Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events

Old 2018.03.25, 09:34 AM   #61
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Thank you all for making the event great fun and competitive! I'll be posting times and videos today.

Apologies to Ken, I was in his main and didn't notice he wasn't counting resulting in no laps for the main.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.03.25, 09:35 AM   #62
arch2b

Stock Class race results and video

A Main apologies, the video app crashed 2.4 minutes into A Main
B Main
C Main
D Main

Last edited by arch2b; 2018.03.25 at 09:53 AM.
Old 2018.03.25, 09:36 AM   #63
arch2b

86-90mm Class race results and video

A Main
B Main
C Main

Last edited by arch2b; 2018.03.25 at 09:39 AM.
Old 2018.03.25, 09:36 AM   #64
arch2b

MOD Class race results and video

A Main
B Main
C Main
D Main
E Main

Last edited by arch2b; 2018.03.25 at 10:19 AM.
Old 2018.03.25, 10:35 AM   #65
arch2b

Thank you to all the participants whom made the East Coast Mini-Z Challenge such a success! Great fun, great food, great racing, what more could you ask for!

Back to front, left to right:
Eugene, Jonny, Ken, Cheeseburger, Mike G, Dwight, Damone, Mike M, Mike M, myself
Melvin, Mike K, Shawn, Paul, Tommy, David, Saint, Mike, Tommy, Gary Sr.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3968.JPG (242.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 2018.03.25, 11:05 AM   #66
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
The short reply...

Awesome event! Glad I could attend and race with you guys. There was close racing across the entire range.

Mike Keely ran a good show, and put up some great results on track.

It was so great to see many people that I have raced with, and meet many new faces as well.

Saint and Dwight were super fast, and I knew going in that I would face step competition. They did not disappoint. Every class we were all within a tenth of each other in pace, so everything would be decided on track.

It was great getting back on track after a hiatus. My setups were a little dated, but performed well.

I had my first run with a brushless car in the Kyosho stock class, and I liked it. Power comes on earlier than the brushed stock motor, but falls off earlier. The LM configuration was great. This was my favorite car to drive of the weekend. It did everything that I wanted it to, and was place able to an inch of the apex every corner. The class was super competitive, and had great racing. I thought LM would rule the class, but Keely proved otherwise by throwing down the fastest laps and running super clean with this 98mm 599.

Ray, always great to see you and thanks for everything you do for mini-z!

Mike M, your bodies are always a treat to see. Your guidance on and off track is always a blessing. It's an honor to have you as a friend.

Tommy ran a super fast pace in modified, untouchable in the main. Keely showed that he was mortal at the start of modified when his car was misbehaving. Tommy was able to get the hole shot, check out and run uncontested to the finish. I started poor, and worked my way up to saints wing, where I looked high and low lap after lap for any sign of a gap to make a clean move, but there was none to be found. After laps and laps of pressure, he hugged a corner just a millimeter too tight, and I was able to get the position. Great run, and so much fun on that race.

Racing mini-z is much more than racing little toy cars. It's a community and a big family wherever you are. Races like this prove that. People coming from high and low, and laying it down on the track, sharing stories and having fun in the pits. i look forward to more races with you guys soon.
Old 2018.03.25, 01:26 PM   #67
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Just got back home and settled in. All I can say is what a blast! That is about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on. This was my first time out in over a year so I'm not unhappy with the result. It was really good seeing old friends especially Eugene and Shafiq who I haven't seen since the old Carolina Cup days. Guys we need to do this more often. Great run Tommy "G"

When it comes to hosting and running a smooth show Gary, Mike and Raymond can't be beat. Not a thing was overlooked and the day went smooth as butter. Lunch was way over the top.

The racing From the "E" up through the "A" was super competitive and it looked like Melvin's iron man run was going to go all the way. Oh well. better luck next time. I honestly would have had as good a time as a spectator. That is how much fun this group is to be around.

See everybody next time.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.03.25, 04:09 PM   #68
Mike Keely

After looking at Ken's race it looks to me like he finished 3rd in that main.
Old 2018.03.31, 12:05 PM   #69
tommy_greeneyes

Had the best time

Sorry for writing too late guys. I really want to thank Gary and his Racers for a great time at the track. Even though I had plans to run one class modified. I also had a blast racing box stock. Thank you saint for letting me drive your car in box stock. As for modify class I was happy to represent Atomic and sporting out the new SZ awd car which was only two weeks old to me. I still need time to dial in other things I didn't get to do but I had fun with it. Racing with Mike Keeley is always an honor. you are one of the best mini z racers. Out of all my years of racing Mini z. It was really nice to see a big group like this and a good feeling that it's still alive. I'm very passionate and love this Hobby and I'm going to try hard to keep it strong and New Jersey. Hope to see you guys in the future at a race
Old 2018.05.31, 11:45 AM   #70
sleekun
Sleekun

Just curious, you guys looking to schedule another get together like this anytime soon? have a few people from the Raleigh NC area that said they might be interested (other than myself). Thanks!
Old 2018.05.31, 11:59 AM   #71
arch2b

I'm sure it will happen again, likely in the fall when it's much cooler out as there is no air conditioning. Racing indoors, when the indoor temp is 85-90 is slightly less fun. I say slightly because I would still do it, but it's an obstacle to many and would certainly diminish participation.

I'm guessing that you will see a spring/fall calendar develop for the East Coast Challenge at Remnant. Whether or not we add to the calendar with other locations remains to be seen. I would love to see quarterly events.
Old 2018.05.31, 12:25 PM   #72
sleekun
Sleekun

Totally understand the heat, i'll be on the lookout for anything this fall!

In the meantime maybe some of you guys would like to come down to the Raleigh area...actually it's Smithfield NC, at RC Hobby Nook he has a decent indoor track, big plus is it's heated and cooled.....i've been chatting with the owner of the shop about doing a larger race for anyone from out of town, space is probably one concern but we had about 15+ racers this past Sat...anyway if we get something on the calendar i'll be sure and post to the events page.
Old 2018.06.12, 01:46 PM   #73
tommy_greeneyes

I definitely would be interested in coming back and racing in Maryland. Wouldn't mind coming down to North Carolina to race with you guys. Hope you guys can get a big event down there as well.