Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2019.04.06, 03:36 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
June 15th, 2019 - HFAY

June 15th, 2019 - HFAY

This will be held at Hobby Works, Laurel.

We will run HFAY class however this is off month for HFAY.

Last edited by arch2b; 2019.06.11 at 02:30 PM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.06.11, 01:39 PM   #2
arch2b

Don’t forget! We are going to run our first HFAY test and tune this Saturday! We will practice on the scheduled track layout to start July. This will give al an opportunity to test tune and setup accordingly prior to start of HFAY season in July. I’m sure most importantly, determining what tires work best given the track and store environmental conditions will be first and foremost for all. I hand washed each and every tile so there will be zero rubber laid down on the track surface. I would image that what worked at Fairfax Hobby Works will also work here. Expect conditions to differ from Remnant due to environmental conditions especially. Laurel currently has any remaining parts left over from Fairfax in stock and I’ve provided a brief list of the basics for Laurel to restock. If you have any specific requests, please pass them along to the Laurel staff. Please ensure you provide product numbers with any request. Accuracy of requests is on you, not the Laurel staff to hunt down.

Doors open at 10am. As this will be a test and tune date, I anticipate we will simply run open practice and 8 minute races all day.

Race classes for Laurel will be the same as they were for Fairfax however Kyosho Stock class will retain inclusion of 3500kv motor, 70T motor such that we remain consistent with primary local/regional clubs. Laurel will stock needed motors in time.

FYI, will continue to use I-Lap timing system so all transponders that work at Remnant will be fine for Laurel as well.

Please be sure to bring something to protect the table surface. Laurel will have tables and chairs however we will want to be sure to be respectful of their tables. I will order a batch of vinyl tiles again for anyone to use and leave at the store.
Old 2019.06.11, 04:07 PM   #3
soulstice

Been a while Arch2B! I gonna see if I can make it out to this event. Haven't pulled out the mini-z in years so we'll have to see if I can even get a lap in if I make it out. When do you guys usually start?
Old 2019.06.11, 05:39 PM   #4
arch2b

that would be great!

I'm sure most will show up by noon. given the agenda, no rush.
Old 2019.06.16, 08:04 PM   #5
arch2b

I want to thank those that made it out for the inaugural race day for Laurel. I got the PC up and running and tweaking the bridge height before the next date. I will have proper extension cord placement for the next date as well so that getting power to the tables is a simple as plugging in the long power strip.

Jesse is placing his Kyosho order next week and will have the usual items in stock by the next race day.

I have some practice session video so others can see the store layout. I'll be testing camera location as well for best vantage point. If only i had easy access to the ceiling with power at the ceiling... we could have a great top down view.

Just a reminder, the store toilet room is available for racers and staff only, not open to the general public.

I will try to have some vinyl table mats by the next race day as well.

Does anyone have plywood scrap? looking to cut out a 28x28 square for the base of the stacked tiles on the shelf so we can eliminate the bend in the tiles the short shelf creates.
Old 2019.06.17, 11:26 AM   #6
soulstice

Thanks for organizing Arch2B, it was good to make it out there, run some laps and meet some new folks.
Old 2019.06.18, 08:30 PM   #7
Mike Keely

Hi Ray, were did you post the video?
Old 2019.06.19, 06:15 AM   #8
arch2b

Post processing finished last night, should get it uploaded tonight. Nothing fancy, just open practice runs but gives everyone a sense of the space available.
Old 2019.06.20, 11:15 AM   #9
smokey_truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Keely View Post
Hi Ray, were did you post the video?
Here is the Video Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KH16ZlyYHU&t=2417s

Smokey
Old 2019.06.20, 03:10 PM   #10
soulstice

@arch2b what transponder work(or should I get) with the new timing system? I only have core transponders from many years ago when I last ran my cars.
Old 2019.06.20, 07:39 PM   #11
arch2b

Transponder - Mini Z Only

I'm hoping Hobby Works will restock them as well.