Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.12.11, 12:48 AM   #1
DechYe

My new $32 basment track

I convinced my dad to go out to sams club and buy me 16 (8 for $16) foam 2'x2' tiles. I didnt know that they would end up looking like a preschool floor bur w/e lol. As soona s he got home i go to work. about 2 1/2- 3 hours later i ahd made a cool track. I had the idea in my head it looks so cool in real life (ya ya ya its not a RCP but its nice ) hehehe my iwaver is wating on its v1.3 so she cant drive today but i changed the elctronics in one of my xmods to a un fried one and added a 6 cell and had some fun drifting. infact, im wating for the batteries to recharge right now

Well, here is the pictures of my track (my xmod is in the right side middelish)

Later i will epoxy the "walls" down and rip up the ugly duct tape.

Tell me what you think
dech
DechYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.11, 12:53 AM   #2
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

Send a message via AIM to ruknd@aol.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by DechYe
I convinced my dad to go out to sams club and buy me 16 (8 for $16) foam 2'x2' tiles. I didnt know that they would end up looking like a preschool floor bur w/e lol. As soona s he got home i go to work. about 2 1/2- 3 hours later i ahd made a cool track. I had the idea in my head it looks so cool in real life (ya ya ya its not a RCP but its nice ) hehehe my iwaver is wating on its v1.3 so she cant drive today but i changed the elctronics in one of my xmods to a un fried one and added a 6 cell and had some fun drifting. infact, im wating for the batteries to recharge right now

Tell me what you think
dech
Mine is similar but I stuck like 5 or 6 packs down and they're black. Its nota bad setup but eventually I'll cave in and get an RCP. Also...the borders connect together and you can lie them flat without a car z running over them... NOw you can get a bunch of safety pins and pin them down and chenge it whenever you want!
ruknd@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.11, 12:57 AM   #3
byebye

Quote:

Tell me what you think
dech
Very creative! Very colorful also LOL. Gotta start somewhere right? Goodjob!
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.11, 01:41 AM   #4
DechYe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruknd@aol.com
Mine is similar but I stuck like 5 or 6 packs down and they're black. Its nota bad setup but eventually I'll cave in and get an RCP. Also...the borders connect together and you can lie them flat without a car z running over them... NOw you can get a bunch of safety pins and pin them down and chenge it whenever you want!
That gave me such a good idea. acutlly you gave me such a good idea but what ever Im going to taks some long sewing pins thing and just stick em in. Thanks for the idea ill try it soon
Old 2004.12.11, 02:39 AM   #5
Pro-Z Racing

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Z Racing
nice track i did the same thing

I think i spent $100

http://www.pro-z.com/track1.jpg
Pro-Z Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.11, 02:51 AM   #6
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

Quote:
That gave me such a good idea. acutlly you gave me such a good idea but what ever Im going to taks some long sewing pins thing and just stick em in. Thanks for the idea ill try it soon
Thats what I did...and did ....and did
Old 2004.12.11, 11:58 AM   #7
DechYe

hehe its so fun having a track.
Although i may have to work on the wavy part. because its really hard to amke it thorugh with out hitting anything, well actully almost imposible. I only did it once out of the two sets of battiers on my 6 cell xmod.
Old 2004.12.11, 02:55 PM   #8
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Not bad! Like byebye said, "you gotta start somewhere".

My first tracks where home store mats, with glued side rails. I didn't like the glued side rails so much, since I couldn’t flip the mats over to use the slippery textured side for some optional driving set ups, like drifting. I think if you can make your rails removable, like some of the other members have done, this would be best. You can then create some varying radius turns and flip the tiles, for which you wouldn't be able to do with glued side rails.

It looks like RadioShack will be sponsoring another XRL Tournament in 2005. They are also sponsoring XRL Tournaments in Puerto Rico as well. RadioShack uses the flip side, smooth surface of the RCP Tracks, which are very similar to the smooth side of the home store fatigues. So get some practice and participate. The prizes are not bad.

Here is a track that I did for Kyosho, some time ago, that used glued side rails. It didn't work too bad, except the Kyosho drivers were not impressed by the poor traction and the fact that the cars kept coming off the track. Their comments gave me the motivation to create and design the RCP custom textured tiles and tall foam side rails.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 56_on_the_bridge.jpg (25.0 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.12.11 at 03:12 PM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.11, 03:06 PM   #9
Pro-Z Racing

I raced in the XRL I went to the finals i had probaly the fastest car but the glitching was insane and i tangled with another can and my antenna got hung up and riped out. But it was fun. The track was awesome.
Old 2004.12.11, 04:08 PM   #10
DechYe

Dont you have to only use rs upgrades. How can you have the fastest car when everyone else has the same stuff.
My xmod has great right side turning but horrible left side turning. so im going to do somehing called "the tight turnz mod" and then ill be abel to take my left haned side turns and not have to crash, reverse, then go.

man, i really want my woah nelly v1.3 to get here so i can drive my iwaver.
Dech
Old 2004.12.11, 04:28 PM   #11
Pro-Z Racing

i spare no expense on equipment, insane amount of testing and 4 months of solid practice.
Old 2004.12.11, 05:28 PM   #12
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Quote:
Dont you have to only use rs upgrades. How can you have the fastest car when everyone else has the same stuff.
My xmod has great right side turning but horrible left side turning. so im going to do somehing called "the tight turnz mod" and then ill be abel to take my left haned side turns and not have to crash, reverse, then go.

man, i really want my woah nelly v1.3 to get here so i can drive my iwaver.
Dech
There are some things you can do to make your car go a little faster than the rest of the field, like batteries, but I think Pro-Z is talking about that he was able to turn the most laps. He may still might of had the fastest car, but it was not so much how fast your car was, but how good of a line you ran. You will find that in most races, those with the best line and the least amount of crashes, usually come out ahead. Car set up and how you drive make a big difference as well. Some drive faster with specific upgrades, while others drive better with different set ups. The key is to practice with one set up that gives you the fastest time, hope that all your laps are counted and stay away from impacts with other drivers.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.11, 07:57 PM   #13
Ninja
Mechanic

Send a message via MSN to Ninja Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja
and just think, i have 48 of those tiles laying here in my room right now (mostly black) just waiting for me to make something worthy of driving on out of them, i have a few colored tiles like yours i was going to cut up and make rails out of but havent wanted to take the time to do it

PS, i got all my tiles from work for free i work for a place that ships for Home Depot and Lowes warehouses and these were retuened for damaged packaging but the tiles werent hurt
I am a FIRM believer in "Run what ya brung"......Unless it's your MOUTH!!!
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.12, 12:47 AM   #14
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPMini-z
There are some things you can do to make your car go a little faster than the rest of the field, like batteries, but I think Pro-Z is talking about that he was able to turn the most laps. He may still might of had the fastest car, but it was not so much how fast your car was, but how good of a line you ran. You will find that in most races, those with the best line and the least amount of crashes, usually come out ahead. Car set up and how you drive make a big difference as well. Some drive faster with specific upgrades, while others drive better with different set ups. The key is to practice with one set up that gives you the fastest time, hope that all your laps are counted and stay away from impacts with other drivers.
Yeah that sums it up...the bet drivers always win...first teh least amound of crashes..SLOW IS FAST (I keep getting told this and when I do it I turn nice laps...when I dont I end up summersaulting like an Eastern european gymnast...fast but with grace that makes you think did I just see that?) second is the line...remember the line but dint crash. consistency is key.

Oh and above we saw a moment in miniZ history...Is that the same bridge we have seen at recent shows? Anyway, remember have fun and hop up handling before power. Speed kills lap times.
Old 2004.12.12, 08:43 PM   #15
SonicFury
Sun Speed and Sin

Send a message via AIM to SonicFury Send a message via MSN to SonicFury
haha what's up Dech I didn't know you were here... love the track