Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.05.13, 02:35 AM   #16
Tjay

Thanks Herman! I'll let my JDM friend read it for me .
Tjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.13, 11:57 AM   #17
Sinister_Y

plug and wiring

Hi all,

just a quick note to all those peeps who already have the ICS stuff for their AD band cars, it's the same cable and kit.

There seems to be some sort of procedure to have the software program (or car)recognize that it's hooked up. That is where reading Japanese would come in handy as it looks like maybe a pairing process (i.e. they are using the pairing tool on the chassis)...anyway, hopefully someone will translate or just try it out. Maybe I will if I have time as both my MA-010 and MR-02 are fully converted and running.

Don't know about using the ICS standalone programmer though and if instruction would differ. The main point from viewing the document is that you must plug in your cable on the 3 right pins (if you're looking at the left side of the chassis, where the plug is located).
Sinister_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.13, 09:04 PM   #18
herman

Quote:
Thanks Herman! I'll let my JDM friend read it for me
cool... please let us know what you both find out...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.02, 09:02 AM   #19
pgeldz

Any news on this? I just got the USB cable and adapter, but I'm not sure there is software out for the new 2.4 cars yet. Everything I see says the software is for the HG RA-6 receiver, and the 2.4 car says RA-18 ICS.

Has anyone succesfully used the 1.1 HG manager software with the 2.4 ghz cars?

Any help would be greeatly appreciated.

- Paulie
pgeldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.05, 09:48 AM   #20
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Johnson View Post
I hate to say this guys, but the ICS port for the ad-band does not have the same plug as the 2.4ghz. I am currently tracking down part numbers for the 2.4ghz ICS port.
should have found this post when asking my question earlier...

mlee was kind enough to laon me his ICS kit and to my surprise the 3 pin adapater cables obviously do not fit the port on the 2.4ghz boards.

tim, have you been able to locate the part number for this item? i would really like to purchase one.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.05, 10:09 AM   #21
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
I don't think anybody has answered the question of which I'm interested in knowing as well. What exactly are we programming, or rather re-programming? Does this allow us to adjust steering rate and throttle curves? But dont' some of the high-end transmitters do that already? What's the reason behind this ICS deal?
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.05, 10:13 AM   #22
Sinister_Y

Arch,

The existing cable does fit. Check out the post from crazyracer regarding 2.4 ics program. High Level- plug the cable into the back most 3 pins with the white cable being closest to the front of the car.

I have also posted details on what to do exactly (in English as opposed to Japanese). Others have added their input regarding the exact meaning of settings etc...
Sinister_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.19, 02:17 PM   #23
dhamby123

problem is mark what high end 2.4 controller are you gonna use with the mini z 2.4 car? does ko make a 2.4 controller that works with the mini-z ? im sure ko has a module remote but what module are you gonna use that is compatible with the mini-z 2.4 rec. ? i think kyosho would have done better if they had just brought out a 75mhz fm car . that would have opened up a world of choice for what controller to use . just my 2 cents . look at all the 75mhz fm tx,s on the market that can be had for less then 100 bucks with all the adjustments you would ever need as far as endpoint adjustments and things of that nature. may just be me but the 2.4 remote looks like somthing that would come with a radio shack car and it has no more adjustment than the standard ko radio .
Old 2008.12.19, 02:24 PM   #24
Tim Johnson

KO makes several radios that will work, if you purchase the mini-z 2.4 module. if you do not want to use KO radios, then PN Racing makes and adapter that will allow you to use the KO 2.4 Mini-Z module with other radio systems on the market.