Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.11.25, 11:42 AM   #1
CristianTabush

Endurance event venues and calendar

Hi guys! I know there has been interest from several clubs to host an endurance race this upcoming season. I would like to get the dates set way in advance to allow for proper planning. So far, the only commitment we have is from Landon Thompson and MBMZR, but I have interest from Grant at 1/28th scale in the West Coast and the DC guys and Action RC in the East Coast.

The first race is probably going to be the Myrtle Beach event. It will be in March, we are finalizing the dates as we speak.

If you are interested in hosting an event, please PM me or e-mail me at contact@reflexracing.net I would like to set the dates and start advertising the events properly, so that we can get good turn-outs.

Schedule:

-Event 1 South East Regional:

MBMZR - Myrtle Beach, SC
March 20, 2010
http://www.reflexracing net

Last edited by CristianTabush; 2009.12.03 at 04:05 PM.
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.25, 01:14 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
cristian, i'm sure Mike has been in touch with you but if you could, please keep in tough with Mike, i believe he's been in touch with Russ with NCRC about an endurance event in the dc area. you car reach Mike at events@mini-zracer.com
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.25, 01:37 PM   #3
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Ray, I just told Matt the same, but Id like to tell you personally, if there is anything I can do to help you guys make this happen from down here, just let me know.

I know one thing I can commit to, and thats participation Im really bummed I missed ALS this year, so I plan to make it to that, and hopefully an enduro with y'alls group to go with it

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.25, 01:49 PM   #4
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i've emailed Russ (NCRC) again to follow up with him. I'll also catch up with Matt as well. we love endurance events here and we really do miss havign hosted our own events a couple times (with NCRC's assistance).
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.25, 05:11 PM   #5
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
I'd love for one of these to be closer so best of luck to DCGTG with making potential arrangements.
Old 2009.12.03, 09:54 AM   #6
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
The first race is probably going to be the Myrtle Beach event. It will be in March, we are finalizing the dates as we speak.
Mark your calendars guys! The date is going to be March 20th! While Id really like to do this event on our local club track with the elevation changes, I will be looking into renting at the local malls as well, to try and spark a little local interest, and have a spot to set up a HUGE track. Our club owns around 15 wide Ls, along with a few special kits. Id really love to put it all down

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2009.12.03, 07:58 PM   #7
VAzRACER
Team Reflex

15 wide L's would be huge. There was a pic going around a few years ago of a club that setup a huge track in a gym. We counted the finish lines and there was a total of 18 tracks used along with wide turn and 45 kits and I would guess about 2 expansion kits. The track filled up half of a full size basketball court. It took 45 seconds to get around it. It was crazy.
VAzRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.04, 07:09 AM   #8
hrdrvr
MBMZR

There was a pic of a Mini-AZ race day with one that looked like it was the size of a full court It looked like it was 5 seconds or so down the main straight, and they had like four straights that long I dont think wed be breaking any records, but it would still be cool, and be the biggest track I have run on.

FWIW, Im not going to be able to find a public venue big enough for all of our track. I may be able to find a hotel conference room, or one of the local convention centers, but the mall can only handle about an 8 wide L set up. I did strike a deal with them though, and it would be easily affordable if we had a 10 car field. If we only end up with 6 or 8, Ill probably just do it at the club track, so the club doesnt loose money on the location. 10 cars shouldnt be out of reach though!

LET's Go Racing!

Last edited by hrdrvr; 2009.12.04 at 07:35 AM.
Old 2010.02.02, 09:25 AM   #9
Daddy Rabbit

Landon,
Matt sparked an idea a few post back, a school gym.It wouldn't get us any public awareness, but we could have a huge track. Do want me to make some calls when we get back into town?
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.02, 09:54 AM   #10
CristianTabush

So Landon, your event changed to April 10th? This is what I have read on other threads. Please confirm.

Also, any other venues that want to host an event. I need a final set date by February 14th. We cannot delay this any further or the races will simply fall through the cracks.

This means, Grant :P, Mini-Z and anyone else who is interested, needs to contact me ASAP about the dates. I know Mini-Z wanted to host one in July, but I will need a commitment to a date soon. The DC GTG guys are interested in hosting, as are a couple of clubs in the NYC greater area. Please get you bids in soon.
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.02, 01:12 PM   #11
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Daddy Rabbit,
You can call the schools if you want to. Usually you have to have some sort of staff present to use scool property, but its worth checking into. I think we are set with a place since the old 843 track room would be available for cheap

CT,
Yes, the new date is April 10th. I wanted to do the 20th, and its even posted somewhere around here. RCX is that weekend though, so Mike made me switch dates to conform to the new event calander rules.

Are you going to try and make it out for this one too? It was cool to have you and Jacob at the preview. It would be great to have y'all at the kick-off too!

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.02.28, 10:46 AM   #12
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

April 10 Mrytle Beach Endurance Race

Just wondering if the race is happening? I wonder if you have any specifics with regards to rules, times, venues, sign ups and what not?

I know that there is quite a bit of time until the tenth just trying to get things sorted so I can make plans.

Thanks
Old 2010.03.05, 10:17 AM   #13
Action B
The Galliant Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicsoul View Post
Just wondering if the race is happening? I wonder if you have any specifics with regards to rules, times, venues, sign ups and what not?

I know that there is quite a bit of time until the tenth just trying to get things sorted so I can make plans.

Thanks
Is there an official thread for this race?

Maya and I want to make it but the trip might be too expensive. I have to fund both of our hobbies until she can find a job

Concerned about sending off your precious Mini-Z? Don't be!
Action B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.05, 10:40 AM   #14
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Ill have a thread up real soon! The race is still on. The date is close to concrete.....

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.03.05, 10:56 AM   #15
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Good to hear!

Just in case any of you are wondering Landon, his family and the MBMZR crew always put on super events!

CFI's facility is top notch! There is plenty of pit space, good cheap food, reasonable entry fees, the racing format flows flawlessly (you would think they do this for a living) not to mention fantastic prizes, trophies and plaques for the winners.

Did I mention that they have a fully stocked store with all your Mini-z part needs.

Let's not forget, you don't even have to marshall they have full time marshalls! What a concept!

I am excited to hear that things are coming together. Sure would be nice to see some of our friends from Georgia, Virginia, Pennsylvania and anywhere else for that matter!

Put a team together and bring it. I know us Highspeed guys will be representing with several teams, at least two hopefully more.

See you soon!