Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.05.23, 08:42 AM   #1
TuNeR1989

My Nellyfied MR-02

TuNeR1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.23, 10:21 AM   #2
imxlr8ed

What motor is in that and what batts did you use for that run ? Seems like alot of work to get to 30 kmh... but then again, it looks like you're running a 6 tooth... might want to step up to at least a 9 tooth.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.23, 10:28 AM   #3
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Good work, it looks like a nice clean install. What kind of motor do you have on there?
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.23, 10:28 AM   #4
TuNeR1989

I dont decide what i'm going to do to a car depending on how much work it will involve, that can take away from creativity. Besides if i wanted to hit lightning speeds i'd just swap out the motor.

I'm running a teammnm IDR motor, IDR=In Door Racer. I am running a 9 tooth on the dyno with 75% charged sanyo's. The nelly and motor arent just installed for top speed. I run on a rather small indoor oval track so for me 15-20 mph is way more than enough. I do rarely race on a 1/10'th track and when i do i throw in a plasmatomic.

Last edited by TuNeR1989; 2006.05.23 at 10:33 AM.
Old 2006.05.23, 10:43 AM   #5
imxlr8ed

Just being curious... I like the system they have going, I had something similar a long time ago, but by the time I figured out how to get the fets installed, I just started doing internals. I guess the torture of trying to perfect my own became too much, and internals became the easy way out.

Good job, clean install... me say me likey, wasn't trying to dig on you.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2006.05.23 at 10:46 AM.
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.23, 10:45 AM   #6
TuNeR1989

Thanks man
Old 2006.05.23, 12:43 PM   #7
Mojar7070
Racer4Life

R u using and F1 diff?? Also, it does "look" like you using a 6tooth instead of a 9, but i'll take you word on the it.
Old 2006.05.23, 01:11 PM   #8
TuNeR1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojar7070
R u using and F1 diff?? Also, it does "look" like you using a 6tooth instead of a 9, but i'll take you word on the it.
Nah regular MR-02 diff.

In the reg. pics its setup with a 6 tooth.

On the dyno pic i'm running a 9 tooth.
Old 2006.05.23, 02:26 PM   #9
MINIz guy11
Hibernation ON!

Send a message via AIM to MINIz guy11 Send a message via MSN to MINIz guy11 Send a message via Yahoo to MINIz guy11
seems slow cus some guys have said a stock car can go 30 kph at the top sped. still, very nice
MINIz guy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.23, 04:02 PM   #10
Dougboy

stock mr02 diff is black?

and the spacer on the right left is gold?
Old 2006.05.23, 04:06 PM   #11
sciencemike

Nice install there tuner. Love how you twisted the motor wires, That might eliminate some noise and it keeps it nice and tight....

I just got myself a nelly and im in love with it!

As for the 30 kph, i love people who make outrageous clams to speed. Stock setups go about 17-22 kph. Nice AAA setups go about 30 kph, unless you have no torque and all top end. And lithium 7.4 setups go about 45-60 kph. Neos will drop the speed 10-20% as well. Then again there are really nice super smooth setups, like ceramic bearings and such that will break these guidelines.

Tuner, can i make a suggestion, the BBs in those gold cans are crap they have a lot of drag. Loose the gold Audley can (double diamond right?) and throw in a can with a nice BB in it, the blue enbell has a good BB in it, the enbell just melts easily. WHich can be dangerous because those audley cans get hot hot hot. (If you dont believe me take the arm out and spin it in the endbell, and outside the can in the can bb. The endbell will free spin at least 5x as long!) I am a huge fan of MNM motors, but i just have a problem with the Audley cans. For that matter the replacement PN can bb's suck as well, although i have only tried two of them, unlike the Audley that i bought a set of 10 and i got 1 in trade. So trade out that can for somthing smoother and cooler. Your batteries will thank you for both of those reasons.

Last edited by sciencemike; 2006.05.23 at 04:23 PM.
sciencemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.23, 05:59 PM   #12
TuNeR1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencemike
Nice install there tuner. Love how you twisted the motor wires, That might eliminate some noise and it keeps it nice and tight....

I just got myself a nelly and im in love with it!

As for the 30 kph, i love people who make outrageous clams to speed. Stock setups go about 17-22 kph. Nice AAA setups go about 30 kph, unless you have no torque and all top end. And lithium 7.4 setups go about 45-60 kph. Neos will drop the speed 10-20% as well. Then again there are really nice super smooth setups, like ceramic bearings and such that will break these guidelines.

Tuner, can i make a suggestion, the BBs in those gold cans are crap they have a lot of drag. Loose the gold Audley can (double diamond right?) and throw in a can with a nice BB in it, the blue enbell has a good BB in it, the enbell just melts easily. WHich can be dangerous because those audley cans get hot hot hot. (If you dont believe me take the arm out and spin it in the endbell, and outside the can in the can bb. The endbell will free spin at least 5x as long!) I am a huge fan of MNM motors, but i just have a problem with the Audley cans. For that matter the replacement PN can bb's suck as well, although i have only tried two of them, unlike the Audley that i bought a set of 10 and i got 1 in trade. So trade out that can for somthing smoother and cooler. Your batteries will thank you for both of those reasons.
Good stuff mike, thanks!
Old 2006.05.26, 04:47 PM   #13
TuNeR1989

Well since i am going on vacation to a house that has a great paved dragstrip almost area, i thought i should make it faster.

It might be too fast for fun now.

I'm hitting 30-35 MPH on the speedchecker at the moment with gobs of Torque to spare!

I'm running a Plasmatomic with Neo's and a 14T pinion. I'm also experimenting with a damper setup using sponglike material.

Old 2006.05.26, 10:08 PM   #14
color01

good stuff.... forgot to ask, but how's the pn mount? a gift from ph2t better be good, lol.

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.06.05, 06:31 PM   #15
TuNeR1989

Yep it's great i love it man, i dont see how i raced without it beforehand lol.