Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.10.11, 09:38 PM   #1
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

2006/2007 Winter racing season discussion!

Hey all! I've finally put together a potential schedule for this winter season. Sorry it's taken so long. I've been extremely busy this summer and now into the fall. Looks like it may thankfully slow down a bit for me now.

Here are the dates that I'm looking at. This would be a 10 race season with 4 races thrown out. All dates are on Saturdays. Races could start anywhere from 11 to 1. Let me know if anyone has a strong preference. I prefer an earlier start time so that we can finish earlier and enjoy the rest of the day. Location will be my house (basement -- where we held our first season). We will still have a $5 entry fee and prizes again this season. Prizes may be a bit less than last season since I can no longer get prizes at cost... thank you Miguel for helping out last season.

We will be running the same rules as last year. Our stock class will again be limited to the Kyosho stock motor and equivilents. Open class will be same as last year. I do want to have an F1 class... if just one other person brings theirs, we will have a class!

Please provide feedback on the schedule; day, dates, time, rules, etc....

Possible Schedule:
---------------------------------
Nov 3 -- Possible pre-season race.
Race #1 -- Nov 17
Race #2 -- Dec 1
Race #3 -- Dec 15
Race #4 -- Dec 29
Race #5 -- Jan 12
Race #6 -- Jan 26
Race #7 -- Feb 9
Race #8 -- Feb 23
Race #9 -- Mar 8
No Race -- Mar 22 (Easter Weekend)
Race #10 -- April 5

Hope to see everyone again this season! ...also hope to see some new people who I know have been checking out the forum (I know you're out there! ...so come out and race with us!)

Later,
-Patrick
Old 2007.10.12, 05:53 AM   #2
hpgod

I am in for what my wifes work schedule will allow. I'll have the mr01 in the stock class and the f1-ferrari.

f1 is open motor? if its stock motor I just need to pickup another motor. as I have the stock xpeed arm in a pn bb can right now.
hpgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.12, 05:58 AM   #3
pinoyboy

Send a message via AIM to pinoyboy Send a message via MSN to pinoyboy Send a message via Yahoo to pinoyboy
sounds good, looking forward to getting some practice on the new track. I'll be in for

stock
F1
modified
Old 2007.10.12, 07:59 AM   #4
bemoore
Rolling Chicane

Woo hoo! Racing season's back. I'm in for stock class. Maybe F1 if Santa's good to me (and he finds a good deal).

Regarding the schedule and time: I don't have a strong preference on the time, but I vote for 11. I like getting finished earlier and leaving more time to do other stuff. I don't think you'd want to start any earlier. Starting any earlier would limit practice time. I see you're skipping Easter weekend. You might want to also consider skipping the Dec 29 date. Have we ever raced that close to Christmas, and was the turnout decent?

What track are we going to use? RCP or an AtlRC custom?

Do you have the flyer ready yet? I've gotten the OK to post one at the HobbyTown at Gwinnett Place Mall.
Old 2007.10.12, 08:51 AM   #5
russp

I'm in for stock. Don't think I'll be getting an F1 or modified anytime soon. I've considered an AWD a few times though.
russp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.12, 07:51 PM   #6
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpgod
I am in for what my wifes work schedule will allow. I'll have the mr01 in the stock class and the f1-ferrari.

f1 is open motor? if its stock motor I just need to pickup another motor. as I have the stock xpeed arm in a pn bb can right now.
I think we were talking about running the F1's with something faster than stock? Ideas anyone? How about any FET safe motor?
Old 2007.10.12, 08:01 PM   #7
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemoore
Woo hoo! Racing season's back. I'm in for stock class. Maybe F1 if Santa's good to me (and he finds a good deal).

Regarding the schedule and time: I don't have a strong preference on the time, but I vote for 11. I like getting finished earlier and leaving more time to do other stuff. I don't think you'd want to start any earlier. Starting any earlier would limit practice time. I see you're skipping Easter weekend. You might want to also consider skipping the Dec 29 date. Have we ever raced that close to Christmas, and was the turnout decent?

What track are we going to use? RCP or an AtlRC custom?

Do you have the flyer ready yet? I've gotten the OK to post one at the HobbyTown at Gwinnett Place Mall.
I would vote for 11:00 am as well. Doors could open at 9:00 for those who want to practice first. Anybody else want to chime in on this?

I think you might be right as to skipping Dec 29th. I don't recall turnout close to Xmas before, but we might as well give people the holiday times off. We could then hold the final race on April 19th. Any other votes on this?

We will be using the same track that I had at my house last time... with a nice modifcation (don't ask...you'll see).

I'll try to post the new flyer by Monday.

Thanks Billy! Hope Santa brings you an F1.
Old 2007.10.13, 08:32 PM   #8
usaserres

I am also in with MR02 and F1. As for the F1 motor, the stock car comes now with the X-speed and it is good enough for the car to my opinion.

Denis
usaserres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.13, 09:58 PM   #9
pinoyboy

Send a message via AIM to pinoyboy Send a message via MSN to pinoyboy Send a message via Yahoo to pinoyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by usaserres
I am also in with MR02 and F1. As for the F1 motor, the stock car comes now with the X-speed and it is good enough for the car to my opinion.

Denis
I have a speedy awd in my F1! Patrick, is the track carpet?
Old 2007.10.14, 09:27 PM   #10
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyboy
I have a speedy awd in my F1! Patrick, is the track carpet?
The speedy sounds like it would be a good motor to use for the F1s. Since that is the stock motor for the new F1s, maybe we should say that everyone should use the speedy. I don't mind buying one if that is what the majority wants.

The track is my homemade fatigue mat track... so it's foam with similar traction to the RCP. I think you'll like it.
Old 2007.10.15, 08:56 AM   #11
hpgod

patrick do you have any transpoders for sale. The shop here has been out for a while and I need to pick one up for my F1
hpgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.16, 06:43 PM   #12
pinoyboy

when the 2.4ghz mini-zs come out, will we be able to run them in the same classes as the AM cars?
Old 2007.10.16, 08:04 PM   #13
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyboy
when the 2.4ghz mini-zs come out, will we be able to run them in the same classes as the AM cars?
Art - I'll have to check. I only had 3 small ones for the F1's. I may have a couple of regular size. I'll let you know.

Hank - Are they coming out with 2.4 ghz Mini-Z's?!?!? I haven't heard that. That would be awsome... and if they do, I would assume they would be allowed in the same classes as AM cars... unless maybe the FET's are more powerful or something.
Old 2007.10.16, 08:09 PM   #14
wsaenotsock

I've been wanting to race again. My mini's have been collecting dust and my AWD is pretty messed up from the last race. Those dates look good to me. I probably can't make the Nov. 3 pre race since I should be playing in my first ever golf tournament. I get to see how bad I really am.
wsaenotsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.16, 08:15 PM   #15
Mzfreak

Send a message via AIM to Mzfreak Send a message via Yahoo to Mzfreak
wow i still havnt touched those minizs. lol one time i played with it. ill have to come to a race