Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.03.27, 10:04 AM   #31
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
excellent suggestion, i've never tweaked a motor for racing. never knew how and never wanted to bug someone at a race to do it for me. we all have a lot to do at these events and i never felt comfortable going up to the top tier guys asking them to show me or tweak my motor for me. i'm sure they would have done so if asked as i've met many of them and they are generally great people to meet, but none the less the average racer just isn't going to do that.

that being said, anyone can see the difference in performance of a tweaked motor. it's the one walking away from you on the straights and blowing past you in the turns. i've seen it for years and it does create an advantage that the average racer just isn't going to have, be able to do, or just not comfortable asking others to do it for them. i have nearly a decade of being the little guy experience at these events.

i would love to sit through a motor tuning clinic, i would love to see this done at events where motor tweaking is permissible. excellent suggestion.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.27, 10:52 AM   #32
ocean rodeo

A youtube demonstration of motor tuning would be fantastic!.
ocean rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.27, 12:23 PM   #33
blt456

There are lots of different things you can do to the motors but I could make a simple video involving:
-Proper brush break-in
-Cleaning
-Building
-Maintenance

If this would help CT and others out please let me know since I have nothing better to do tonight..

Last edited by blt456; 2010.03.27 at 12:26 PM.
Old 2010.03.27, 02:50 PM   #34
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt456 View Post
There are lots of different things you can do to the motors but I could make a simple video involving:
-Proper brush break-in
-Cleaning
-Building
-Maintenance

If this would help CT and others out please let me know since I have nothing better to do tonight..
While Videos are great there 4 ways we learn how to do things
Reading
watching (video)
demonstration
actually doing it....
Just think if you could have a motor clinic how much can be learned....
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.27, 02:54 PM   #35
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i agree. video's are helpful, written descriptions are good for reference but a full on clinic would be awsome!
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.27, 02:57 PM   #36
blt456

I have decided that I will give videos on the following...
Video 1: Maintenance and motor assembly
Video 2: Breaking in a stock motor (bushing)
Video 3: Breaking in a mod motor (bearing)
Old 2010.03.27, 03:25 PM   #37
ocean rodeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermbuster View Post
While Videos are great there 4 ways we learn how to do things
Reading
watching (video)
demonstration
actually doing it....
Just think if you could have a motor clinic how much can be learned....
They're some people that need the visual to make more sense. I prefer watching RC "how to videos" to TV shows.

Last edited by ocean rodeo; 2010.03.27 at 03:27 PM.
ocean rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.27, 04:20 PM   #38
CristianTabush

Luke if you want to post videos up, it is fine with me... I think it would be great for the community. I can even post links up on our site if you wish.
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.28, 04:23 AM   #39
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I didnt pull out of the event because I "don't agree with a couple of rules". I pulled out because there was an uncertainty about the rules of the event, with only a few weeks left to go. Im not in an area like the north east, or CA where there are lots of racers to pull from. I have to have everything clearly in place in time for people to make plans and then travel arrangemnts to come here. It was unclear to me at how quickly the issue was going to be resolved with you out of the country, and unable to communicate.

Like I said before, if it wasnt public that the posted rules were in question, I could have given more time to work it out. Had I found out you were coming (could help out with tech), and were bringing motors, there wouldnt have been any concern about wether I could pull off your rules properly. Yes, I stated that I didnt agree with the motor rule, but that was just me voicing my opinion, not saying it was out of the question for me to follow it. The timing of everything is my main reason for not wanting this dispute in the public eye. This weekend, now that you finally have time for dialogue (not the series of monologues we shared before), wouldnt have been soon enough to ensure participation in the event. I dont feel the need to further explain this, but I dont know why its so unclear.

Up until this point, I have felt like an extension of the Reflex family, and Ive been proud to have such an alliance with you. I think Ive supported Reflex whole heartidly on many fronts, including trying my best to help you get a racing series off of the ground. I know I made a few mistakes with the event. I waited too long to post an official thread. I made some changes to qualifying without talking it over with you, and I misjudged the motor rule. I felt like Ive been in touch with this racing series and the AMLMS since the original conception. I can remember us trying to come up with something that would set a Reflex series apart from all the others out there. I remember talking for hours about different endurance scenarios and how they could play out and make MiniZ racing more interesting than ever. The fact is I felt too in touch with the direction of the series, and had a false sense of where it was going, and how the regional events would play out. We havent had as much contact lately, and I guess I was unaware of the change of direction and structure.

I understand why you reacted the way you did. I know your personality pretty well, and know you have strong feelings about everything you do in this hobby. I hope at some point you can put yourself in my shoes and accept why I did what I did. I hope you understand the events didnt transpire out of spite, or any attempt to undermine you, Reflex, or your series. I hope you know me well enough to know that I would have run the event any way you wanted me to had timing work out a bit different, and that I am all for the progression of the hobby, and will support any one who has the desire to grow it.

The fact is the things that happened, happened. It is up to us how we move forward from this point, and how we handle the future will determine how the relationship grows, or falls. If we can accept each others actions, regardless of agreement or apologies, and move forward in a positive direction, I dont see any reason for not getting past this and re-establishing the support levels weve had.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.30, 08:14 PM   #40
raffaelli

Was in Myrtle Beach this week on a vacation. Had planned on stopping by. Kinda glad I didnt after reading this.
raffaelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.31, 06:33 AM   #42
pick
Village Idiot

Not very nice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
Was in Myrtle Beach this week on a vacation. Had planned on stopping by. Kinda glad I didnt after reading this.
I think the thing that puzzles me the most about this statement is that since 2007, raffaelli has only made 2 posts. One of which is shedding a negative light on a local Mini-Z club (MBMZR) . That doesn't seem appropriate to me in any way . I personally know both Cristian and Landon. While they have had their differences here recently, I don't think that either of them would support the bashing of Reflex Racing or MBMZR. They are both good guys who I consider friends. While I may have my own opinions, I would never say anything in an open forum that would deter someone from buying from Reflex or racing at MBMZR. In a fraction of the time that it takes to type a post, you could easily pick up the phone and give either of them a call showing your support or disapproval privately .

raffaelli, I can tell you this..........while on vacation at Myrtle Beach, I routinely break away from the wife and kids to race with the MBMZR crew . This is usually one of the highlights of my vacation . The MBMZR guys are always welcoming and willing to help with any tuning needs I may have. The level of comradery and competitiveness that I've experienced at MBMZR is second to none. I've never seen tempers flare or anything but the highest level of respect shown for other racers at their track. And, my car has ran numerous laps on the MBMZR track while sporting Reflex parts . If anyone missed out here, it was you. I sincerely hope that you reconsider your vacation plans and forum statements in the future.

I've been involved in RC for a long time. Not as long as some, but more than others. The Mini-Z family is a small, tight knit group that enjoys a truly magnificent hobby. Everyone can't get along with and like everyone, that's just a fact of life. But, we should all support any person or entity that attempts to further our hobby regardless of success . I love racing Mini-Z's more than any scale that I've ever ran and hope to see the hobby flourish as opposed to diminishing in the future due to derogatory statements.
Old 2010.04.02, 08:15 AM   #43
raffaelli

Have fun, good luck.

Last edited by raffaelli; 2010.04.02 at 08:19 AM.
raffaelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.02, 08:33 AM   #44
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pick View Post
I think the thing that puzzles me the most about this statement is that since 2007, raffaelli has only made 2 posts. One of which is shedding a negative light on a local Mini-Z club (MBMZR) ..

I've been involved in RC for a long time. Not as long as some, but more than others. The Mini-Z family is a small, tight knit group that enjoys a truly magnificent hobby. Everyone can't get along with and like everyone, that's just a fact of life. But, we should all support any person or entity that attempts to further our hobby regardless of success . I love racing Mini-Z's more than any scale that I've ever ran and hope to see the hobby flourish as opposed to diminishing in the future due to derogatory statements.
^^^^^
is right on......
I cant wait to get down to Myrtle Beach to run with the MBMZR crew......

I wonder how well CT would do racing an enduro w a stock sealed motor????
I also wonder how well CT would do racing in the Metro NYC area????
See you guys on the RCP.....
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.02, 08:36 AM   #45
Action B
The Galliant Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermbuster View Post
^^^^^
is right on......
I cant wait to get down to Myrtle Beach to run with the MBMZR crew......

I wonder how well CT would do racing an enduro w a stock sealed motor????
I also wonder how well CT would do racing in the Metro NYC area????
See you guys on the RCP.....
Is Christian still attending this event? I thought he said something along the lines of redoing a plane ticket to the other coast?

Concerned about sending off your precious Mini-Z? Don't be!
Action B is offline   Reply With Quote