Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > Mini-ZRacer.com Mini-Z Dojo, Ann Arbor MI

Old 2010.07.26, 09:30 PM   #16
svt-racer

I can be there this Saturday. Where is the location for this event? What time are we required to be there?
svt-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.28, 05:40 PM   #17
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Hi Guys,
I submitted the information for the Assistant passes. They requested that I give each of your email addresses, so I don't know if that means that you'll be getting a message from them. I'll let you know what I know when I hear something.

Also, just in case I said that each of you were going to be there on Saturday and Sunday.

I am still in need of transponders. Can you let me know if you will bring yours on the day and if we can borrow it please?

Lawrence, I may have to "borrow" your identity for Will on Friday. Unfortunately he has to work and can't come over the weekend, but may be available for Friday setup. Of course you need a pass for that day, and requesting his separately would mean I had to follow a different (longer) procedure for requesting Assistants for a "large group". Anyway, I didn't think that people would believe he was Carlos Perez or Derrick Yeo, so he may be your temporary double. I hope that is ok

Friday evening I'll update after set up about peoples tickets/passes and any other information I might have. If you are coming on Saturday, could you let me know by Friday what time frame you are planning on coming ?

Things are coming together on our end, and it's getting close now! Thanks guys!

Meridith
Mrs Mini-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.29, 04:49 PM   #18
svt-racer

I will bring my car with the transponder. I need an address for this place. I don't know where I am going this Saturday.
Old 2010.07.30, 05:08 AM   #19
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

The Henry Ford Museum is in Dearborn. I'll just leave the directions up to the experts. Should take about 25 minutes to get there from here
Thanks!
Old 2010.07.30, 06:18 AM   #20
svt-racer

Got it. It is accross the street from where I work. Thanks!
Old 2010.07.30, 09:24 AM   #21
hobbycar

I'll be there with my family Saturday (tomorrow) morning around 10:30am.

-hobbycar
hobbycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.30, 09:43 AM   #22
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Thanks Norman! I'll contact you about tickets tonight. also, any word on completed track layout? We have to set up this afternoon.
Old 2010.07.30, 09:55 AM   #23
hobbycar

Unless someone has a better idea I was thinking we would just use HFAY Track 1 (requires 2 full Wide L sets) and another Wide L for a practice track. Thus we need 3 full Wide L sets.

We have space for something bigger but would require more people for set up and tear down.

-hobbycar

HFAY Track 1:

Wide L:
Old 2010.07.30, 07:43 PM   #24
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Hi Guys,
The track is set up, and it's nearly time to race!

From the Maker Web Site:
Upon Arrival
Entrances to Maker Faire will be located near the IMAX* Theatre entrance (near the corner of Village Road and Oakwood Blvd.) and near the Automotive Hall of Fame (north of Village Road, off Oakwood Blvd.) You may also enter Maker Faire from inside Henry Ford Museum through the west side of the Museum between the Wienermobile TM Café and Museum Gallery.
Tickets must be presented upon entrance. Weekend / 2-day and Super-Pass ticket holders will receive nontransferable wristbands upon entry.

Parking & Drop-Off
Parking attendants will be on duty to direct guests into various Ford Motor Company lots off Oakwood Blvd. (see parking maps). After you have parked, follow the signs to one of the two entrances. Parking at The Henry Ford is free of charge the weekend of Maker Faire only.

CONSTRUCTION INFO!!!!!!
While driving there, I saw a sign that said EB I-94 was going to be down to 1 lane, and when I was researching that, I saw that the Northbound Ramp to M-39 from EB 94 is closed over the weekend, so can anyone say "Michigan Avenue"? Here is a link to the MDOT site for info/interactive map. I find it not unexpected, but really annoying, but not as annoying as if I didn't find out until tomorrow!

My Parking Info:
I'm sorry there isn't more specific information about parking, they didn't seem to have too much info about that. Everyone that is getting an Assistant Pass from us (Norman, Carlos, Derrick, Lawrence) will need to retrieve their wristbands from the Check-In. To get to the Check-In, Maker Faire says please use the Beech Street entrance, just north of the Automotive Hall of Fame. It's two tents at the west side of the Museum building. There was a Security Guard there today, and he directed us to where we need to go. I do not know if you will be able to drive back there, or if you'll need to walk back to that area. The parking back there is limited and I was told it's on a first come, first serve basis.

Check-In/Tickets
Of course when we got to Check-In, they didn't have a record of my requested additional Assistants, that will work in our favor hopefully. I wrote on a bit of paper Norman, Derrick, Carlos and Lawrences names. Each of you should receive a wrist band for the day.

Norman, since I was able to scam the Assistant list, you'll now need 1 less ticket. You will be an Assistant, Kristy and Peter can use our Complimentary tickets, Mekelit is free, so I will get you one child ticket for Sam. Contrary to the information they gave us earlier, I think that child tickets are even cheaper ($9.50 maybe). I tired to purchase them today and figure out how to get them to Will Call, but they only took cash, and that is something that I never have on me, so I will purchase it in the a.m. and keep it and the Comp tickets with me. Our exhibit is nearly within spitting distance of Check-In, so if you text me (734-239-4403) and David when you're at Check-In, I'll bring the tickets right out. Sorry I couldn't coordinate that all in advance, their info they sent didn't say cash only.

Dan, since I will see you tomorrow I will just give you the ticket for Stacey, which I believe is $15.

Please remember to bring your Z's (including transponders ), wear comfy shoes and be ready to have fun! Fingers crossed for a smooth weekend!

Thanks guys!
Old 2010.07.30, 08:24 PM   #25
svt-racer

At what time are you and David going to be there? I plan to be there as early as you guys need me to.
Old 2010.07.30, 08:46 PM   #26
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Hi Carlos,
We're planning on leaving our house a bit before 8am. They say we're supposed to be ready by 9, but we don't open until 9:30. If you wanted to come early, if you could be there by around 9 for finishing touches that would be great.
Old 2010.07.30, 10:26 PM   #27
svt-racer

Ok, I will try to be there by that time.
Old 2010.07.31, 06:13 PM   #28
hobbycar

My family had a really fun time at the Maker Faire today. And I'm really glad I could help out at the Mini-ZRacer.com / Shop.TinyRC.com booth.

I recommend going to anyone that has a chance.

-hobbycar
Old 2010.07.31, 06:43 PM   #29
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
when will we get to see pictures and or video?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.02, 07:55 AM   #30
Mrs Mini-Z
Administrator

Hi Guys,
I think it's fair to say that we had a successful weekend at Maker Faire, and it couldn't have happened without all of you! Thanks to all of you, and also to your families who put up with you being busy all day Saturday or Sunday. David and I couldn't have done it without you, and really appreciate your help and time.

The cars managed to last through 18 hours of racing, and kids young and old had a great time racing. It seemed the only crying was when parents made their kids stop racing!

We ended up having a really great space. Lots of room for the track and shop tables as well as some couches the Museum staff put there for a little "lounge" for us.
Here are some pics:

Here's the track and pit tables on set-up day:

Another view of our space on set-up day:

Here we are on Saturday, open for business and racing!

Even Henry Ford stopped by to race!

On Saturday, Hobbycar re-organized us a bit for better crown control/people flow. Here we are, ready for Day 2!

Thanks again to everyone for their help!

p.s. would now be a good time to mention we've got a 2-hour mini event in Saline at the Summerfest next Saturday