Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.09.09, 02:24 PM   #16
tlkris

NEW KO PROPO Helios user

Just bought the Helios for my 2.4 AWD Mini-Z...

I've read through the manual, but in some ways I got confused even more... So I just started playing with the menus and got and idea on how to use it. At first everything was reversed (steering and throttle), but I figured out how to put it back to normal.

OK HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1. After I figure out to put everything to normal, it seems that it does not do the brake when I push the trigger, it goes straight to reverse. For example, I pull the trigger to go forward, then I push the trigger then it reverse, rather than brake. Usually when you push the trigger it brakes and the push it one more time then it reverse.

2. How to get rid off the freakin beeps when going through the menus and changing configurations.

3. How to name my model. The AWD is my first 2.4 and will be purchasing an MR02 2.4. Furthermore, when I first pair my AWD does it select it as model 1 automatically and then when I pair my second 2.4 (in the future) with it automatically set as model 2?

If you can provide step by step instructions, that will be great. THANKS!
tlkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.09, 02:53 PM   #17
kryten

Send a message via MSN to kryten
For q 1 i think you need to swap your motor wires over on the chassis,then set throttle on tx to reverse of what it is now.can you go straight from reverse into forwards? It sounds like the throttle/brake are set the wrong way round.eg you are pressing forward and the car is going forward,but for the pcb this is actually reverse.Does that make sense?

q2 i cant help with im afraid,i havent had my helios long enough to figure that out

q3 enter the menu by turning the little wheel and get to model name,then press the enter button.Then select the letter you want with the same wheel,press enter again and the cursor will move to the next character.When you have the model name you want press the back button to return to main screen.After you pair the car with the tx,you set up the car steering trim etc...and that is remembered for that model.If you change to model 2,it will still control the same car,but won't have the presets you set up as model 1.

I hope that all made sense.
kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.09, 04:00 PM   #18
mk2kompressor
at the Bleeding Edge

the beep is cured by turning the tone control all the way up in the sound menu
HFAY S9 F1 Winner
Sinister V1
MRCG Prototype
MRCG 1.0
The uk's premier shop for mini-z
Bleeding Edge Racing UK
mk2kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.10, 10:31 AM   #19
tlkris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
For q 1 i think you need to swap your motor wires over on the chassis,then set throttle on tx to reverse of what it is now.can you go straight from reverse into forwards? It sounds like the throttle/brake are set the wrong way round.eg you are pressing forward and the car is going forward,but for the pcb this is actually reverse.Does that make sense?

q2 i cant help with im afraid,i havent had my helios long enough to figure that out

q3 enter the menu by turning the little wheel and get to model name,then press the enter button.Then select the letter you want with the same wheel,press enter again and the cursor will move to the next character.When you have the model name you want press the back button to return to main screen.After you pair the car with the tx,you set up the car steering trim etc...and that is remembered for that model.If you change to model 2,it will still control the same car,but won't have the presets you set up as model 1.

I hope that all made sense.
Thanks for your help! I got it to work fine.
Old 2008.09.11, 04:07 PM   #20
tlkris

EX-10 Helios for MINI-Z

As my previous post, I just purchased the Helios... I can tell the difference right away compare to the Kyosho KT-18 2.4 transmitter. I'm still getting acquainted with the TX as it has a lot of features.

MY QUESTION...

The TX has a lot of options and features to operate a wide variety of R/C cars, what options/features do most MINI-Z drivers use and what options/features we don't bother using. If you can provide a list, that will be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!
Old 2008.09.11, 05:35 PM   #21
mk2kompressor
at the Bleeding Edge

i mainly use/adjust;

h.s.r
throttle punch
throttle highpoint
steering punch
steering throw
HFAY S9 F1 Winner
Sinister V1
MRCG Prototype
MRCG 1.0
The uk's premier shop for mini-z
Bleeding Edge Racing UK
mk2kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.28, 12:28 PM   #22
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

To KO Staff only

How do you set Drag Brakes with the EX10 helios? Can it be done without using the throttle trim/subtrim?

When I use the throttle trim or subtrim I can set it to 15 then anything above that takes away reverse function (basicaly I can't go into reverse when set over 15)

Thank you

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to my Videos http://www.youtube.com/SlipAngleChaser

Last edited by Cherub1m; 2008.11.28 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Changed can to can't
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.29, 10:12 AM   #23
MantisMMA
tire schredder

second that question but on a UR??? it does thw same thing!!
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.29, 12:46 PM   #24
CristianTabush

The only way to truly adjust the drag brake on any car is through the Virtual inertia feature on the ICS software. Anything that you do through the transmitter is going to be some sort of pulse signal sent by the transmitter. I suggest playing around with the th. features.
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.30, 05:27 PM   #25
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
The only way to truly adjust the drag brake on any car is through the Virtual inertia feature on the ICS software. Anything that you do through the transmitter is going to be some sort of pulse signal sent by the transmitter. I suggest playing around with the th. features.

Hi Cristian

Thanks for the info. I was expecting that answer. I'll try messing some more with the Th. Features. I thought V-inertia (via ICS cable) helped only in making the car(miniz's) roll more, because they have only positive setting. However, if the V-inertia setting in the miniz's had negative setting, then drag breaks could be engaged. Correct me if Iam wrong, that is feature I feel could realy fine tune the miniz's.

Thanks

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Cherub1m; 2008.11.30 at 05:31 PM.
Old 2008.11.30, 11:03 PM   #26
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Well, I could not wait for an anwser so I went digging and found this manual by kyosho regading the ICS settings. Apparently vinertia (virtual inertia) has 5 settings; Strong, 2, 3, 4, and OFF. The Strong setting give you more virtual inertia (makes the car roll more when you come off power and go to neutral), 2 (rolls less), 3 (rolls less then 2) and 4 (rolls less then 3) and off (rolls less then the other 4 settings). I guess that is the drag brakes Cristian was talking about .

Old 2008.12.02, 03:03 PM   #27
Gadu

Hi there,

I asked a question about the ICS prog. feature at http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30204

Am I correct when I say: it doesnt matter what kind of tx you use (i.e. KT-18 or EX-I UR) using the ICS Kopropo kit ?

Perhaps a silly question. But I am not 100% sure about this.

Thank you much
Gadu
Gadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.09, 09:38 AM   #28
Darth_Hell

EX 1 Mars R

Can the above be used with mini z awd??? of course with the mini z module...
Darth_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.09, 11:51 AM   #29
KO PROPO Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadu View Post
Hi there,

I asked a question about the ICS prog. feature at http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30204

Am I correct when I say: it doesnt matter what kind of tx you use (i.e. KT-18 or EX-I UR) using the ICS Kopropo kit ?

Perhaps a silly question. But I am not 100% sure about this.

Thank you much
Gadu
It doesn't matter which Tx you use, because you are making either servo or ESC changes to the car and not to the Tx.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.09, 11:53 AM   #30
KO PROPO Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Hell View Post
Can the above be used with mini z awd??? of course with the mini z module...
Yes but you will have to have the matching module for the board being used on your awd. AM system will require the AM module, 2.4GHz will require 2.4GHz module, etc..
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote