Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.03.11, 09:17 AM   #1
hrdrvr
MBMZR

RRES: April 10th - 4 hours @ MB

So here we are again with another event brought to you from the confines of CFIs race room! MBMZR has teamed up with Reflex Racing to bring you another great endurance event!

This will be run in a similar format to our last enduro, with a hot lap qualifying session, and a 4 hour race shortly after.

Tentative Schedule:
Friday - Track open all day for practice, until 8pm (or possibly later).
Saturday:
8:00 - Doors open, track open for practice.
9:00 - Registration opens.
11:00 - Registration ends, track closes for divers meeting.
11:30 - Qualifying begins.
11:45 - Group Picture, track closed for pre-race maintenance.
12:00 - Race begins.
4:15 - Trophy ceremony.

Team List:
AMP Racing - LM
AtlMiniRC - GT
MBMZR - LM
MWG - Looking for another driver

If any one is looking to come down and race, but doesnt have a team, just let me know. Ill try my best to facilitate every one who wants to participate.

I will follow up with some hotel information for any one coming from out of town!

For those who missed the last event, check out the thread on it. My race re-cap is posted on page 9. There are a few pics posted on page 10.
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31060

Also, there are some tiny modifications to the rules form what CT posted for the RCX event. Please look over them, and address any questions about them here, or through PM.
Attached Files
File Type: doc AMLMS_rules.doc (34.0 KB, 19 views)

LET's Go Racing!

Last edited by hrdrvr; 2010.03.11 at 03:57 PM.
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.11, 09:26 AM   #2
hpgod

I am 100% in. Hank said he would do it 1 month ago but I have not heard from him in a few weeks. If Hank backs out I will need a second driver.
I just want to race. Our club last had enough racers for submit HFAY times was NOV.

Ferrari 430 painted white body car

Art
hpgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.11, 09:29 AM   #3
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Art, Ill put you down for GT class. Get in touch with Hank and let me know if you need help finding a teammate. Ill drop him a line too

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.03.11, 09:31 AM   #4
hpgod

Landon
What are yall using for light kits and MR03s? I have never see one so do not know where to start on this.
Old 2010.03.11, 09:59 AM   #5
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I just acquired one of the Kyosho light sets (MZW31), and it is slim enough that I fit it into a VDS body with no problems at all. Since CT has decided to leave the VDS and pan cars out at RCX, I followed suite here. The light kit fits into my C9 very easily too. I am yet to test what it does to battery life though. If I dont like what I find, Ill be trying to rig something up myself.

Before the last enduro, when we speculated about running a night stage, I put together a little kit from parts at a local electronics store. It was just four LEDs attached to a GiroZ harness plug. The other side of the plug was wired to a lithium disc (basically a large watch battery) type battery. When plugged in the light lit up like christams Those LEDs were far brighter than the ones from the Kyosho kit, but again I didnt test far enough to know how long they would last or anything.

For other options Ive seen quite a few different light sets on eBay that are advertised for MiniZ, as well as a few older threads on here where people have made their own. Anything will be legal, just make sure you secure it well, and have a dependable power source for it!

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.03.11, 10:05 AM   #6
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

So. If I read it correctly there will be no pan car bodies in LM. Would there be a need then for 100mm wheelbase option? In GT brushes may be removed for comm cleaning but it doesn't say which brushes are to be re-installed. Please clarify. It also is ambiguous as to how and where lights are to be installed. Are they to be installed so realism is maintained or can the be just attached to the outside of the body "Baja" style.

Will the rain tires be as last time or will there be provisions for LM front tires to be used in conjunction with the 40 or 50 rear ASC tires.

Last edited by mleemor60; 2010.03.11 at 10:10 AM.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.11, 10:31 AM   #7
hrdrvr
MBMZR

You are correct (and smiling Im sure) in the assumption that there are no pan cars this time. The 100mm option is if some one wants to ru nntheir LM with RR plates and shorten it a little. It should mean for minimal dremeling, which shouldnt alter the appearance of the bodies too far. It also allows the use of the 94/98 pods to give a little more handling options.

I will calrify the brush situation on the GT motors. FWIW, Brushes must be replaced with the same brushes PN suplpies with them from the factory (PN: 10CR50). The Kyosho brushes canot be removed without removing the endbell from the can, so the point is null for those motors.

Lights will have to be installed within the body, and in a realistic form. You must mount the lights where the headlights should be, and the taillights where they should be. If you are mounting more lights than the body calls for naturally (adding 'fog' lights, or addition rear lights), the installation must be in a typical location, and done to look as naturally as possible. A sense of realism is what we are after, and I think it can be achieved easily enough. If any one has any questions about how their lights are mounted, feel free to shoot me a picture of them, and I will let you know the race directors decision about them ahead of time.

I will have both types of rain tires available for the fronts (teams choice). The rears will be the standard ASC tires that we used last time. I dont know if you noticed, but we are turning the tires in after the rain stage, so if a second stage is called, you may not end up with the same set each time.

On anything in question of the rules, it would be wise to submit your questions now, so that you can make arrangements to change before race day where neccesary.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.03.11, 11:53 AM   #8
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

only thing i did not see was a min. run time per driver. i saw a max of 1 hour per stint but not a min. per driver for the whole race.
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.11, 12:23 PM   #9
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Good call Chad.

FWIW, each driver should drive atleast 45 minutes. Any over that is fine, as long as every team member makes their 45 minutes.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.03.11, 01:08 PM   #10
hpgod

I just got an email from Hank and He is still in for the race.
Old 2010.03.11, 03:58 PM   #11
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Awesome! Itll be good to see you guys again. I dont think I could help you out with a driver as strong as Hank Y'all should fit right in with us ad the HS teams thatll be down.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.03.11, 05:53 PM   #12
hpgod

GT for us because were both just as fast or faster with a 70T in the car.
Heck he lapped the mod field last year with a 70t in.
Old 2010.03.12, 07:38 AM   #13
hrdrvr
MBMZR

^ Yeah, I remembr that race well. I fought like hell to stay on the lead lap with him, and just couldnt. I finished second.......

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.03.12, 07:53 AM   #14
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

The consensus within our group would like to make it a six hour race. How about it?
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.12, 09:17 AM   #15
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i had rather run 2 man teams and keep it at 4 hours. not sure id like to do 6 hours with 2 people
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote