Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.03.02, 04:16 AM   #1
herman

best 1000 nimah batt?

just wondering, can someone plot the performance of 1000mah NiMH AAA Cells from sinister's compilation Data Sheets
(from this thread - http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24438) and find out which comes out on top? thanks...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.02, 04:18 PM   #2
homestar21
is sleepy.

Send a message via AIM to homestar21 Send a message via Yahoo to homestar21
I'd like to know that too. Thanks!

BTW, herman, you're in the Philippines? I visit every year. My family live in Makati, Quezon, and Manila!
homestar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.02, 07:54 PM   #3
herman

hi homestar21...

yep in the phil... active in these forums since nov 2001... hahaha that's been a long time... think i'm the only mini-z nut here...

Quote:
I visit every year. My family live in Makati, Quezon, and Manila!
hmm... big family... when do you usually visit? and where you from? you into mini-z's?
Old 2007.03.03, 05:15 PM   #4
homestar21
is sleepy.

Send a message via AIM to homestar21 Send a message via Yahoo to homestar21
I visit in the summer. My parents were born in the Philippines, but my brother and I were born in the US. I like Mini-Zs, and before mini-Z liked xmods.
homestar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.05, 12:12 AM   #5
herman

email when you can... hmc_jr@yahoo.com
Old 2007.03.05, 12:12 AM   #6
herman

now back on topic... any results?
Old 2007.06.10, 02:20 PM   #7
pinoyboy

Send a message via AIM to pinoyboy Send a message via MSN to pinoyboy Send a message via Yahoo to pinoyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by herman
now back on topic... any results?
I bought a mini z from a guy and he included a brand new set of GP1000s that were never charged. I put them in my lacrosse charger in refresh mode, and all but one was over 1000mah. The other batery was at 993mah.I have not used them on the track yet though.

At first, the data sheets for the Fuji and GP 1000mah batteries have the same specs, but it seems some of the Fuji are usually in the 800-900 range

I think I might buy a couple more GP1000s since all my Intellects are well below 750mah. I'll break them in on my lacrosse and see if they exceed 1000mah too.
Old 2007.06.11, 03:01 AM   #8
Flashsp-2
motor guru

The only 1000s I have still are my old GP, but they are pretty beat (all peak below 800mAh). The best I have seen so far are the Eneloops I have, they all peaked over 900 and the voltage range was from 1.52 to 1.54. These are definitely my new favorites, even if they are a bit pricy. All this info was gathered on my BC900.

Available at www.Maine-iac-motors-rc.com
Flashsp-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.11, 07:09 AM   #9
GrfxDan
RacerTag: Drinian

Send a message via AIM to GrfxDan Send a message via MSN to GrfxDan Send a message via Yahoo to GrfxDan
Were do you buy GP 1000mah batteries?
Old 2007.06.11, 07:46 AM   #10
Flashsp-2
motor guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrfxDan
Were do you buy GP 1000mah batteries?
RCstation, but I don't know if they carry them anymore, I haven't checked in a while. I don't use mine any more, they are more than a year old, and I prefer the Intellects and Eneloops anyway...

Available at www.Maine-iac-motors-rc.com
Flashsp-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.11, 12:19 PM   #11
pinoyboy

Send a message via AIM to pinoyboy Send a message via MSN to pinoyboy Send a message via Yahoo to pinoyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashsp-2
RCstation, but I don't know if they carry them anymore, I haven't checked in a while. I don't use mine any more, they are more than a year old, and I prefer the Intellects and Eneloops anyway...
I haven't tried eneloops, but I did try Rayovac hybrids. They were all within their rated capacity and even voltages of over 1.5 after break in. However, when on the track, they were very flat.

If eneloops and intellects are the same in performance, I think intellects would be the way to go since they're much cheaper
Old 2007.06.11, 12:48 PM   #12
GrfxDan

Send a message via AIM to GrfxDan Send a message via MSN to GrfxDan Send a message via Yahoo to GrfxDan
I've been using Intellects for some time now (several months) and they have much more punch than any other battery I've tried. I have not tried Eneloops or GPs so I'm curious how they compare.
Old 2007.06.13, 09:06 PM   #13
TheRinger
THATS HOW I ROLL

I've been using duracell 900 and 1000 mah aaa batteries and they work great. I personally have not tried many other batteries but I never had a need to because the duracells work great, though I'm really curious how the GP 1100's do. With the duracells even with the 900mah that I had for over a year still come out at 1000 or more, and some of my 1000 mah batteries have charged to 1300 mah. And the longest run time I've got out of them is 45 minutes and its a slow discharge and they don't just die after a few minutes of run time. I always hear that intellects are a good battery and have great punch but don't last long. Is that true?
TheRinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.13, 09:18 PM   #14
GrfxDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRinger
I always hear that intellects are a good battery and have great punch but don't last long. Is that true?
I get about 20-25 minutes of run time from my Intellects, but what I like the most is that they pack more punch than any other battery I've tried and there's virtually no noticeable drop for about the first 10 minutes of run time. I haven't paid much attention to what mah they charge to, I'm more interested in practical performance. An added bonus is that Intellects are very inexpensive.

I really like Intellects, but if there's something better out there I want to know about it.
Old 2007.06.13, 10:11 PM   #15
TheRinger
THATS HOW I ROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrfxDan
I get about 20-25 minutes of run time from my Intellects, but what I like the most is that they pack more punch than any other battery I've tried and there's virtually no noticeable drop for about the first 10 minutes of run time. I haven't paid much attention to what mah they charge to, I'm more interested in practical performance. An added bonus is that Intellects are very inexpensive.

I really like Intellects, but if there's something better out there I want to know about it.
I don't know of whats better when it comes to different batteries, the guys I race with use intellect batteries and they say they got the most punch but have a noticeable drop after 8 to 10 minutes, though I guess that doesn't matter when racing hfay I want to know that the batteries will keep that charge for longer and the duracells do just that. They have very little drop over a period of racing to the point that U can adjust to it very quickly and doesn't ruin your driving and have a good amount of power. But based on what U and other people say about intellects I think I'm going to buy a couple of sets and try them out. I've only been racing mini z's for a little over a year now and haven't got around to trying abunch of different batteries, the only ones I've tried so far is GP 700's, well used energizer 850 and 900's and radio shack 700's and I like the duracells the best by far. I would definetly recommend them.
TheRinger is offline   Reply With Quote