Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.07.12, 08:05 PM   #1
pHREDD
z of mini

Ferrari F50

One more....RED

autoscales are cool
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT2596.JPG (78.4 KB, 101 views)
Old 2004.07.12, 08:07 PM   #2
TNB
Pet Human

Are you starting a new thread for every AutoScale?
Old 2004.07.12, 08:09 PM   #3
cam2
cop magnet :(

Send a message via AIM to cam2
did you have like 50 boxes at your door when you came home?
Old 2004.07.12, 08:13 PM   #4
pHREDD
z of mini

Three boxes at my door....and yes a new thread...why not? that way if someone searches for a certian car they can find it easy...how else would you do it?
Old 2004.07.12, 08:17 PM   #5
cam2
cop magnet :(

Send a message via AIM to cam2
i was just jokin around hope you didn't take it the wrong way.
Old 2004.07.12, 08:21 PM   #6
pHREDD
z of mini

Hey cam2 I can take a joke .....Its all in fun... I maybe should have saved some for later ....oh well carried away I get, when to stop I dont know.
Old 2004.07.12, 08:27 PM   #7
TNB
Pet Human

To me, the simple purchase of an AutoScale body and announcement that someone bought one doesn't really help anyone since they can usually be found on Kyosho’s website much easier since a person doesn’t need to know the specific name of it. There is also no needed modification to an AutoScale, so it is not like it is also helping someone "fit" a body on a Mini-Z. And if the AutoScale body has never even been tested on the chassis, the post doesn’t even help provide an opinion of its handling characteristics.
Old 2004.07.12, 08:44 PM   #8
pHREDD
z of mini

TNB, I can see your point, but looking at pictures on kyosho's web site and someone posting pictures on a forum for discussion are two different things. Its hard to ask questions on a manufactures web site and get honest and unbiased answers if you even get a answer at all. In a Forum such as this one "bodies" I thought it was for posting pics of bodys and discussing them. And no the autoscales require no modification but isnt that why there is a custom body forum? Isnt this a gallery for bodys? For General Discussion? And testing them on chasssies Isnt there another forum for that?

I may be wrong but thats what I thought.

Dont take this the wrong way.......
Old 2004.07.12, 09:06 PM   #9
TNB
Pet Human

I don't want you to take this the wrong way either or misunderstand me since I'd be all for a thread geared toward a specific body if there was some additional information to begin with other than just a photo of an unmodified AutoScale. I would have also hoped that the moderators would have activated the “image” function as well to show off such bodies if they in fact wanted such bodies to be seen. An oversight? If I recall correctly, there was discussion regarding the Panasonic-Toyota F1 body and after a few posts, I brought up how in my opinion, the body hindered the motor's movement since there was less clearance between the motor and the body when compared to the other F1 bodies that I owned. To me, that would be useful information if I wanted to race an F1 with that body style. For show, I wouldn’t have cared. In my opinion, it is sort of a balancing act where too many threads lead to less discussion and where too few threads make it harder to locate relevant information, especially when so many don’t use the search button. That’s just my opinion and it’s not like it matters anyway. Quite honestly, I’d rather see the site running faster and photos of the products for sale next to the items listed for sale.
Old 2004.07.12, 09:17 PM   #10
pHREDD
z of mini

At least this post stimulated a good discussion

I had hoped to try out all my bodies at least a few laps... if anybody ask how does it handle? Where did you get it? how much was it? Things like that I will answer the best I can.

I respect everyones opnion on this site wheather I agree with them or not. No ones right all the time and we all see things in a different way. Thank GOD or we would all have the same bodies with the same chassies and all have CATS
Old 2004.07.12, 09:23 PM   #11
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
hehe
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.07.12, 09:25 PM   #12
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Didnt get to run it yet.I think it is a very cool body.I have a yellow one that i striped,decaled,painted the rims black.Nice rims that come with it.Wish i had a camera!!!
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.07.12, 09:47 PM   #13
TNB
Pet Human

pHREDD,

If everyone had "cats", I'd probably have a dog.

Actually, I wouldn't mind viewing a thread where the first post showed a nice unmodified photo of the RTR and AutoScale body, listed the chassis type, stats, characteristics, and perhaps, contained a link to the "real" automobile or race team for body comparison purposes, as well as other information. It would also be useful to note a PCB board change and any differences from the prior versions. However, I also understand that it would be time consuming for whoever does the review.
Old 2004.07.12, 09:59 PM   #14
pHREDD
z of mini

I got the F50 because its the only "street" body I could find for the RM. It says it fits the RML. I have never hooked it up that way and Im not even sure what the L part of it is...Im assuming its the motor housing setup change like all the rest.

As far as doing reviews in the detail you talked about...heck i do good to post a pic and type out a few words.... .
Old 2004.07.12, 10:22 PM   #15
TNB
Pet Human

I believe the "L" portion of RML basically means "low" because apparently the RTR F50 RML doesn't ship with the shock mounted in place due to the rear portion of the body being so low or close to the motor. The newer "F1 MM LM" apparently also doesn't ship with the shock mounted.

I purchased the yellow F50 AutoScale shortly after RCX. I tried to purchase the RTR version at RCX, but the Kyosho guys wouldn't let me purchase any of the Mini-Zs on display or even the F50 demo they were running on the track. As far as running the F50 without a shock, I really haven't noticed much of a difference on the RCP Track. It would probably be more noticeable on a rougher or bumpier surface.

Edit: What about the MR-02RM Ferrari 575M Maranello?

Last edited by TNB; 2004.07.12 at 10:32 PM.
TNB is offline   Reply With Quote