Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events

Old 2012.02.22, 06:44 PM   #31
PNracing

Send a message via AIM to PNracing Send a message via Yahoo to PNracing Send a message via Skype™ to PNracing
Thanks, hotel booked. 89+9 tax

http://www.pnracing.com
http://PNWC.pnracing com
DownloadPNICS ICS Android Apps for ICS Setting
PNracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.27, 08:07 PM   #32
Z_408

Just a reminder that the last day to sign up is February 29th.

This year's Tekin race format will change slightly. We will be having 5 rounds of qualifying. Qualifying rounds will be four-minutes long, only one round will count towards your qualifying position. Fours rounds will be on Saturday and the last chance qualifier will be on Sunday. Triple A-mains will be seven-minutes, lower mains will be five-minutes. Six spots are available in this years A-mains, no bumps. All lower mains will have a max of 5 cars and all mains will race for a trophy.

Less than a month to go. Good luck everyone.

www.insidelineracing.com

Last edited by Z_408; 2012.02.28 at 01:17 PM.
Z_408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.29, 04:29 PM   #33
Z_408

Today is the last day to sign up.

Thank you to all the racers that have signed up. This is shaping up to be a great event.

www.insidelineracing.com
Old 2012.03.12, 04:36 PM   #34
Z_408

Attached is the tentative schedule for the race weekend. It should not change much but might change slightly.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tekin sign ups 2012.pdf (32.2 KB, 54 views)

www.insidelineracing.com
Old 2012.03.12, 10:06 PM   #35
color01

Binh, for the race weekend can you take me out of Pan Mod? I'm totally not prepared for it and would prefer not to become a moving chicane. Thanks!

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.13, 01:47 PM   #36
Z_408

Quote:
Originally Posted by color01 View Post
Binh, for the race weekend can you take me out of Pan Mod? I'm totally not prepared for it and would prefer not to become a moving chicane. Thanks!
No problem. See you next week.

www.insidelineracing.com
Old 2012.03.16, 09:39 AM   #37
wcrotty

Send a message via AIM to wcrotty
ok i see this on the schedule "Trophy Presentations"

crossing my fingers Binh. hahaha

2008 PN World Champion
2008 PN Canadian Champion
2006 PN World Champion
2004 Kyosho Cup National Champion
2003 Kyosho Cup National Champion
wcrotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.22, 12:40 PM   #38
yowza

The hardware is in and folks are laying claims already

And if last night’s clubs race is any indicator this weekend will bring out the competiveness in all of us. Should be some good racing. Good luck to everyone and let's have some fun!
yowza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.23, 01:11 AM   #39
phea
Dexterous

Send a message via AIM to phea
Oh yeahhhhh Tekin comin... Friday gonna be busy.
Old 2012.03.26, 10:21 PM   #40
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
well... back from the TEKIN NATIONALS had an awesome time with the ILR family!
it was a struggle all weekend to find a good rythem as both of my cars felt as if they were performing @ 75%
for PANCAR MOD we only had 7 registered drivers so the decision was made to run a random grid 7 races with each racer taking a turn at the tq spot!
great fun and all 7 racers ran at there top level but i knew i did not have the car to be in contention for the win.... i ended up 3rd 3rd 4th 5th 4th 6th i think came away with overall 4th!

in GT MOD every one was running close as can be as far as qualifying and lap times!
STEPHEN BUI taking the early TQ spot.... and in Q3 i had a super clean run grabbing the TQ spot by just over 2 sec
i managed to hold on to the TQ for the AAA Mains!
i knew i didnt have the pace to run away with it so i came up with a plan to control the pace from the front...
AND IT WORKED! i won A1 2nd in A2 and 3rd in A3
with the tie breaker giving me the over all win over PHILIP and BIHN!

btw! MOSLERS RULE!!!!!!!!!

i had a great time and cant wait for the next one! thank you to all that made this race possible!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012 tekin qual.jpg (48.5 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120326_144405.jpg (266.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20120326_144504.jpg (275.1 KB, 40 views)

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.26, 11:08 PM   #41
color01

Very nice job Grant! I royally screwed up my setup after Saturday, underestimating the amount of traction that would come up midway through Sunday, but still had fun making my way back from last place in the B. Lots of data gleaned from this race due to testing out a different setup every qualifier, I think I'll be able to make a good showing this year at RCX!

Thanks again Binh for hosting this race and to Philip and Tekin for sponsoring it!

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.28, 02:24 PM   #42
twinkie

this year was a blast.... and the fastest I have ever driven mod. Cant wait till RCX. Granted the mod car is not mine...but I have yet to return it. Pop's is letting me run it a bit more. I'm trying to sneak it back into my box for when I go to RCX. LOL
twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.29, 04:07 PM   #43
Z_408

Thank you racers for making this event great, the level of competition was awesome. Big thank you to Philip at PN Racing for stepping up to the plate every time with the great sponsored prizes and supplying the motors for the stock classes. Thank you Reflex Racing, Atomic, iLap, and R1 Wurks for sponsoring the event with great prizes. Thank you to all the racers that helped behind the scenes, keeping the weekend running smooth. For everyone that traveled from far to race with us, thank you, you guys took the event to the next level.

In the sportsman stock class it took the entire triple A-main to determine the winner. Ezra Gold consistently set the fastest lap times of the day but was unable to put together a clean run in the mains. Gold held the fast lap of 8.66 seconds. Michal P. was your TQ and winner of the first A main. In A2 Montuy was able to stay out of trouble and take home the W. A3 came down to the wire with Dave C. taking the main in the final lap. When the smoke cleared, Montuy became this year’s Tekin Sportsman National Champion.

In pan car stock, Romel Tuason of PN Racing set the TQ and ran away with the first two mains and this year’s Pan Car Stock Tekin National title. This left A3 open for the remainder of the field to fight for second. It was a good race down to the wire with Ryan Crabb pulling out the victory. Cilloni held fast lap of 8.47 seconds.

In modified GT, the top four drivers in qualifying were within two seconds. Matsushima on his third run of the day managed to take home the TQ. In A1 Matsushima lead wire to wire and the first win. In A2, Matsushima lead for the majority of the race. A2 was a very close race, 5 of 6 drivers finished on the same lap. One simple bobble would drop you a few positions. Philip was able to edge out the A2 win with three laps to go. In A3, it was a sudden death race between Matsushima and Ng. This race also saw 5 of the 6 racers on the same lap at the finish line. With the stars in alignment this day, I was able to win A3 0.256 seconds in front of Ng for the A3 victory. Fast lap was set by Nelson with a 7.902 second lap and Stephen Bui with the second fastest time of the day with 7.911 seconds. Matsushima claims this year’s Tekin Modified GT title for the second year in a row.

In pan car modified we took a page out of the Reedy book and ran seven heads up races with each racer taking a chance at the pole. We ran four mains on Saturday and three on Sunday. Bui driving his pan car for the first time the since the PN Nationals in October was able to find his groove early. He was able to win three mains on day one. On Sunday, Nelson was hot early with the first two main victories with Bui coming in second both times. In the last main of the day, Tuason was able to stay clean and take home the victory. With the Tekin Pan Car Modified National Championship wrapped up and thirty seconds left on the clock, I announced that Nelson has set the fastest time of the weekend. Then I made a request for Bui to attempt to take down the fast time. Bui then complied and dropped the fastest lap of the weekend, 7.85 seconds. Stephen Bui is this year’s Tekin Pan Car Modified Nation Champion.

The racing was fun this weekend but the hanging out after the racing was as fun. These events are about having fun, winning is the bonus. I hope that everyone had a great time. Like always, we hope to leave you asking only one questions, “Hey Binh, when is the next one?.”

I will post results and pictures soon.

www.insidelineracing.com

Last edited by Z_408; 2012.03.30 at 02:00 PM.
Old 2012.03.29, 07:29 PM   #44
PNracing

Send a message via AIM to PNracing Send a message via Yahoo to PNracing Send a message via Skype™ to PNracing
Can't wait to watching the video again.

http://www.pnracing.com
http://PNWC.pnracing com
DownloadPNICS ICS Android Apps for ICS Setting
PNracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.30, 01:52 PM   #45
paluch

Great event

Great event as always. Thanks, Binh. Tons of fun. Can't wait for videos and the next one (when is KO coming?).

BTW. It's Michal P.
paluch is offline   Reply With Quote