Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2015.04.29, 09:28 PM   #46
DMALMAD

Hi I have noticed on your shapeways shop that there is a dbl a-arm avialable with reactive caster. I was going to use one of your mounts for a custom chassis I have been working on but was wondering what is the effect of the reactive caster and how noticable is it? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
DMALMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.11.23, 07:07 PM   #47
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I'd like to figure out a way of getting JesseT to update this thread with some discussions about his new designs.

The website mini z love has v7 versions of all his designs with a variation of threaded side blades and modified front ends using AA hardware, levitzer magnet arms and his own custom 3d printer arms.

Some very cool stuff. ...id really like to hear his thoughts on his newest designs.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.02.02, 05:44 PM   #48
JesseT

Oh, I haven't been here for a while... but thank for asking, everything is great. Things are more settled now with a brand and company established and production pace increasing.

At the recent(ish) PNWC 2015 world final in Maranello, the JRP cars showed the pace in modified, 70T stock and 50T LeMans classes.

Stock car:

Modified car:

LeMans car:

Here's a little write up of the chassis settings with pictures:
http://blackbookofsecretz.blogspot.f...l?view=sidebar

And as a teaser, here is a short clip of Tuomas Nieminen testing the new ultra low CG chassis prototype.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3058_.jpg (255.7 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3076_.jpg (249.4 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3084_.jpg (214.8 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3083_.jpg (195.6 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3080_.jpg (224.8 KB, 137 views)

Last edited by JesseT; 2016.02.02 at 05:48 PM.
JesseT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.02.03, 03:29 AM   #49
Flo-Z

Jesse, how are the Marka V6 ? My Experience with markas are that u get the Most grip with the V1. At our Track the V1 have slightly too much grip, so we glue the the tire Wall. That works very well. On the other side, the v5 have way too little grip.
Flo-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.02.03, 05:06 AM   #50
JesseT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo-Z View Post
Jesse, how are the Marka V6 ? My Experience with markas are that u get the Most grip with the V1. At our Track the V1 have slightly too much grip, so we glue the the tire Wall. That works very well. On the other side, the v5 have way too little grip.
Compound version 1 is a good rear tire, and version 6 is a good front tire. Actually I don't think there evenis a v6 rear tire. The v1 front tires existed, but they were quite soft in relation to the amount of grip you got. v6 has the same grip, but with a much more lasting compound and also it's much easier to drive as the rubber deflects and compresses less on the rim. The v1 front tire feels to drive just like someone let half the air out of the tire. A little vague.

The v1 + v6 combination is great for wear too. You can make several races with the same tires. For rear v1 10 is the standard and for front v6 15 or v6 20 depending on track grip.

And all this relates to only RCP smooth side.
JesseT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.02.08, 04:38 PM   #51
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

questions:

1. I notice a side plate variation between mod chassis and LeMans chassis...is that for a reason or is it as they were created and the v/model came out? If theres a reason for this variation can you describe the different drive characteristics?

2. What type of ball stud (if that is a ball stud?) is used for the mod chassis rear end/side plates?

3. is your new printed frame lighter than a stock kyosho main chassis?

4. Can your new one piece bearing/diff holder be converted into a v6 sub chassis?

5.I notice you list an 11 tooth servo motor pinion...is that different than stock and if so what purpose does it serve?

6. How is the exchange rate SEK to CDN....I'd like to place an order but im wary of getting killed on conversion and shipping?

Thanks for your time

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192

Last edited by cowboysir; 2016.02.08 at 04:42 PM.
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote