Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.01.30, 11:02 AM   #1
Tim Johnson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 712
Post **New Parts** January

Hello all, below is a small list of new parts comming soon, around March.

MDW011 Machine cutting spur-gear set L
(3pcs) AWD wheel base L (94mm) Spur-gear teeth: 27/29/31

MDW012 Machine cutting spur-gear set M
(3pcs) AWD wheel base M (90mm) Spur-gear teeth: 27/29/31

MDW021 Aluminum pinion gear set for AWD gear teeth: 15T/17T/19T/21T

MZT151 Oval car tire set (Semi wide /4pcs)

MZT152 Oval car high grip tire set(Semi wide /4pcs)

MZW220 Friction damper set (Carbon) MR-015MM/MR-02MM chassis
__________________
Support your local hobby shop, because you can't race on ebay.

Last edited by Tim Johnson; 2007.01.30 at 11:56 AM.
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.30, 12:04 PM   #2
arch2b
Moderator
 
arch2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 31,361
Send a message via AIM to arch2b
wow, nice to see upgrade pinion and spur gear options!

even better to see softer nascar tires. it was very disappointing that there were never options for the classic tires
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.30, 12:37 PM   #3
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy
 
Spoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 3,413
Yeah, those tires are going to make it a lot harder to *not* get one of those chassis. My only concern is the iSeries board. I would almost rather pay a little more for a genuine 015.

I wonder when/if the bodies will be available separately.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.30, 12:44 PM   #4
HaCo
02-Racer
 
HaCo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Belgium - Leuven
Posts: 883
Some interesting stuff!
__________________
SRL in Belgium with permanent Mini-Z track!!!
Mini-Z News!!!
Handy RCP track editor!
HaCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.30, 12:46 PM   #5
Tim Johnson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon
Yeah, those tires are going to make it a lot harder to *not* get one of those chassis. My only concern is the iSeries board. I would almost rather pay a little more for a genuine 015.

I wonder when/if the bodies will be available separately.

I don't know how much more I can say about the I series board....LOL. I would not be worried about it. It is of Kyosho quality.
__________________
Support your local hobby shop, because you can't race on ebay.
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.30, 01:03 PM   #6
bnwhtlw
i heart oversteer
 
bnwhtlw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Charlottesville, Va.
Posts: 517
Send a message via AIM to bnwhtlw
How about some softer classic tires. pretty please?
bnwhtlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.30, 01:35 PM   #7
michvin
Registered User
 
michvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Brooklyn. Got a problem with that?
Posts: 1,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Johnson
I don't know how much more I can say about the I series board....LOL. I would not be worried about it. It is of Kyosho quality.
Hi Tim
Speaking of Kyosho quality and PCBs: what's the story of the pink page that comes with new chassis sets (with 3010 FETs)? Is that an official acknowlegement that there are problems with those boards? I burnt 2 already - one that died a week after purchase was replaced by Kyosho without any problem. The other, older one, i replaced myself. To me, this in combination with the pink page is acknowlegement
__________________
And now my Scale Models too!
michvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.30, 04:04 PM   #8
Tim Johnson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 712
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by michvin
Hi Tim
Speaking of Kyosho quality and PCBs: what's the story of the pink page that comes with new chassis sets (with 3010 FETs)? Is that an official acknowlegement that there are problems with those boards? I burnt 2 already - one that died a week after purchase was replaced by Kyosho without any problem. The other, older one, i replaced myself. To me, this in combination with the pink page is acknowlegement
An issue with the PCB? I am not sure of any pink paper, maybe an 8 x 11 white page?

There is not an acknowlegement of a problem with any PCB board. There is a paper that will come with the 3010 FET cars that will inform you of ways you can fry your PCB board, and ways to avoid doing so.

I find it very hard to fry a PCB board, unless you leave the thing on, and put it into your carrying bag. I have fried three PCB boards in my time. All were of my own doing. Once was due to hair getting caught in the axle. The other two were due to me leaving the car on and putting it away in my carrying bag. Currently I have been running a Semi stock Mini-z with a PN Racing option motor. This PN motor comes very close to the tolerance of a stock 3004 FET. I have been running this same type of motor and exact same chassis/PCB for a year now. It would have been longer, but I left my car on when I put it into my carrying bag at the 2005 PN World Cup.
__________________
Support your local hobby shop, because you can't race on ebay.
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.30, 04:15 PM   #9
michvin
Registered User
 
michvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Brooklyn. Got a problem with that?
Posts: 1,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Johnson
An issue with the PCB? I am not sure of any pink paper, maybe an 8 x 11 white page?

There is not an acknowlegement of a problem with any PCB board. There is a paper that will come with the 3010 FET cars that will inform you of ways you can fry your PCB board, and ways to avoid doing so.

I find it very hard to fry a PCB board, unless you leave the thing on, and put it into your carrying bag. I have fried three PCB boards in my time. All were of my own doing. Once was due to hair getting caught in the axle. The other two were due to me leaving the car on and putting it away in my carrying bag. Currently I have been running a Semi stock Mini-z with a PN Racing option motor. This PN motor comes very close to the tolerance of a stock 3004 FET. I have been running this same type of motor and exact same chassis/PCB for a year now. It would have been longer, but I left my car on when I put it into my carrying bag at the 2005 PN World Cup.
Yeah, i know that. In two years i fried one 3004 board - my fault. The horror story (3010) is: It ran for a ~10-12 minutes intellect cells/PN motor. After the car sit on the table with batteries inside and switch is in "OFF" position. Suddenly it drives off the table and smoke emits from under cover. I'm sure that the car was off, since i tried to turn it off after i picked it up. Do you have an idea what's going on?
Please understand i don't request any action on your side, just looking for an advice how to avoid this in the future. And as i said earlier, i'm happy with the service Kyosho America provided.
__________________
And now my Scale Models too!
michvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.30, 04:21 PM   #10
arch2b
Moderator
 
arch2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 31,361
Send a message via AIM to arch2b
can we take this support issue off forum via email or another thread? this is not the place for it

the pink paper was likely the req'd warning letter placed in for all those idiots that do all the things that the manual says not to. you would think the manual would be enough but apparently it req'd additional notification? think of it like the 'contents are hot' warning labels that are legally required on coffee cups

i am in no way implying you did anything stupid to cause your fets to fry, just theorizing on the possible reasons why additional instructions were included.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.30, 04:29 PM   #11
michvin
Registered User
 
michvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Brooklyn. Got a problem with that?
Posts: 1,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
can we take this support issue off forum via email or another thread? this is not the place for it

the pink paper was likely the req'd warning letter placed in for all those idiots that do all the things that the manual says not to. you would think the manual would be enough but apparently it req'd additional notification? think of it like the 'contents are hot' warning labels that are legally required on coffee cups

i am in no way implying you did anything stupid to cause your fets to fry, just theorizing on the possible reasons why additional instructions were included.
My bad. This is indeed not a place to discuss it. Sorry
__________________
And now my Scale Models too!
michvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.30, 06:03 PM   #12
arch2b
Moderator
 
arch2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 31,361
Send a message via AIM to arch2b
no problem. i can split the reply out to a new thread if you wish?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.30, 09:25 PM   #13
michvin
Registered User
 
michvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Brooklyn. Got a problem with that?
Posts: 1,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
no problem. i can split the reply out to a new thread if you wish?
no, just delete unappropriate rant. Thanks!
__________________
And now my Scale Models too!
michvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.30, 09:33 PM   #14
arch2b
Moderator
 
arch2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 31,361
Send a message via AIM to arch2b
it's not unimportant or a rant i started a thread for just these types of things http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24098

just doesn't relate to "new parts"

Last edited by arch2b; 2007.01.30 at 09:50 PM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
January 2008, $$$ Product Review Contest! Hammer Competitions and Contests 7 2008.02.08 08:35 AM
GTG for January 2008 svt-racer Mini-ZRacer.com Mini-Z Dojo, Ann Arbor MI 19 2008.01.25 07:07 AM
OLPS Season 5 Race 1 and 2 January 27th, 2008 schmenzer Mini Speedway RC, Milwaukee WI 1 2008.01.24 11:16 PM
January availability - Ann Arbor Get-To-gethers hobbycar Mini-ZRacer.com Mini-Z Dojo, Ann Arbor MI 69 2007.01.12 09:21 PM
January 7, 2006 GTG arch2b Washington DC Area GTG, MD/VA/DC 27 2006.01.10 09:46 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 Mini-ZRacer.com
Mini Inferno Sale - Up to $85 Instant Savings!
Micro-T Hop-Ups
RC18R, M18, Micro RS4, Mini-LST, TamTech-Gear, Minizilla, RC18T, RC18B, RC18MT
shop.tinyrc.com Products

more»
Tiny RC Community News
[11/27/13] shop.tinyrc.com: Holiday... : Hi Racers,
Ready...Set...Save this holiday season!  We're offering deep discounts on all varieties of Kyosho ReadySets, Body & Chassis Sets, Chassis Sets and Chassis & Transmitter - more»
[11/01/12] shop.tinyrc.com: Halloween... : Although Halloween has passed, the ghost of our sale lingers on (but only through Sunday, November 4th). Check out our latest Newsletter and get yourself a new Kyosho MB-010 Buggy for under $200! - more»
[04/09/12] shop.tinyrc.com (Corrected):... : Spring is a great time to take racing from the indoor track to the great outdoors.  What better companion than the Kyosho MB-010 - more»
Mini-Z, Mini-Z Racer, MR-02, MA-010
M18, M18T, RC18T, Mini-LST, Mini-T, Micro RS4, XRay, 1/18, 18th scale
XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
Mini Inferno, Mini Inferno ST, half EIGHT, 1/16, 16th scale
Epoch, Indoor Racer, 1/43, 43rd scale
E-Savage, eSavage, eZilla, e-Zilla, HPI
Robots, Bots, Bipeds, Wheeled, Manoi, Roomba, NXT, Lego, Hacking
Crawling, Crawlers, Micro, RC, Losi Mini-Rock Crawler, Duratrax Cliff Climber
Kyosho Minium, Caliber 120, Minium Forums
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, Mini Inferno Hop-Ups, Mini Inferno Parts, M18 Hop-Ups, M18 Parts