Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2013.04.20, 10:52 AM   #346
Juggler
Juggler

Send a message via ICQ to Juggler Send a message via MSN to Juggler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallu View Post
I have also found so far hardest springs(yellow) and very soft front tires to be the best alternative for me.Travel level goes really low and i like the effect when car becomes extremely rolling in corners.
+10000
Totally agree

Insert coin

credits 0
Juggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.04.21, 01:15 AM   #347
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
the v3 yellow is a little harder than the v1 red and at the proper length
but softer than the v1 yellow....

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.09.13, 12:51 PM   #348
defcone

Now that you can't get the v1 springs and the v3 springs are too soft, what alternatives are there?
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.10.11, 08:22 PM   #349
glider

All the fast guys in the USA are not running stiff springs. So PN Racing has focused on expanding the spring rates within what has been found to be the fastest setup.

Having an MR03 rather than the MR02 (which most Factory PN Racing guys seem to run) I find 2 deficiencies in their MR03 double A-Arm package.

1. There is no tie rod that is long enough to give neutral toe yet alone any toe in. Moderate toe out is your only option. All tie rods other than the AA +1 are useless.

2. The available cups to limit suspension movement are too short. With green springs and 4mm limiters one still gets the knuckles popping out. PN Racing knows this and their factory guys run 5mm limiters. But they have not brought them out yet. I improvise by adding a spacer which is a PIA to install.

@Grant, can you tell us where you are accessing the 5mm spacer cups?

Last edited by glider; 2013.10.11 at 08:27 PM.
glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.10.12, 12:34 AM   #350
glider

Just to show the how far off the AA +1 toe bar is from giving any toe in on a MR03 I have attached a picture of mine. Clearly there was a miscalculation in the design. Hopefully, there can be some longer bars added in the future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toe bar.jpg (121.5 KB, 112 views)
Old 2013.11.09, 10:50 AM   #351
JesseT

Quote:
Originally Posted by glider View Post
Just to show the how far off the AA +1 toe bar is from giving any toe in on a MR03 I have attached a picture of mine. Clearly there was a miscalculation in the design. Hopefully, there can be some longer bars added in the future.
I know these issues. It's a pain in the *** to get the A-arm working flawlessly. What I've done, is that I've machined the steering bars so they are the correct length, and also higher at the ends. The higher spring stops are available from kyosho and they were standard with a mr02. We have a lot lying around at our club. They are also available from GPM and Atomic I think.
JesseT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.02, 05:40 PM   #352
glider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseT View Post
I know these issues. It's a pain in the *** to get the A-arm working flawlessly. What I've done, is that I've machined the steering bars so they are the correct length, and also higher at the ends. The higher spring stops are available from kyosho and they were standard with a mr02. We have a lot lying around at our club. They are also available from GPM and Atomic I think.
Jesse, that is awesome. I still see many months later PN has not remedied this situation inspite of the double A-Arm being their best product. But all their key guys run the MR02 so what do they care.

Could I possibly prevail on you to sell me one of your toe bar creations?
Old 2014.05.02, 11:58 PM   #353
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Quote:
Jesse, that is awesome. I still see many months later PN has not remedied this situation inspite of the double A-Arm being their best product. But all their key guys run the MR02 so what do they care.

Could I possibly prevail on you to sell me one of your toe bar creations?
i have been racing mr03 as of late and keep in mind that all of us @ pnracing usa have the 03 chassis in our race box @ any race we attend in the world
majority of our team drivers are using the 03 chassis i think that only philip chad nelson an myself raced the 02 @ the pncw....
back to your issue the toe bars that com in the kit were designed for the std lower arms and i too at one point or another have asked for longer bars to accommodate the the +1 lower arms...i have also made my own extended toe bars back when the 03 aa arm was release..... none the less i will pester pnracing to make this part as it is still something that drivers want and need
and i appologize for not responding to your earlier question.... i did not see it till now... the spring cups that i use are infact from the mro2 kingpin stroke limiters.... at times i also use the 5.5 limiter

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

Old 2014.05.03, 11:27 AM   #354
glider

Grant, thanks for the feedback and trying to get this fixed for us MR03 drivers.

I am running 4mm limiters because that is the longest I can find after searching everywhere. I am not sure that the limiters you describe are still available. The only limiters I find at KenonHobby are buried in the MR02 engine and drive train section.

http://www.kenonhobby.com/PN-Racing-...s_p_43182.html
Old 2014.05.03, 02:06 PM   #355
Rune
Mini-Z Norway

Quote:
Grant, thanks for the feedback and trying to get this fixed for us MR03 drivers.

I am running 4mm limiters because that is the longest I can find after searching everywhere. I am not sure that the limiters you describe are still available. The only limiters I find at KenonHobby are buried in the MR02 engine and drive train section.

The longer limiters most people use are those that came with the MR-02 kits.

Mini-Z Norway
Rune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.03, 02:59 PM   #356
glider

Thanks Rune.
I suspect many if not most MR03 Double A-Arm owners would like the opportunity to buy a fine tuning kit consisting of longer tie rods and properly sized cup limiters. Especially new comers who do not have a lot of old parts to rummage through. I will keep my fingers crossed.
Old 2014.05.04, 12:28 AM   #357
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Quote:

had a chat with PN today and i think all in due time these parts will become available hoping sooner than later as we have been working on alot of all new concepts and designs over the last year!

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

Old 2014.05.04, 08:04 AM   #358
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Grant....glad to hear!

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.05.04, 01:00 PM   #359
glider

That is awesome Grant. Thanks!
Old 2014.05.04, 04:05 PM   #360
NoBrainer

I need one or two Double A-Arms for a Narrow setup...
Got some??