Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.01.05, 06:53 AM   #31
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
the starting line in the offical track layouts does not allow for equal placement of the starting grid to give equal distance in each direction much less room for a staggered starting grid.
I think I see what you are saying Arch. If I am reading the rules correctly, (and if the track image has the correct number of tiles, Iit looks like 5 cars will fit for layout 1. I don't know about layout 2. That looks a little tighter.

Hopefully one of the guys that have already run the layout can chime in.

Oh, and you might recognize the car. I needed a quick image with a top view.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.05, 07:12 PM   #32
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
well it has been posted by other judges that staggering the grid is not required, only suggested. not sure why it was included in the rules if they feel it's a recipe for wrecks? so, we will leave the placement up to teh driver as usual so long as they are behind the starting line. this ends the debate on that issue.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.05, 10:26 PM   #33
briankstan

Quote:
well it has been posted by other judges that staggering the grid is not required, only suggested. not sure why it was included in the rules if they feel it's a recipe for wrecks? so, we will leave the placement up to teh driver as usual so long as they are behind the starting line. this ends the debate on that issue.
this being the inagural HFAY OLPS there is bound to be something that we didn't thing of. you can vouch for that Arch, lots of things to concider. The rules are kind of an evolution if you will. nothing is really set in stone. We will see how things go and adapt from there.

Brian
Old 2006.01.06, 05:15 AM   #34
arch2b

understood.... i was just surprised by your own admissions that it was a bad idea essentially and it was not weeded out. there have been alot of subtle changes made and i'm sure there is plenty of room for more. just the nature of an inagural event as you mentioned.
Old 2006.01.06, 08:43 AM   #35
briankstan

Quote:
understood.... i was just surprised by your own admissions that it was a bad idea essentially and it was not weeded out. there have been alot of subtle changes made and i'm sure there is plenty of room for more. just the nature of an inagural event as you mentioned.
You know it's funny, I actually put that in because of a question that you asked. I didn't take into concideration the size of the tracks. On a larger track you don't have this issue at all.

I think we will change that, and just leave it up to the clubs to decide how they want to set the cars behind the starting line.
Old 2006.01.06, 07:17 PM   #36
arch2b

it will all get sorted out... thanks for taking the time to get this thing off the ground to begin with
Old 2006.01.06, 08:35 PM   #37
arch2b

i am thinking about documenting each chassis via picture as well.... i can dump a hfay album in my gallery for this
Old 2006.01.06, 10:21 PM   #38
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Exactly right Spoon. Though as has been noted it’s up to individual clubs to sort out, this is how we do it at Mini-AZ. We’ve tried double-file starts and we’ve tried 1/2 tile staggers, both with disastrous results. The funniest was when we tried a rolling start. Anyway, one full tile staggered spacing has worked best for us.

An important feature here is the Start Line itself is not used for P1. There may be an issue with the Core system when a car starts too close to the loop. When we first got the system it appeared the P1 car’s first lap was skipped when it started at the Start Line.
Note: It’s just as likely I didn’t have something set right in the program. I haven't had time to verify this yet.

Hopefully I can test the theory before the next GTG.

If we have five or six cars and run out of grid spaces, I expect we will simply continue staggering around the corner. Pays to quailfy well.

Last edited by Dusty Weasle; 2006.01.06 at 10:23 PM.
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.06, 10:25 PM   #39
arch2b

we have typically started right on the starting line and have had far and few inbewteen problems with skipped laps. almost all of the skipped laps we've run into have been randomly within a race and typically not at the begining or end.
Old 2006.01.07, 11:44 PM   #40
arch2b

ok, we didn't operate core correctly so it did not run smoothly as far as using core goes.
i managed to find some directions core posted that will help others
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpo...28&postcount=2

that being said, i think it went well. we will be sending our results in shortly. spoon will be in charge of results brian, would you rather me send them or does it matter? it's a core results page for the a main.

too tired to type much but thanks to those who made it

oh, i've attached a screen capture of how it appears in the manage menu....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg core manage screen.jpg (149.5 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by arch2b; 2006.01.07 at 11:46 PM.
Old 2006.01.08, 12:50 AM   #41
briankstan

Quote:
that being said, i think it went well. we will be sending our results in shortly. spoon will be in charge of results brian, would you rather me send them or does it matter? it's a core results page for the a main.
That would be fine.
Old 2006.01.14, 03:30 PM   #42
arch2b

uploading images of the cars....
Old 2006.01.14, 03:35 PM   #43
arch2b

let me know if i got the names/cars wrong.....

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album766
Old 2006.01.15, 02:07 AM   #44
ccson

Pictures of HFAY Cars

Quote:
let me know if i got the names/cars wrong.....

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album766
Arch,

Just wanted to let you know that my HFAY car is the yellow F50; the yellow Enzo is Soyverde's.
ccson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.15, 08:26 AM   #45
arch2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccson
Arch,

Just wanted to let you know that my HFAY car is the yellow F50; the yellow Enzo is Soyverde's.
thanks, corrected the labeling