Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.11.28, 12:41 PM   #1
BostonRacer

good Mini t setup?

Basicly, this will be for everything, I'll jump it crash it and race it on a dirt track with other 1/18's...

so far its stock accept I got a trinity mini monster motor in it, and Team losi battery pack,

I need to upgrade, first of, I know nothing about the electronics or where to even start, if anyone can point me in the direction of where I can get already easy to set up electronics, let me know...

Chasis I want to order the GPM Fiber chasis -http://www.**********.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=12398

GPM Aluminum rear gearbox

aluminum front and back arms (comes with 2 right?)

aluminum front damper plate and servo kick plate..

sheilded bearings...

need help on - electronics, pinion, main gear, tie rods, anything I missed basicly.. wheels tires, I like the look of the sand wedges and rear sand tired, but how would they run in the regular dirt? I've never seen them in person..

I know I'm missing some things, but would this turn into a pretty decent mini?
BostonRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.11.28, 05:30 PM   #2
pomme de terre

Upgrading the elecs on the Mini T is pretty costly since you basically need new elecs all together. None of the stock elecs can be kept. Fitting servos bigger than stock is also a hassle.

If I were you, I would sell the Mini T and get another 1/18th instead with all the money that it seems like you will be spending. RWD sucks
pomme de terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.11.28, 08:22 PM   #3
Roketmini
The C is Missing.

Send a message via AIM to Roketmini
Get MIP CVD's, they are way better than stock dogbones, and MIP makes them the best.
Old 2006.11.28, 08:44 PM   #4
builthatch
yes, it's a boxer

id stick with the losi chassis parts/upgrades instead of the chinese alloy upgrades. The quality will be consistent, the parts will be easy to find/ replace, and they will be cheaper. If you will run in dirt, get rubber or teflon shielded bearings and a ball diff w/ slipper setup.

as far as motor and esc, get a mamba setup, no question the best 1/18 deal going. for batteries, i recommend LRP matched/pushed VTEC 1400 packs (intellect cells), but lipo seems to be the ticket.

you'll need an RX but i dunno what radio you are using.

here is a lil article from rc car action www.rccaraction.com/articles/minit_mad.asp

good luck; i love losi stuff.

FS: several built "old school AM" MR-02s + stuffs
builthatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.11.29, 05:30 PM   #5
BostonRacer

hmm, read the articles, can you hook me up with some links were you suggest to order the parts

*edit

also, I am going to order a micro Rs4 because a track near me is supsoivly starting a series, and they already run them every friday night, can you direct me in some simple/easy upgrades, definatly battery pack,motor,bearings,?

Last edited by BostonRacer; 2006.11.29 at 05:37 PM.
Old 2006.11.29, 05:44 PM   #6
builthatch
yes, it's a boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonRacer
hmm, read the articles, can you hook me up with some links were you suggest to order the parts

*edit

also, I am going to order a micro Rs4 because a track near me is supsoivly starting a series, and they already run them every friday night, can you direct me in some simple/easy upgrades, definatly battery pack,motor,bearings,?
I recommend a shop in NJ that ships, the guy is very easy to deal with and ships same day. he's got alot of 1/18 stuff in stock and ALOT of mini-z stuff too, tho for that the site shop is OUTSTANDING; anyway, Cruizin with RC's, 201 825 4884, ask for ron

all of your mini-t needs, but online
http://www.rcraceday.com/comersus/st...?idCategory=42

rs4? can you run xray m18? i recommend that over the mrs4.....

Old 2006.11.29, 08:05 PM   #7
pomme de terre

What cars do the other guys at your dirt track run? Seriously, the Mini T is way outdated now and if no one else at your track runs one, you might as well get rid of it.

Btw if your dirt track is packed dirt, you wont want paddle tires. For batteries, if you stay NiMH then Intellects are the way to go. If not, then Lipo. If I were you, I would just go talk to the other guys at the track. Ask what THEY recommend. What car they run, what tires, what setup etc...

As for Micro RS4 stuff. Its also an outdated car. I would go with a M18. But to answer your questions, the MRS4 already comes with bearings. For both the M18 and MRS4, a Speed300 motor is great, cheap and fast. You will need a diff motor plate to mount this motor. Stock MRS4 dogbones break real easy so you will need alloy ones for sure. Front diff is pretty much a must, and a rear is nice too. See if you can score a used MRS4 that already comes with a lotta upgrades.

I dont know if youve done this already, but you should be asking these questions on a forum thats actually just for 1/18ths. YM, one18th... that way youll get a lot more advice.
pomme de terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.12.02, 03:36 PM   #8
BostonRacer

Did some research...

I figure'd out I am going to run the mini t still, since its really isnt out dated at the track, and I found a better idea to do with it to set it up better...

and I'd much rather run the xray, just having trouble finding the best site to order it off of..? suggestions?
Old 2006.12.02, 06:36 PM   #9
builthatch
yes, it's a boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonRacer
Did some research...

I figure'd out I am going to run the mini t still, since its really isnt out dated at the track, and I found a better idea to do with it to set it up better...

and I'd much rather run the xray, just having trouble finding the best site to order it off of..? suggestions?
http://www.teamhelotes.com/~main/catalog/i49.html

Old 2006.12.03, 09:51 AM   #10
BostonRacer

So thats great...

For that to run, I'd need...

A motor - suggestions ? I have some extra Mini Monster motors laying around,prolly need new springs and brushes but yea,

electronics - something easy to fit ? I'm still trying to educate myself back into the world of rc and electronics is a speedbump for me... suggestions?

Electronics I'd like to keep it cheap, I can always upgrade if I get it, run it a few times and fall in love with it...