Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2003.11.15, 09:46 PM   #1
latency
Mini-Z Race Junkie

Send a message via AIM to latency
Talking RCP Track

Today we had the opporturnity to pull out an RCP track that someone bought from Tom Thumb Hobbies here in Columbus. We were really interested to see the setup, and the surface, and I must say, very, very nice.

The track the customer bought was the smallest which was simply a small oval...complete yawner for what we are used to racing on...but we really loved the surface and the product in general.

I have seen a few posts here about the rails and how they can snag your car, but we really did not have any issues with this. Simply made us drive more carefully. We ran the track just a bit, as we really like the larger more technical tracks we run. But, if we had enough of the RCP track, we would have run that all day for sure.

We are hoping to be able to get a set for the shop to run on, with enough pieces to make a very good sized track. If you are looking for a track, I would highly recomment the RCP setup. Well done RCP, I think you guys have a great product. We were all bummed we did not have enough track to really make a runnable course for our club. Hopefully we get that resolved in the future.

BMW M3 GTR MR02 PNRacing Speedy powered
Corvette C5R MR01 PNRacing Speedy powered
Cup Car conversion ChaserRC Stock Modified powered

KoPropo Helios 10EX
latency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.11.15, 09:55 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
pictures? cost range at tom thumbs?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.11.15, 09:58 PM   #3
latency
Mini-Z Race Junkie

Send a message via AIM to latency
...pics...

Hey Arch,

Was unable to take the digi cam with me today, wife needed it. But I believe Steve snapped some pics of it. Steve, if you are lurking out there, post up!

Not sure what that track cost, I want to say I heard ballpark $150...
BMW M3 GTR MR02 PNRacing Speedy powered
Corvette C5R MR01 PNRacing Speedy powered
Cup Car conversion ChaserRC Stock Modified powered

KoPropo Helios 10EX
latency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.11.15, 10:32 PM   #4
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Arch, I posted some pictures of the on road and off road track in the track threads. The pictures where from the Hobbyvisions show in Las Vegas.

Mini-zracer currently has all the tracks and has been testing them with a variety of cars. He will post a report shortly.

We are working on a program to have them available through this forum store, so those that don't have access to a local hobby store can purchase one.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.11.15, 11:36 PM   #5
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Latency, thanks for the comments. Your lhs definately needs to get a bigger track for the shop. If you haven't already done so, check out the track at the Mini-Z Cup finals at kyosho's website. It measured approx. 26 ft x 15 ft and it only took a little more than (4) Wide "L" Turn starter tracks to create.

The first regional event in December also has a great RCP-Track configuration for their race. It takes (5) starter tracks to create this regional track. We are also working on the off road tiles to interchange for their Overland races.
Old 2003.11.16, 09:53 AM   #6
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

Quote:
It takes (5) starter tracks to create this regional track.

so a 26 x 15 would run approx $600 then. Shouldn't be too bad if LHS club members pitched in. Otherwise there are alternatives.

i agree the rcp track is an excellent surface. high grip, no drifting, and bumping into the guard rails mostly has you bouncing slightly backward away from them vs going into a dead stop. Each square section is approx 19" x 19" and when you're done it can be torn down and stored away neatly.

we ran the small oval configuration for a short while but as latency hinted, it got old rather quickly. We eventually set up the original ozite track and continued with a practice day.

steve (aka ZZZZZ) did take pics yesterday and hopefully they will be up soon.
West.F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.11.16, 10:42 AM   #7
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

[QUOTE]Originally posted by West.F1

we ran the small oval configuration for a short while but as latency hinted, it got old rather quickly. We eventually set up the original ozite track and continued with a practice day.

Yes, purchasing multiple starter tracks and connecting them together to make your own custom configuration is suggested. Having three basic small starter tracks available serves two purposes.

1) A few friends can get together and buy one starter track each and combine them together to make a nice group track, without spending the money to buy many tracks by themselves.

2) Kyosho originally designed the Mini-Z as a table top racer that could be run on a track the size of a pingpong table. Now we all know there are many who prefer large tracks to race, but there are some who are limited on space and would rather start out with a small track, with the option to expand later, once more space is obtained.

Additional deflectors can be added to the small Oval tracks to create some additional sweeps and turns. There will be additional sections available shortly to make the narrow oval into custom configurations. Currently the Wide oval tracks have the ability to combine many tracks to make a variety of configurations, such as the Mini-Z Cup finals and Hobbyvisions track. Narrow oval additional sections will be available late December.
Old 2003.11.16, 10:46 AM   #8
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Sorry, West.F1, I couldn't edit last post, but thanks for the nice comments on the track.
Old 2003.11.16, 01:36 PM   #9
SonicKuz

Send a message via AIM to SonicKuz Send a message via Yahoo to SonicKuz
If we get more people to buy mini-zs and x-mods over here I might beg you to make a deal with me and send the materials over here.
Old 2003.11.16, 02:02 PM   #10
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

SonicKuz, no problem, if you have a way to get them there, I will send them.