Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2015.06.08, 12:11 PM   #31
ilove599xx

I made it even if I don't know how I did. But it's binded now.

Now I have the same problem as the first post, my steering is so little, and turing right on tx but the car goes left direction.

I will try to see if I can fix this myself. thx
ilove599xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.06.08, 12:40 PM   #32
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove599xx View Post
I made it even if I don't know how I did. But it's binded now.

Now I have the same problem as the first post, my steering is so little, and turing right on tx but the car goes left direction.

I will try to see if I can fix this myself. thx
reverse the steering should be servo 1, and turn it up to 120 for both left and right and you should be good. I also think you need to turn the channel 4 off.

I'm trying to remember how I set up this radio for one of our racers. I don't have it so I'm trying to go off memory.
Old 2015.06.08, 09:30 PM   #33
ilove599xx

where can I turn it both side to 120

the reverse is ok now, no need to turn off channel 4, thanks
Old 2015.06.09, 07:51 AM   #34
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove599xx View Post
where can I turn it both side to 120

the reverse is ok now, no need to turn off channel 4, thanks
you want to turn off channel 4 as that is used if you are having 2 steering servos and that is one of the things that limits the steering. when you turn it off is aids in providing the full steering you'll need.

then you can set the endpoints to max to get all the steering.

like I said I don't have the radio any longer but we are racing this thrusday and I can check out the settings again at our race on the radios.

Maybe someone that is using this radio can chime in with the exact settings.
Old 2015.06.09, 11:21 AM   #35
ilove599xx

you are correct,

I didn't know how to turn off channel 4

but I click in and put it to 0

and I think I solved the problem

it looks perfect in my living room, I think it's done

thank you
Old 2015.06.09, 12:34 PM   #36
briankstan

glad I was able to help out.
Old 2015.11.04, 09:29 PM   #37
Solo1
Old nut

Just thought id add some input from my experience with th it4 i droped my first radio and the light went out so i couldnt see the screen. I bought another and it worked but not as well as the first 1 not sure if this is a radio problem or a problem with the steering pot or the board. Because i bought a kt432 pt and 1 of my cars still has a steering problem. I do like the new radio a bit better and think it might be a better radio for the miniz.
Solo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.02.01, 04:10 PM   #38
bmmcwhirt

I'm a bit new to ground RC and I'm looking at getting a Mini-Z (actually I'm just deciding which one to get). So that explains my lack of knowledge.

I've been looking at getting an FS-IT4 for my 1/10 car which is just convenient that it will work with some of the newer Mini-z.

Has anyone did a feature/difference comparison of the FS-IT4, FS-IT4S and the KT-432PT?

The IT4S and KT-432PT are similar in brice but the IT4 is about half the price of the other two.
bmmcwhirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.02.01, 04:21 PM   #39
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

The biggest difference that I am aware of is the KT432P is switchable to left hand use while the It-4 is not. The KT432P is available with or without the extra receiver that allows for other than Mini-Z use. The 432 also has U.S. based warranty consideration. Not sure about the It-4.

I have seen some steering "pot" issues that went away when the chassis was re-centered to match a centered radio trim.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.02.01, 06:03 PM   #40
bmmcwhirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
The biggest difference that I am aware of is the KT432P is switchable to left hand use while the It-4 is not. The KT432P is available with or without the extra receiver that allows for other than Mini-Z use. The 432 also has U.S. based warranty consideration. Not sure about the It-4.

I have seen some steering "pot" issues that went away when the chassis was re-centered to match a centered radio trim.
The warranty and left hand are of no concern to me, I'm sure the warranty is a big thing for others. Is the KT432P based on the it4 or the it4s? There isn't a whole lot of difference but there is some: http://imgmgr.banggood.com/images/up...0988%20pdf.pdf

I don't know that there is any of the updated features I need I just like to be well informed. At this point I'm leaning towards the FS-IT4 because I can get it, the RX and all the sensor modules for US$130. I know the sensors are not usable in the Mini-Z but as stated I have a 1/10 that I can put them in.

On top of that I will probably be getting the MA-020S kit that has the KT-19 with it so I will have a backup radio. With my quadcopters I've learned it's essential to have a backup radio. I'm just trying to decide which is going to be the best main radio for me.
bmmcwhirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.02.01, 06:27 PM   #41
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Somebody with more recent knowledge of the F/S needs to jump in. Soon after the "S" series mini-Z's became available there was a lot of interest in anything better than the KT-19. When the KT432 was being rumored I quit paying attention.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.04.06, 05:36 PM   #42
TPDazzle

Lots of traffic here for awhile. None recently. I just read on RC tech that some people are even running Flysky 3 channel radios and replacing the stock potentiometer with the pn one to get full steering. I have some S2 boards, and would love to get a radio with more features, but the flysky s seem to have a common theme on the message boards: people love them, lots of great features for the money, then in 6 months or less they quit working. So, I would love to hear from some current Flysky users. What radio are you running? How long have you run it? What are your thoughts?
TPDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote