Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.10.28, 04:20 PM   #1
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

Talking Hammer Team Racing Enzo.

Well I finally scraped enough time together to finish the body of my Hammer Team Racing Enzo. I have a number of MR-02 chassis so I'm hoping this will be the first of a few more members of the racing team to come. I haven't done much model painting for a while, it was a lot of fun playing with ideas.

Here's a few pics.

I have a new chassis I'll be changing out soon as the stock chassis is getting a little worn from being bashed about and taken apart so many times.

Upgrades to this chassis are:
CF H Plate
4x2 FET Stack
NML SSV2 Motor
Kyosho Ball Diff
MZR Dry Racing Bearings

I'll post more pics when I've upgraded to the new chassis.

Last edited by Hammer; 2006.10.28 at 04:27 PM.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.28, 05:00 PM   #2
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY

that is one of the best looking Enzo bodies that I've seen.

Love the wheels to.
Old 2006.10.28, 05:07 PM   #3
locwan

That is by far the most tastefully done custom paint/decal job I've seen so far. Good job.
locwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.28, 10:01 PM   #4
BillH

Send a message via Yahoo to BillH
Looks great!
BillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.28, 10:31 PM   #5
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Thumbs down

Nicely done in very good taste!

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.28, 10:47 PM   #6
Flashsp-2
motor guru

I would have to say that is the best looking Enzo I have ever seen. Your paintjob looks flawless. I really digging those Z-speed wheels, but I can't seem to find their online shop anymore. Where did you get them from?

Available at www.Maine-iac-motors-rc.com
Flashsp-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.29, 01:52 AM   #7
color01

The paint isn't flawless; there are some small amounts of orange peel in the blue.

But besides that, it's so professionally done it's amazing. I love the theme.

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.29, 08:48 AM   #8
Boss302
Mini-z Addict.

Send a message via AIM to Boss302 Send a message via MSN to Boss302
Wow....

best enzo EVER. The paint is awesome. Im astounded at the quility.

MA-010-Completely Stock.
Boss302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.29, 07:42 PM   #9
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

First of all, thanks everyone for the compliments, I really appreciate it!

I hadn't painted a 1/24 scale plastic model since I was a kid, that was a very long time ago, so this project was a complete experiment and I really learned a lot. I used Tamiya TS Lacquer in rattle cans. I have an airbrush but with my lack of time lately and the clean-up involved with the airbrush, rattle cans were appealing. I'm very impressed with these paints, they go on smooth and cover well. With my first attempt on this unpainted Enzo AutoScale I used Tamiya masking tape for detailing, but used some blue painters masking tape to cover some larger areas. I had to strip the paint completely and start over because the adhesive on the blue 3M tape stuck to the paint below , not good. The Tamiya tape worked great and I used it exclusively on the second paint job. Ultimately having problems with the blue 3M painters tape was a good thing because I learned much more having to go through the stripping process.

At the end of this post are a couple of pics of the body stripped for the second time around.

There are areas for improvement, as always. There is a small amount of orange peal and/or my sticky fingerprints in or on the clear over the blue in a couple of spots on the side of the car. I haven't checked to see if I can clean the prints off or if they are imbedded in the clear coat. There are four coats of clear, I waited about 20 hours before I handled the body after. I'm thinking allowing 48 hours after clear coating before handling, depending on humidity, might not be a bad idea. Still considering the scale and detail involved, I'm pleased with the outcome. Like I said experimentation, which often includes failure, is a good thing as long as learning is involved in the process. I will be taking all of this forward to my next project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashsp-2
I really digging those Z-speed wheels, but I can't seem to find their online shop anymore. Where did you get them from?
The wheels are Z-Speed. I purchased them from the shop here, unfortunately, that was some time ago and I don't think they are currently in stock. I haven't been able to find the Z-Speed website either.

Finally back to the subject at hand, I'm curious to hear what have you guys have experienced regarding painting & applying decals to these 1/24 scale cars?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HRES1.jpg (131.0 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg HRES2.jpg (133.7 KB, 140 views)
Old 2006.10.29, 08:53 PM   #10
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY

you have probably seen my Burnt Orange Pearl Murcielago thread. I hate to say it but I pretty much am going through the same situation. I had it all done and was ready to clear. I had the wrong clear and didn't notice it until after the first coat. the acrylic clear ate away at my enamel paint.

so into the break cleaner it went, I have just finished the base color for the second time and will be applying the peal paint again.

oh well you live and learn. I say your paint job is fantastic. I know what is involved with painting these little things, between your several different colors and the great decals, it turned out perfect.
Old 2006.10.29, 11:14 PM   #11
herman

that's one cool enzo...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.30, 02:43 AM   #12
will3kgt

Amazing.
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.30, 01:04 PM   #13
Flashsp-2
motor guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer
The wheels are Z-Speed. I purchased them from the shop here, unfortunately, that was some time ago and I don't think they are currently in stock. I haven't been able to find the Z-Speed website either.
Well after much searching I managed to find the shop in Germany that carries those wheels, http://www.mini-zshop.de/ They also carry the 4Tec AWD wheels which are amazing as well. Seeing those wheels on your Enzo reminded me why I wanted a set of those so badly...

Available at www.Maine-iac-motors-rc.com
Flashsp-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.31, 05:20 PM   #14
Supraman93

Very nice Enzo Hammer. Here is a picture of my Enzo body.
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/.../Tru_Fire_Enzo

MR-02 Enzo 4x4 fets SSV.3
MR-02 Diablo 4x4 fets Plasmatomic
MZM 3x3 fets Anima, Li-Ions
Supraman93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.31, 06:27 PM   #15
stuZ
mini-z muckraker

super sweet! and inspiring.
same goes for that caprice light mount job, whew!!
have you posted a thread about that?
stuZ is offline   Reply With Quote