails are higher, I think a little firmer too, or so it seems. I do enjoy crashing and flying off the track once in a while though... they both have their benefits.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.07.15, 04:49 PM   #18
bolter9
How're YOU doin?

Send a message via Yahoo to bolter9
Quote:
Originally Posted by imxlr8ed
I prefer the Wide "L"s myself, rails are higher, I think a little firmer too, or so it seems. I do enjoy crashing and flying off the track once in a while though... they both have their benefits.

My mini tile came with tall rails.

My Gallery
bolter9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.07.15, 05:27 PM   #19
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolter9
My mini tile came with tall rails.
The original Mini-Tile 96 did not ship with the taller rails.
Old 2005.07.15, 05:59 PM   #20
imxlr8ed

I know gasman's rails are lower than the club's Wide L track, but he did get it a while ago. I just put up a render of the Wide's basic dims... if that helps the decision...

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12832

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.07.15, 06:44 PM   #21
GR/C

I have a 8 yr old, and a 6 yr old. I don't know your son's age, but I can tell you I have two long L's, and they both couldn't make a lap. Not to say with enough practice they couldn't, but.....they could easily drive them in the open court, that was fun, but again a tight narrow Mini-96 is only going to be three times more difficult for your son to drive on. I couldn't imangine driving a Mini-96 after having my Two Long L's setup, especailly with that many racers.

I know what you mean about a single long L, but with two of them, it actually makes a pretty good racing course, now three of them really make a great racing track, almost professional to hold sponsered races on. I love every penny spent on my two long L's. I practice with my work buddy at lunch time, and believe me it's some heated racing between us. I'm getting the knack of passing down and I don't think it's that easy even on Long L's, let alone a tighter track, meaning alot of caranage is going to happen on a smaller width track just to pass someone.

I would really sway to the side of Long L's, and add to it as time/money permits, as suggested, get some others to "buy" into a racing track as well.

My Practice Track:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wings 051.jpg (70.7 KB, 17 views)
GR/C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.07.15, 07:51 PM   #22
mithuth
Rubbing is racing...

Send a message via AIM to mithuth Send a message via Yahoo to mithuth
Thanks SOOOO much everyone for your comments. I originally was swaying towards a Mini96, but now I think I should go with a single Wide L for now and add to it later as time/space/money permits.

I may even look around and see if I can pick up a used track. Sadly there isn't many HS or racers around my area.
Mini-Zs- Orange Mclaren MR-02, Yellow Enzo Autoscale, MZM Body 2
XMODS- 2x WRX, Black Skyline, Black Civic, 350Z, Silver RSX
mithuth is offline   Reply With Quote