Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.07.22, 01:30 PM   #31
CristianTabush

Bow-chica-bow-wow! Pictures!!!

http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.22, 01:40 PM   #32
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

they look great. it sure would be nice to have this for next weeks nj regional. just not sure i would get it and have time to tune it before next thursday. i did not preorder but did you have any extras if i did want one?
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.22, 03:01 PM   #33
CristianTabush

I still have some left.

I can ship without hardware if you want them in time, the only thing is you need to find or cut a machined screw to 3mm for the front, the 4mm screws hit, otherwise I would send with this. For the mount screws, you want a 10mm screw.
Old 2010.07.22, 03:06 PM   #34
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

that should not be a problem. are they still 2mm diameter? i may place an order tonight and just put in the notes to send with out hardware. will thet go out tommorrow if i do this?
Old 2010.07.22, 03:20 PM   #35
CristianTabush

For sure!

Yes, they are still M2 threads
Old 2010.07.22, 05:56 PM   #36
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
CT, can you use a 4mm screw, and shim it up a little with a washer so it doesnt hit instead of needing a 3mm screw?
Old 2010.07.22, 06:06 PM   #37
VAzRACER
Team Reflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
CT, can you use a 4mm screw, and shim it up a little with a washer so it doesnt hit instead of needing a 3mm screw?
I thought the same thing but once I put a 4mm screw through and looked at how much was out the bottom side of the tower bar it was obvious you would need to raise it way to much.

Reflex Racing Mantis Worx DG-Designs Psycho Cells
VAzRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.24, 11:20 AM   #38
CristianTabush

Hi guys! Just to let you know all US- Pre orders shipped yesterday. The hardware came in at 2:00pm and I packed as many as I could before our shipping time. I managed to get all USA Pre-orders out though. The rest of the pre-orders will go out Monday, including US based dealers.

Enjoy them! And PLEASE leave us your impressions. A few of the team guys that got theirs in time for this weekend are already dropping their lap times!
Old 2010.07.26, 09:51 PM   #39
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i have already spoke with ct but just to let everyone else know i got my tower bars today, and all i can say is wow. the quality is right on par with all other rr products and very easy to mount and change settings. i even feel that it took some of the slope out of the upper arm with out having to shim. i will get some track time tomorrow to see how 4* of caster feels, and will post more thoughts then. on a side note i also got the v2 diff gear and it is alot easier to setup than v1 and feels even smoother. cant wait to see what else rr has up there sleeves.
Old 2010.07.26, 10:51 PM   #40
VAzRACER
Team Reflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad508 View Post
i have already spoke with ct but just to let everyone else know i got my tower bars today, and all i can say is wow. the quality is right on par with all other rr products and very easy to mount and change settings. i even feel that it took some of the slope out of the upper arm with out having to shim. i will get some track time tomorrow to see how 4* of caster feels, and will post more thoughts then. on a side note i also got the v2 diff gear and it is alot easier to setup than v1 and feels even smoother. cant wait to see what else rr has up there sleeves.
You'll like it once you hit the track, I just tried mine this past Saturday and it was great. The car was planted and very stable, it almost drove itself. I had never used that much caster but I was very impressed with the results. I also noticed the arms to be level with the ground aswell, you actually get a neutral roll center with the tower bar and that makes a big improvment in itself.

All in all this is one of the best parts I have put on my 03's, and you get all the adjustment you could ever need from a 30 dollar part. This is a must have upgrade.

Old 2010.07.27, 11:02 AM   #41
hpgod

I noticed more high speed corner grip with the kit.
Ran 1 deg camber 4 caster

How much are you raising your bar? 0.3 0.6 0.9mm
hpgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.27, 11:17 AM   #42
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

it looks like it in the pic but just wanna be sure... can i run this with the pn reverse kingpin setup?

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
JuniorWKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.27, 11:40 AM   #43
VAzRACER
Team Reflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpgod View Post
I noticed more high speed corner grip with the kit.
Ran 1 deg camber 4 caster

How much are you raising your bar? 0.3 0.6 0.9mm
I haven't had to raise it a all, if your car begins to traction roll then you should start adding shims under the tower bar. This will raise the roll center, its like running a slightly stiffer spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorWKR View Post
it looks like it in the pic but just wanna be sure... can i run this with the pn reverse kingpin setup?
If your using the standard spring setup I beleive ct said you could use the tower bar but only on 2 degrees of caster. If you use more than that it will tilt the upper arm back too far and cause the spring not to seat on the arm properly.

Old 2010.07.27, 11:54 AM   #44
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

thank you ... will check into it.. i think the combo will be pretty amazing...

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
JuniorWKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.27, 12:21 PM   #45
CristianTabush

Matt's on top of it thanks.

Correct on everything. The reverse kingpin set-up should work in the 2 Deg Caster Setting. The high caster setting REALLY makes a difference though. The issue is not so much the spring not seating, but rather the arm hitting the front of the chassis. The high caster setting moves the arm quite a bit back, but again, it is a PROPER caster angle for a race car.

As a footnote, our upper arm pins need to be polished a bit to make them fit. They were designed to remove slop on the stock plastic front, so they are slightly over-sized. I used some fine grit 600 sand paper to take them down and then finished them with some White Stuff to get them to fit properly and to get a mirror-like finish. Kyosho stock pins and stainless steel pins are a direct fit though.