Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.02.19, 02:24 PM   #31
Mojar7070
Racer4Life

The High Speed Response is a big advancement in the MR-02 PCB. The Helios sends the radio signals to the car at a faster rate making in faster response. It's not as advances as the AD Band version of the Mini-Z.

Like I've mentioned before dedicate at least half a day to read the manual. There is so much to learn and figuring out all the adjustments is madness.
Old 2006.02.21, 10:20 AM   #32
pyro147

KO PROPO HELIOS EX-10 WITH SPEKTRUM 2.4GHz DSM SYSTEM

I was with byebye at the weekend and seeing how effective his helios was, I have been looking around for prices, I noticed the KO PROPO HELIOS EX-10 WITH SPEKTRUM 2.4GHz DSM SYSTEM, apparently this system has to have a separate reciever within the car, has anybody had any experience with this and does the reciever fit in the car?
pyro147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.21, 10:39 AM   #33
SteelHead

I doubt it.Its biger than a Novak XXl.Plus then you would need an ESC.Unless you can hack it to the stock board some how.
SteelHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.21, 11:30 AM   #34
Mojar7070
Racer4Life

Do you mean the reciever fitting a Mini-Z or a 1/10 scale car?? The specktrum wont' fit in a Mini-Z. Like what Steelhead said, maybe it'll work if you figure out a way to hack on the board, but why would want to do that. The Mini-Z board is perfectly fine.

If you wanted a FM version. Get the AD Band option. KO provides the module and PCB for the upgrade.
Old 2006.02.21, 11:59 AM   #35
byebye

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro147
I was with byebye at the weekend and seeing how effective his helios was, I have been looking around for prices, I noticed the KO PROPO HELIOS EX-10 WITH SPEKTRUM 2.4GHz DSM SYSTEM, apparently this system has to have a separate reciever within the car, has anybody had any experience with this and does the reciever fit in the car?
The Helios you are looking for would be the KoPropo Helios EX-10 w/mini-z module. Who is this anyway?

-Byebye
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.21, 12:11 PM   #36
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY

here is a direct link to the exact model that you are looking for.

EX-10 Helios

I personally use this radio too, and it's fantastic.
Old 2006.02.21, 01:00 PM   #37
pyro147

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye
The Helios you are looking for would be the KoPropo Helios EX-10 w/mini-z module. Who is this anyway?

-Byebye
Its max.

Thanks for your advice, I will look into it some more,
pyro147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.21, 01:58 PM   #38
byebye

cool!

-Byebye
Old 2006.02.21, 01:59 PM   #39
pchan0
Team ShoBoi

Send a message via ICQ to pchan0 Send a message via MSN to pchan0
Don't forget when you are looking into an high end radio that there is a Sanwa/Airtronics M11 and the Futaba 3PK. I have since switched to a 3PK from a EX-10 Helios.
Old 2006.02.21, 02:01 PM   #40
byebye

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchan0
Don't forget when you are looking into an high end radio that there is a Sanwa/Airtronics M11 and the Futaba 3PK. I have since switched to a 3PK from a EX-10 Helios.
What you do with your helios PC?

-Byebye
Old 2006.02.21, 11:30 PM   #41
pchan0
Team ShoBoi

Send a message via ICQ to pchan0 Send a message via MSN to pchan0
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye
What you do with your helios PC?

-Byebye
In the closet collecting dust.

Local Z track closed, running 1/10 with Futaba gears.
Old 2006.02.23, 02:42 AM   #42
rharris
that Orange car is fast..

Send a message via Yahoo to rharris
My Helios came in the mail yesterday. Way fun. Pretty easy to work with once you get the hang of the menu system. I'll be spending allot of time in trial and error as the manual is a bit, shall we say....

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us!"

Don't get me wrong. I have the highest respect for anyone who can speak more then one language, but ... If you are going to publish a tech manual to a global audience, you may want to have someone prof read your work.

Here's a sample from the index:

"Internet: The network where the communication network where plural personal computers were connected to was connected to on a large scale more. Information dispatch by a homepage and an E-mail are depended on in the world, and communication can be done."

I have not read other car manuals, but my Airplane Airtronics manual not only told you how to use the features, but why you would use the features. It even included some theory and sample setup options.

If you are looking to the Helios manual to tell explain how and why to use a feature, look somewhere else.
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.23, 04:55 AM   #43
byebye

Funny I thought the same thing about the manual. Almost seems like they did a google translate, printed, and threw it in the box. It is helpful though.

-Byebye
Old 2006.02.23, 10:54 AM   #44
Mojar7070
Racer4Life

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us!" <--this cracks me up. When I was reading the manual I would get caught off-guard because of phrases like these. I would so focus reading then......Bam!! "All Your Base Are Belong To Us!" hahaha.
Old 2006.02.23, 04:11 PM   #45
rharris
that Orange car is fast..

Send a message via Yahoo to rharris
Yea, it is kinda funny. But this forum a comparison of radios (which transmitter is better?) So, it seemed like a good idea to point out my thoughts (as a new user) on the manual and setup.

I would like to hear feedback from other users who have the PK3 or the Airtronics with a mini-z module for AM.

I like the Helios. It does exactly what I was looking for and a few things I didn't know could be done.

But for anyone reading this and looking for a comparison, understanding how to use your new toy is all part of the fun. I think the quality of the manual should weigh in on your purchase. And in my opintion, the Helios manual could be alot better.

Just my $0.02
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote