Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2012.01.29, 10:24 AM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
80's Toys Collector?

anyone else out there collect toy lines from their youth?

i have a large g.i. joe collection, small transformers collection and a few masters of the universe and mask items.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.29, 01:35 PM   #2
twinkie

i wish i still had all my transformers...back when everything was metal.
do you remember go-bots?
twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.29, 02:11 PM   #3
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Last two years I have ben collecting Transformers. Quit about fall time, still have a few left.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.29, 03:58 PM   #4
arch2b

yep, i had go bots as well. the takara stuff still uses metal vs. the hasbro releases.
Old 2012.01.29, 04:48 PM   #5
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Do to limited space, I just keep my WST Transformers.
Old 2012.01.29, 09:31 PM   #6
MiniPunch

I've still got all my Star Wars stuff buried in a closet somewhere. I'm pretty sure I've still got all my Stompers too. I need to dig that stuff out...
MiniPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.30, 01:01 PM   #7
arch2b

oddly enough, i never got into star wars. they have a huge toy following and tons of product out right now but just never appealed to me. i wish i had gotten one of the at-at's when they were discounted at targets. it was a steal for the size of that thing. sort of like the BMF at $50 when clearanced at walmarts.

anyone get have a-team? i picked up the movie line stuff since there were only a few characters and of course the van when it hit clearance for $13.

sometimes you can find great deals at ross, tj maxx and marshalls as they normally get all the last year stuff. if you shop smartly, you can save a lot of money.
Old 2012.01.30, 02:40 PM   #8
ScoobyPete

Had loads of original star wars Figures whose arms and legs didn't bend and the light sabres came out the arm and the vehicles.
I also had a 12" Luke Skywalker a friend had Boba Fett in 12" these were rare as rocking horse poo in the UK.
They all got thrown away Then I went a bit mad and got them all again plus a few more with the re-releases in the early 2000's

I had an A team Van, the figures were all wearing funny jumpsuit type things, BA didn't even have the Gold. The Roof came off the Van so they could sit inside.

Other memorable toys were a 12" Six million dollar man with a magnifying eye and and engine he lifted, you rolled his skin up on his arm and could see the bionics underneath. Mask and Transformers. OH and my all time fav was an Evel Knievel wind up stunt Bike and matching dragster.

Last edited by ScoobyPete; 2012.01.30 at 02:43 PM.
ScoobyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.30, 06:17 PM   #9
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Ive also ben collecting 1/43 scale movie cars. I have both KITT and KARR from Aoshima, the BTTF Part Two from Vietneese, the Cannonball Run black Lamborghini from whome I cant remember, the amphibious Lotus from The Spy Who Loved Me, and a model from Top Gear featuring the Stig. Im very close to picking up the A-Team van in 1/43 from Hot Wheels. Looks to be the coolest of the vans. I also have a 1/48 die cast model of Airwolf, and just picked up a 1/32 scale die cast model of Blue Thunder.
Old 2012.08.12, 07:10 PM   #10
arch2b

i have had a very hard time finding the hot wheels movie cars. i have the BTTF delorean and that's it.

anyone else used to have TMNT? i picked up the playmates 6" classics figures today! these are based on the 1988 cartoon look and have 34 points of articulation.

Old 2012.08.12, 07:13 PM   #11
arch2b

i already picked up the mattel MTU classics he-man/battle cat and skeletor/panthor earlier.

Old 2012.08.12, 07:17 PM   #12
arch2b

not sure anyone follows sdcc exclusives? they have started a TF/Gi Joe crossover for their annual exclusive from Hasbro. this year was a shockwave cobra hiss tank with repaint figures. these are very hard to get unless you like ebay market pricing which is 2-3x's retail for these. last years starscream skystriker was awsome but this one has a lot more to it than just the vehicle.
Old 2012.08.12, 09:43 PM   #13
herman

toys of my youth...

Quote:
Other memorable toys were a 12" Six million dollar man with a magnifying eye and and engine he lifted, you rolled his skin up on his arm and could see the bionics underneath. OH and my all time fav was an Evel Knievel wind up stunt Bike and matching dragster.
lol... i definitely remember the 6mdm... me and my brother had him... enjoyed looking though his eye, rolling up the "skin" on his arm and taking out and putting back the "bionics" into his arm... there was this button in his back that you would push to activate his arm to lift up the engine while saying..."nanananana" or whatever bionic sound you would make... hahaha...

and that evel knievel... was way to cool... you'd crank and wind up that red thingy with the white reel until that high pitched sound, and by the time, your hands and arms were hurting... i do remember that i got a wound on my hand at one point...

my brother and i would make him jump over everything... lol... that was fun... those were the days...

"I love the feeling of the fresh air on my face and the wind blowing through my hair."
-Evel Knievel

Last edited by herman; 2012.08.23 at 03:13 AM.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.07, 06:55 AM   #14
warrenC7432

I have my ninja turtles, M16 rifle with music, one of my aunt gave it to me, and some superman toys, i miss my childhood when i see these toys , i have locked them in a box for my children.
warrenC7432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.09.07, 07:18 AM   #15
arch2b

anyone follow transformers news? new masterpiece optimus prime coming to TRU! looking forward to picking up this one myself.

recently found some vintage MASK vehicles i had as a kid as well. worn to hell but still brings back lots of fond memories of simpler times.