Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events

Old 2010.12.10, 09:01 AM   #1
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

RCP Tracks West Coast Challenge at RCX 2011, one of the best events just got better.

Hello all,

It is time again to start getting ready for the races at RCX. This coming March event, is surely to be one of the best races we have hosted thus far. PN Racing will again be running the races and as most of you know, Philip really nows how to keep things running smooth. Sunday will be a PN World Cup Regional. Saturday will be a RCP West Coast Challenge event.

Well over $1000 in raffle prizes available for drivers who sign up to drive. Enough prizes that most will bring something cool home with them.

RCX
www.rcx.com
March 19, 20
Pomona Fairgrounds

3/19 RCP West Coast Challenge
Rules, same as PNWC regional 11.01 but the layout difference, John will post the layout soon.
2WD Stock Class
GT Mod Class

1st class $30.00
2nd class $15.00

3/20 PNWC Regional Race, Layout A
Rules PNWC regional 11.01
2WD Stock Class
GT Mod Class
Pan Mod Class

1st class $30.00
2nd class $15.00

If you sign up to drive on both Saturday and Sunday, you will get a $20.00 discount.

This is March 20 PNWC regional sign up link at RCX

Use this link For PNWC http://pnracing.us/pnwc2011/rcx/rcx-signup.htm

March 19 West Coast Challenge sign please email to RCX-RCP@rckenon.com

We are changing things up a little from previous races at RCX. We will no longer be in the Hall. There is too much noise and nitro burning exhaust in the hall and we decided to move things outdoors, in the fresh air and more quiet atmosphere. We will set up overhead tents for the pit area and try and set up the track in a shaded area near the entrance to the hall and other outdoor activities.

There will be a small drivers fee. The drivers fee will include free entrance
passes for the drivers to the two day RCX show. We may be able to provide entrance passes to family members of the drivers. We are still negotiating the family passes and will notify you with more details shortly.

SPONSORSHIP

If you are an RC company, person or store that makes or sells RC products and would like to help out with the event, there are sponsorship opportunities available. In exchange for donating product for give-a-ways at the track or cash donations to help out with trophies, we will provide you with banner space at the track and facilitate the handing out of promotional fliers or documents you provide us prior to the show. There are approximately 15,000 - 18,000 people who attend the show, so it is a good opportunity to promote your business or products to those who may not have the chance to see them online.

If you would like to participate in sponsorship, contact me at tracksales@sbcglobal.net.

Current Sponsors:

PN Racing
TinyRC
Kittrich Corporation
Kyosho
Fast Pace Racing
OverstockRC
DG Designs

RCP West Coast Onroad layout.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2011.03.07 at 08:50 PM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.10, 07:32 PM   #2
ruf
4play

Awesome. Chatted with Philip about this last week. Glad you could make it happen. I think we'll get a lot more traffic between the buildings.
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.10, 08:59 PM   #3
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

RCX at the Plex

Dates saved to event co ordination calendar.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.27, 03:51 PM   #4
ucdinh
Fast Pace Racing

This will be an awesome event, we're caravaning down there with a about a dozen or so people. The more the merrier, we're leaving out of San Jose, CA you can contact me if you would like to meet up at the same time.

We are also staying at the Sheraton Fairplex Hotel next to the convention center.

We're having a RCX kick off race at the shop the following Thursday before we leave on Friday.

Who else is going?

-Peter
Fast Pace Racing

Races Held Every Saturday Morning @10AM come check us @ Aeromicro Mini-Z Track.

ucdinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.27, 04:14 PM   #5
mdowney
Pew-Pew!

Trying to figure out a way to bail out of the cousin's wedding in Maui so I can attend this. Free trip to Maui vs. huge Mini-Z event... Sigh...
mdowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.27, 05:37 PM   #6
ucdinh
Fast Pace Racing

C'mon Mike you know you want to race Mini-Z instead!! LOL

Races Held Every Saturday Morning @10AM come check us @ Aeromicro Mini-Z Track.

ucdinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.27, 06:07 PM   #7
dorifto46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdowney View Post
Trying to figure out a way to bail out of the cousin's wedding in Maui so I can attend this. Free trip to Maui vs. huge Mini-Z event... Sigh...

I would pick the free trip to maui! haha. Then save to go to the PN worlds race
dorifto46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.27, 07:50 PM   #8
mdowney
Pew-Pew!

LOL! I know, I know. Tough call. I've actually been wanting to go to RCX for a few years though and now that I'm into Mini-Z I have an even bigger reason to go.

Stupid wedding.

Brutal...
Old 2011.02.12, 11:36 AM   #9
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Working on the track layout this weekend. I have some ideas that may include small elevation changes, bank turns and possibly a small bridge. Will let you know what I came up with. I want the track to be fun and different than previous events, without affecting the performance of the cars in a negative way.

Any input or ideas are welcome.
Old 2011.02.12, 05:30 PM   #10
color01

Bridge! Not only will a single crossover equalize left-right tire wear, it'll look very cool.

Best part for me though is that you picked dates I can actually come out to play! Looking forward to racing with everyone, for sure!

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.12, 10:51 PM   #11
mdowney
Pew-Pew!

You guys are killing me.
Old 2011.03.01, 12:22 PM   #12
guc32

Any more news on this?

2 total class. Really?
Old 2011.03.01, 05:58 PM   #13
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Philip from PN Racing will be posting up the classes, rules and sign up information this week. I believe there is more than 2 classes.
Old 2011.03.01, 06:04 PM   #14
ruf
4play

Quote:
Originally Posted by guc32 View Post
Any more news on this?

2 total class. Really?
Do you mean that you would like more classes? That's a fair opinion, but keep in mind that this is a race and an exhibition with other chassis (Losi 1/24). To be honest, one of my pet peeves has been the proliferation of classes in Mini-Z racing. You end up with 6 oddball classes with 5 guys in each and no one races with each other... We've seen a trend lately to simplify the class structure to promote better racing. Keep in mind, I LOVE the oddball classes (F1, and "Skinny Mini"). Honestly, I think 2 Mini-Z classes will keep the the fields deep and the racing good in my opinion.

That being said, my travel schedule has FINALLY calmed down, and I will be going to RCX! woohoo! I'll be calling most of the races, so if you get nervous on the drivers' stand, bring earplugs!
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.01, 06:56 PM   #15
guc32

Yes more would be preferred by my son and I. Originally it was posted Stock and Losi class.

But a mod and pan class would be great.

This would be our first RCX race. So we dont know what it will be like since its during the expo.