Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events > Reflex Racing North American Endurance Series

Old 2010.07.14, 03:44 PM   #31
kevo1036

I'm guessing the Grand Finale race in Houston isn't happening?
kevo1036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.14, 03:53 PM   #32
CristianTabush

Not at the time, but I am working with some corporate sponsors to host a Once a Year event, on a bigger scale.

Houston has very little, if any Mini-Z Racing going on, so the event will not be hosted here. Maybe if our club picks up some new members, we'll have an event or two in the future.

Mini-Z himself was supposed to organize an event for July, but to this day, I never received a confirmation date.
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.14, 05:29 PM   #33
kevo1036

I would be interested if there is any future events in the Houston/Texas area. More to watch or maybe participate (depending on the level of competition, because I'm definitely nowhere near a top level competition ) I am currently in Austin and have a small group of people that runs HFAY, but haven't been able to get much more interest so far.
kevo1036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.05, 10:50 AM   #34
doramider7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
I really want people to experience this, it is such a "fun" and exciting format that has so many different variables other than just driving fast with a good set-up. It promotes sportsmanship, cooperation, team work, patience on track and off, preparation, skill and of course ENDURANCE. But I also do understand that the best people to organize the event are the local club owners who know their locals best. Reflex will do their best to attend as many events as we can, in an effort to promote this and offer event "coverage" for everyone to see around the world, but I want people to know that this is not governed by Reflex.

The first year I plan to be the head of the organization, writing the majority of the rules and structure by which clubs are to organize their race, but I have every intention to have open election for president of the AMLMS at the end of the year, sometime after the final race. I will not run for election as the head of the organization. So that there are no commercial interests ever implicated with this series. Reflex will keep being a sponsor and supporter of the racing series though.

As for what people can do to help? Spread the word. Get the interest up. Put together a team. Tell your club owner/ organizer to bid for a race. If more than 4-5 races are able to be organized, we will run more, although I do think 5 and a final is probably where the cap will be set at. I would love to have a race in the North East as well, so hint hint at all the peeps up in NYC/NJ area... Let's get the ball rolling, setting early dates along the way so that we can find cheap airfares and hotels so that we can afford going to more races :P
Places where I would like to see the events happen:

NorCal/SoCal (maybe both)

North East

South East (awarded to MBMZR)

Canada

Mexico City (this is a VERY likely possibility in cooperation with Mini-Z Racing Track)
doramider7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.05, 07:53 PM   #35
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Im going to see what I can do about a Western Canada race. Ill be down in vancouver for a GTG/fun race with the majority of the Van Mini-Z scene and see if we can create a group for endurance racing interest. My buddies and I do long sessions (with multiple batt swaps/refueling) but I dont have enough of my own track to make a good destination race. There is tons in Vancouver though...might be able to get a huge layout together for a BIG race.

One thought about endurance racing:

1. Have you considered multiple catagories racing at once?(aka LeMans)

Thats what id like to see most of all...the various GTs racing with LMP spec.

edit: now that Ive read back and seen the dates listed on the first posts I realize Im wayyyy behind the times. No matter though...i think the future of this series would bring some excellent mini-z racing to our area. Consider a 3 day event where we hold the typical sprint races, catagories and etc...and top it off with a classic amlms series. It'd be awesome IMO.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192

Last edited by cowboysir; 2010.09.06 at 12:31 AM.
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote