Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.01.12, 11:23 AM   #31
Ninja
Mechanic

Send a message via MSN to Ninja Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja
the new 03 model will probably be a copy of the x-mod and the new 05 will be a copy of the mini mauler ................LMAO, honestly i wouldnt doubt it, i have heard that the new 02 will have 4wd capabilities (like x-mod) and the new 04 will have independant suspension (like mini mauler) but thats just rumors, i cant say how true they are
I am a FIRM believer in "Run what ya brung"......Unless it's your MOUTH!!!
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.12, 12:05 PM   #32
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i don't see how a copy of the xmod would benifit anyone. even if it were cheaper than rs's.
arch2b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.12, 12:06 PM   #33
Ninja
Mechanic

Send a message via MSN to Ninja Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja
x-mod 4wd chassis with the iwaver electronics would be pretty fast and handle pretty good i think
I am a FIRM believer in "Run what ya brung"......Unless it's your MOUTH!!!
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.12, 12:10 PM   #34
arch2b

all it would do is incease the speed and steering response as well as betteer range. the rest is still a heavy, clunky chassis already prone to breaking parts as fast as the iw-04. the xmod is only good for drifting in my opinion and stock, requires more mods to run close to iw standards than an iwaver does to k. standards
Old 2005.03.06, 02:29 AM   #35
will3kgt

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
all it would do is incease the speed and steering response as well as betteer range. the rest is still a heavy, clunky chassis already prone to breaking parts as fast as the iw-04. the xmod is only good for drifting in my opinion and stock, requires more mods to run close to iw standards than an iwaver does to k. standards
Very well put arch, I drifted SonicFury's Lith-Ion X-mod on a RCP track a month ago and it was a blast! But that's all an x-mod is good for. I tell everyone thinking about getting an x-mod to put your money to better use and get a IW or mini-z....That's the only chance they'll have of beating me in a race. However I really like the drift package that the X-mods have..I was wondering is there anyway you can get those wheels on a mini-z?
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.03.06, 09:07 AM   #36
easy

Hi fellows,

I've posted info about the IW 03 and 05 being set up up for AWD/4WD. I wonder why you automatically assume it will be a copy of someone elses' design. Why is it so hard for you guys to imagine there are manufactuers in China who will sell their products to anyone who wants to buy them legally?

The dispute in germany appears more and more to be an issue with the distributor and not Kyosho and Iwaver directly. To say the 03 would be a copy of the X-Mod is pretty silly IMO since the X-Mod is just another version of a pan type RC car. The manufacturer of the X-mod doesn't likely hold a patent for the RC pan chassis but you never know do you?

I can tell you that Iwaver is well aware of the X-Mod and they are also aware it is not as good a car as their current line up. I'm glad iwaver is changing their products because as I've said before the entire Mini-Z line up leaves a lot to be desired especially the OL and MZM. There are things I really like about them but not the price, the steering servos' absolutlely stupid design, the fact that every stress point on the OLs break unless you upgrade to alloy and the lack of 4WD in scale models of vehicles that are all 4WD in full scale.

arch, you mention parts that break fast on the 04... do you own one? you've said you won't buy one due to the quality issues so it appears those comments are based on other people's reports. I've seen reports of the link rod mounts breaking but it is so easy to replace them with alloy plates it is hardly worth talking about that as a problem. If that happened to an MZM I think you'd just say up grade to alloy without criticizing the MZM for not being up to its intended task out of the box so why look at the 04 any different?

arch, you're a good guy, very fair and honest but other than the steering function on the 04 that is a true problem I don't think the 04 is any less robust than the MZM. I don't see anyone running their MZMs the way I run my 04. I don't see many if any pics around here showing MZMs being used in the conditions I use my 04 in and I haven't broken any parts yet.

Any of the pictures I have seen around here of offroading are OLs and most including yours arch are all upgraded with alloy parts at the stress points. I know of at least 2 reports where the 04s that broke link rod mounts or steering components were accidents. So are you really being fair with your comments about the 04? No offense but I don't think you are.

Please don't be put off because as I said I think you have been and continue to be very fair and more open minded to the Iwaver. The 04 is far from perfect, believe me I know that, but I don't think breakage is any more of a problem for the 04 than the MZM and OL. The main reason your MZMs and OLs don't break is due to the alloy upgrades don't you think? Why replace all those original plastic parts with alloy if the plastic was strong enough?

DM

SSMT143 crawlers, the OL killers at 1/3 the price.
easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.03.06, 10:53 AM   #37
arch2b

easy,i appreciate your comments and they are always welcome

my comments regarding fit, finish and qc regarding iwaver is ment to be taken as an impression of hte whole line more than one particular chassis type. i do not have an iw-04 but i do have an iw-01 which has served it's purpose extremely well.

my resistence to buying further iw products is soley based on the common problems that get posted frequently. with 2 kids i do not have money to put into a product at this time only to have iw release an upgraded version soon after. it just seems like a big waste for me and my budget. i would much rather continue waiting until iw puts out something that has clearly been improved such as some of the things you've alluded to for future releases. i am by no means anti-iwaver, i just don't see the value in spending money on the iw-02 or 04 with the apparent qc and steering problems when they have better products coming down the line. i am more than content to wait for the good stuff.

in terms of basing opinions based on forum report... that is one of the function of a forum. it's a venue for members to post thoughts and opinions on products so that others can make a more informed opinion/purchase. this however involves filtering the obviously biased and sometimes simply inaccurate information form the good stuff. i realize this requires a certain level of rationality that at times is overlooked by a small few but i think for the most part the people here are smart and contribute useful opinion. i've made my own opinions well know already regarding the european legal issues already in that thread. a general rule of thumb is, when there is lack of offical information opinion, assumption and theory will flourish. this is why manufacturers such as NML, RCP, PRO-Z, CORE and others are so valued here. they provide access to answers and questions. were more manufacturers to provide some access on a similar level, i think you would find much less suspicsion (sp?) and theory. even hasbro has someone to answer transformers based questions to related forums for example. if a corporation as large as hasbro can do this, it makes no sense why smaller more direct consumer related manufacturers can not do the same. there are some that appear to have very good sources with iwaver. it would be nice for them to convey those sentiments instead of us having to glean small tid bits from a select few insiders. even if they were to use those few as their contact/liasons, it would be nice.
Old 2005.03.07, 09:35 AM   #38
ruf
4play

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy
I've posted info about the IW 03 and 05 being set up up for AWD/4WD. I wonder why you automatically assume it will be a copy of someone elses' design. Why is it so hard for you guys to imagine there are manufactuers in China who will sell their products to anyone who wants to buy them legally?
Products like these are RARELY ever sold LEGALLY in China, because they aren't designed there. Generally, Chinese manufacturers sell production services and rip off the design to sell to others illegally. How do they get away with this? Because most of the original designers getting ripped off find that it is not economical to pursue legal action. Now I hope that IW 4wd chassis will be a new design (doesn't have to be revolutionary), so I'm withholding judgement on that until they come out. I just wanted to point out to you that just because things happen, doesn't mean that it's exactly legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy
To say the 03 would be a copy of the X-Mod is pretty silly IMO since the X-Mod is just another version of a pan type RC car. The manufacturer of the X-mod doesn't likely hold a patent for the RC pan chassis but you never know do you?
Ok, slow down. The XMod is a PAN CAR? Do you know what pan car is? The XMod is nothing like a pan type chassis design.
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.03.07, 10:04 AM   #39
arch2b

you also have to keep in mind kyosho has not said anything regarding iwaver either so all speculation to this point is really just that... this whole debacle has had to revolve around asusmptions because we have not heard any real info from the companies involved.
and forget trying to understand what the european thing is about. we have yet to get a clear understadning of what that is much less what it's attempting to do.

yes, it's a deplorable thing if found to be true however none of know this to be fact at this time.

i'm sure in due time more offical information will be released. it almost always finds it's way out
Old 2005.03.07, 04:03 PM   #40
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

Send a message via AIM to ruknd@aol.com
easy...I have an IW04 and the plastic is no where near as good as the K cars. It's just not. My 04 has become mostly alloy as a result. I'm not complaining I expected this when I bought it...I do love the price and the fact I run an S04 without a fet upgrade.

ruf...agreed on the pan chassis...the pocket knife is a closer pan design.
ruknd@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.03.08, 01:25 AM   #41
will3kgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruknd@aol.com
easy...I have an IW04 and the plastic is no where near as good as the K cars. It's just not. My 04 has become mostly alloy as a result. I'm not complaining I expected this when I bought it...I do love the price and the fact I run an S04 without a fet upgrade.

ruf...agreed on the pan chassis...the pocket knife is a closer pan design.
I was wondering...Can you run an SO4 in an IW02 or an IW01 Pro without a FET upgrade?
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.03.08, 10:44 AM   #42
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

Send a message via AIM to ruknd@aol.com
yes...the pro board will handle the S04...I have one in my IW04
ruknd@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.03.19, 10:07 AM   #43
razzor

Just a little gossip!!!
Have seen new Iwaver 03 proto type.
Sworn to secrecy ,but I can tell you this ------- ITS AWESOME !!!! -------
The design of transmitter will also be changing.

So stop whining and start saving your $$$

Lots of other news but can't let cat out the bag, yet !!!
By the way its still RWD.Complete new design.
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.03.19, 10:12 AM   #44
byebye

ok where did you hear that info?
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.03.19, 02:30 PM   #45
lightfighter
MINI-Z SOLDIER

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor
Just a little gossip!!!
Have seen new Iwaver 03 proto type.
Sworn to secrecy ,but I can tell you this ------- ITS AWESOME !!!! -------
The design of transmitter will also be changing.

So stop whining and start saving your $$$

Lots of other news but can't let cat out the bag, yet !!!
By the way its still RWD.Complete new design.
I think we can assume a few things here........ one the new Iw's will be semi compatable to the original *******s like the 01 is to the 02. bodies, wheels, etc

Iwaver is using the "clone method" to promote interest and raise finances for their "original design" once embbeded in the Miniz community there is not a real need to establish their name. already been done, now they just have to provide a new product, and if they continue their strategy of offering pcbs and replacement chassis they should do well with everyone upgrading to a AWD chassis
lightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote