Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2002.03.10, 09:23 PM   #1
ty_r_k
ecivoN Z-iniM

Track size

I have been thinking lately about the size of the tracks that everyone has been trying to make. It seems like all of them are extremely small for the scale of the mini z. I did a bit of research, looked up the size of the Monaco F-1 track to see about how long the track should be if someone was reconstructing it. The track length of Monaco is aproximately 2 miles after converted from metric measurements. Now if you take that along with the distance we have found for a 1/4 mile for a drag strip which is roughly 50 ft. that means to get a 2 mile track you need 200 feet of track. So inorder to get the 200 foot track you would need a 10' x 20' area to build it, and thats not to mention the walls and the corners and all. I wasnt trying to pick at anyone, but I thought I would just say that I felt the tracks were awful small for the scale of the cars. I also know that there isnt really that much room for anyone to build a track of that size without having an extra family room in a house, so that means that apartments are out. But if you wanted to make a track like Martinsville in NASCAR you need a much smaller area since the track is only about a 1/2 mile. Sorry if it sounded like i was complaining, i was just stating a point is all.
ty_r_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.03.10, 11:15 PM   #2
Fovea3d

Thumbs up Lets dream

Yes Ty...

I've done these measurements too. To reproduce a track like monaco or other, you would need a large hall something like a reconverted bowling or theater. I don't think even a mini-z club could afford it but I'm thinking of a place like a park theme where this complex would drain a lot of people. There you could rent/buy/take your mini Z and championships could be organized.
I don't think monaco is a good choice for the track since there is a tunnel and a big section of the track is on a seashore (too many cars would be lost there ). There could be a web site with online cams from track and in car cams and scenery could be reproduce with trees, buildings, etc. Most important, the elevation would be reproduce the same as original with ramps and banked turns. About track itself, a good mixture of bitume and sand in place of gravels could reproduce the scaled road texture, providing high grip for both soft and hard tire compounds.
There would be a structure over the track where te drivers could have an overal view of the track, but best of all, some could drive rented cars equiped with cams from inside a kind of game drive simulator next to the track. At this point, you might say why could't people from the web drive those cam cars???

I'd say that its technically possible, only the transfer rates on the web for video are too slow at this time, but how about in, say, 10 years?
So, thats my vision for a track I would take the plane to go and drive on What do you think?

Just to think about, here is a pic of a place in california, fairplex, 1/24 I think... Take a look at all those carcovers laying in the junkyard
Did someone ever drive on this ??? The road is not wide and be awared, there are phantom trucks running there

http://www.fovea3d.dynu.com/public/Fairplex.jpg
Fovea3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.03.11, 12:01 AM   #3
mini-z
Administrator

Quote:
To reproduce a track like monaco or other, you would need a large hall something like a reconverted bowling or theater.
Well, we're working on putting together a warehouse track, so it may be close. The web cam idea is great; we already have the Mini-Z cam so people can tune in on channel 16 within a certain proximity, but the web cam would be even cooler!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.03.11, 08:21 AM   #4
ty_r_k
ecivoN Z-iniM

monaco

I only used Monaco as an example, though it would be awesome to replicate it. I was only using it as a comparison since it seemed like an average sized track. Wow that track in the pic is extremely realistic!! I dont think having an actual lake would be all that great, last week I inadvertantly transformed my mini z into a submarine, lol it wasnt all that fun pulling it apart to clean and dry it out. beware of puddles
Old 2002.03.29, 01:40 AM   #5
Fovea3d

Mini-z Dome

Last night I had to play with this huge track concept... so here is my mini-z complex project. I don't think I will go on with photorealistic 3D since I doubt this would ever be built
This is just rough 3D modeling.
Videomonitoring racing cabins are on each 4 corners. You can rent a videocam car at the store and have a driver view or drive a regular z from the stage above the tracks...
There is a 28 to 1 model of a mini-z chassis in exibition at entrance. 28 to one means the model has the size of a real car The oval track#1 has banked curves and all tracks are interconnected but I stop here with that
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01b.jpg (37.5 KB, 148 views)
Old 2002.03.29, 01:42 AM   #6
Fovea3d

Mini-z Dome details

More shots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02b.jpg (34.8 KB, 134 views)
Old 2002.03.30, 07:25 AM   #7
PorscheGuy964
House Plant

Send a message via AIM to PorscheGuy964
WOW!!! I lik ethat idea alot!!.

Awhile back I was talking to a fellow mini-zer about making a real life looking mini-z track. what I wanted to do was make a big mountain that would be to scale of the mini-z but on it would be Pikes Peak track. you could hold races on it but only use rally bodys or cars that are actually used at Pikes Peak. You could use the Evo and the Scooby adn so on. But I think it would get to expensive and not that many people would probly like to race it.

But I think that and up hill climb for the mini-z would be soo cool.

For you Initial D mega fans(I'm not a mega fan but I am a super fan) you could do Akina and run a eight-six on the down hill and a Evo on the uphill and so on.

just always thought a hill climb type race would be cool for the mini-z
Old 2002.03.30, 01:18 PM   #8
Fovea3d

Yeah Right PorscheGuy, PikesPeak!!! The model is flat because I had not much time to do that but there would certainly be hills and climbings, in fact a whole scaled scenery. There is still no design for the tracks layouts, its roughly hand drawn. I did not mention the four tracks are connected with "routes" and there definitely must be a city with crossings in the middle of the complex so the drivers going from one track to another get stuck in the traffic jam There could be a lace road (sorry im french hope you see what I mean) up to the stage so drivers can put the cars on the track without having to go downstairs and step on the scenery (that would be forbidden except for marshals).
Price of that? Probably $millions in investments... Just compare it to the price of a real track and its still cheaper anyway...
That would drain a lot of people, you don't need a license to drive on it, and you can be 14... the owner will sell a mini-z for each major crash... etc
All in all that thing needs a business plan...
So... how much would you give to drive there say, a whole day?
Old 2002.03.30, 08:22 PM   #9
PorscheGuy964
House Plant

If your Track was going to be as good as you describ it I woulld definatly pay like 15 bux or so, depending on if there are little stands to buy food/drink and restrooms. If its just a whare house probly somewhat less.....
Old 2002.03.31, 10:33 AM   #10
mini-z
Administrator

Wow, that is one of the coolest renderings ever!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.03.31, 02:35 PM   #11
Fovea3d

Not done!

Thanks mini-z!
Actually I didn't get very far with the renderings, I like when it goes photorealistic but I didnt put much time in this. The model is 10% done and generally I use another 3D soft to render the scene so it can end up with something like the pics below.
Come one, motivate me to go further with this Mini-ZDome!!! Most tricky part is to model the scenery and roads with hills, climbings etc...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg building.jpg (38.4 KB, 97 views)
Old 2002.03.31, 02:36 PM   #12
Fovea3d

Some cars

Cars can render well especially with reflections and shadows
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cars.jpg (38.1 KB, 89 views)
Old 2002.03.31, 02:38 PM   #13
Fovea3d

Last one

The yellow one behind the 928 is my design. Didnt find a way to make a shell for my mini-z with that shape, but still looking
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 928.jpg (24.3 KB, 93 views)
Old 2002.03.31, 03:12 PM   #14
PorscheGuy964
House Plant

Great thats soo cool I love how you added some porsches in there too!!!

Old 2002.03.31, 04:46 PM   #15
Fovea3d

Thanks PorscheGuy. Porsches are hard to find 3D models I only have 2 from the web.
BTW my brother has a (real) 928 ... Its been 5 years that he talks about selling it to me... he wants a S4. If I wait long enough perhaps he will give it to me? In the meanwhile, the car stays in good shape thanks to aluminium for the body parts.