Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2003.04.21, 09:35 AM   #16
Buzz
Mini-Z Novice

Cool! Finally the chassis is on its way. I have been keeping my fingers crossed for so long, they are now permanently twisted

Pro-Z can I ask regarding the servo saver illustrated in your website, how effective is it? I mean will it give way easily? Or it takes a major impact before actuating the saver? Since the saver is not self-centering, I wouldn't want the front wheels to be turned to either sides after every impact with a wall or another Z, especially during a race. Do you have any plans to engineer a proper spring-loaded saver specifically designed to work with microservos (such as the HS50 or 55)?

How about other Pro-Z owners? Wanna share with us soon-to-be owners how you tackled the servo saver issues, that is if u chose not to use the stock servo/electronics?
Old 2003.04.21, 12:19 PM   #17
pupuslinger
Mini-Z Pro

Send a message via AIM to pupuslinger
the kawada, or whatever

there is another car that i sas that i am gonna try to make the steering work, looks very strong, the only problem is room
http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showth...p?threadid=2715
pupuslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.04.21, 01:29 PM   #18
Pro-Z Racing

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Z Racing
Buzz - I had initially used a spring on the servo saver this was to soft and yes gave way a little to easy. I am now using a tiny rubber O-ring the ones used under the t-bar. This has more grip and still gives before the gear stripes. I also took a hobby knife and put fine splines in the back of the servo saver and on the front of the servo itself. This lets the gear have something to bite into.

No plans on producing a servo saver myself yet. The next thing on the checklist for Pro-Z is protecting my work. Step Mom has her own law firm and I'm meeting with her pattern attorney to draw up the paper work.
Pro-Z Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.04.21, 01:32 PM   #19
Pro-Z Racing

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Z Racing
sorry thats patent not pattern i'm not making floral patterns here
Pro-Z Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.04.21, 02:53 PM   #20
johnrtse
Happiness is 6x2 mosfets!

minizmaniac...

I also tried emailing Liquid Z- I wanted to buy the complete Liquid Z front end set-up for a scratch-built car I'm making. He has the seperate part numbers listed on his website.

Never heard a thing back from him either, so I ended up ordering a complete Kawada front end instead. Should be here in a week or so...

- Mad Max Interceptor: (clean version)
- Castrol NSX: (X speed motor, bearings, a bunch of alloy stuff, etc...)
- Lancia Stratos: (bone stock)
johnrtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.04.21, 10:23 PM   #21
pupuslinger
Mini-Z Pro

Send a message via AIM to pupuslinger
front end

will you be able to run mini z bodies with the kawada front steering, and where did you order it, only website i found is in some other language.
pupuslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.04.23, 09:17 PM   #22
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Hey guys ,got my Pro-z

Wanted to let you guys know my Pro-z came today!! Time to build.If you didnt get it yet ,looks like you should soon!
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote