Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.08.31, 04:28 PM   #1
ByronF1
ByronF1

Smile Is it posible to organize other series, for clubs

Hi, one that many clubs with 4 Ls, can participate, maybe to start on january to prepare on. To run tracks like the Regionals from PN or Atomic....
Old 2007.08.31, 04:50 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
there are threads on this already. imx in particular has been the major champion for a parallel series for atleast 3 wide l's.

there is also ongoing discussion about creating a series that shadows events like the pn world cup.

fyi, there is also a push for an f1 categorey
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.31, 07:42 PM   #3
imxlr8ed

We'd be willing, and I'm certain Stafford UK would be as well. We have discussed in the past, but never really came together on it. I would like to suggest a simple set of rules for 3 classes of racers, F1, Stock F1, Mod. I'll dig around and see if I can find that old thread... I think I had some rules on there.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.31, 07:51 PM   #4
imxlr8ed

Here's the track we used for our last one...

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/att...chmentid=21322

BUT...

The more I think about it... I keep getting this idea that there might be a more interesting way to gain attendance to these events, and not put so much emphasis on what layouts, but more on what classes.

I'll explain... Brian will love this.

What if we had a spot where any track could conform to a large event being run elsewhere on their own? Example... DCGTG is going to be holding an endurance race very soon... what if they could post the layout and event rules on the HFAY site, in a standardized fashion? We could do this for almost any large track event we hold. Not only that, but other outside HFAY events as well. We could re-produce tracks from all over to see how we stack up to anyone. If the layout of Atomic World Cup race was posted before the event was held, you could set it up and run right with them.

So basically... any event could be duplicated if the club desires to do it.

BUT... (thinking out loud here)

It would probably be easier to just have standard rules to our own classes, and if a club feels like setting up a track, and conforming to those standard rules... they can schedule when they are going to run that race on HFAY's site, and other clubs could post that they are going to participate.

All of these events will just be for fun... no points, just run and compare!

I would suggest the following rules for simplicity reasons:

Stock class

Any MR01, MR015, MR02, MA010 chassis
Stock 3010 or 3004 ESC (no AD Bands)
Rubber tires
AAA nimh batteries
Any motor
Any Autoscale body only

F1 Class

Kyosho F1 chassis only
Stock 3010 or 3004 ESC (no AD Bands)
Rubber tires
AAA nimh batteries
Any motor
Any Autoscale body only

Mod Class

Rubber tires
AAA nimh batteries
Autoscales, PN or Atomic Pan car bodies only
Rest is anything goes!

I guess I should have put this on the Judges forum first, but this would seem to be as good a place as any to gauge interest from other racers.

Hope to hear some feedback on this!

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2007.08.31 at 08:18 PM.
Old 2007.08.31, 10:06 PM   #5
svt-racer

Well, if you read the original post, it mentions a different series. Hard to have a race series without points. What would be the point without them? If you ever form a series, and wish to have plenty of participants interested, I would strongly suggest like some of you already did, make a simple set of rules that include race drops .

You could make the series a lot more fun if you focus on getting different car categories competing on same layouts. You can all compete against each other and see who can be the fastest instead of focusing on how committed are you in the series. Make it a lot more fun!
svt-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.31, 10:07 PM   #6
arch2b

i'm all for all 3 classes but especially f1. we all have mod cars in dc so it would be nice to use all of our cars in class style racing though.

you have my vote for certain
Old 2007.08.31, 11:26 PM   #7
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
I would like to see an open 3 L series, a lot of places have aquired larger space to race the last few years... should be at least 6 clubs that can do it...

If it gets opened up to were my Mix would be allowed (open class etc) then I guess I will have to hurry things up eh?
Old 2007.08.31, 11:59 PM   #8
imxlr8ed

We've discussed a large layout point series before, but it seemed that many clubs just wouldn't have the time with their current schedules. But if more clubs are for it now...maybe it would work.

So... Short and Long track series in HFAY... or is that too much?

I know the initial concept put us at 2 Wide "L"s for affordability and club space reasons... but maybe some would make the jump? The 2 track system is working though.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2007.09.28, 06:06 PM   #9
ByronF1
ByronF1

Or maybe to start something to see how many clubs can do it, maybe witout points at the begining, it will be interesting to see other racers times on a same track...
Old 2007.09.30, 08:17 AM   #10
gasman1

Send a message via AIM to gasman1
IMX and myself have talked about this at length. I don't remember a long track series with points discussed but rather a sort of cyber one day gtg without the travel for clubs to race each other . No points or prizes no arguing over anything. I believe Arch will confirm that this format for our gtgs have worked out well in the past.

The hosting club can set the layout and basically set the the stock and F1 must have a maximum of 3010 fets and any motor may used that will not blow up the board. Mod class is anything goes. Rubber tires and Autoscale bodies required. Chassis may be any 1/28 scale.

We run this way at all our gtgs and every club race. We have great racing and no problems. No arguing over rules and maximum fun.
Old 2007.09.30, 08:27 AM   #11
arch2b

gasman, is spot on we've done this and it works well
Old 2007.10.05, 09:49 AM   #12
Hood
Corvette Killer

I would like to help make this a reality..

Our AZGT series is ending at the end of October. We are talking about running Stock, AWD, and F1. No mod races here yet, but we could always have that class also..

Our rules already allow any motor that doesn't fry a 3010 fet. And all of the other rules look good. I was thinking about running this as a six race series in one direction every other month. This would give the clubs more time to schedule a big race and get it run..

I guess the most important part is what clubs would be willing to run such an event? How much track everyone has? How much space to set it up (9x23 tiles looks like a good size)? So we can design tracks that work for everyone..

I would love to see the tracks with wide radius and blanks for some more diverse designs, but lets hear from the other clubs about what track tiles they have, space for setup, time and desire to do this, and what everyone thinks about doing this.

We could start in January to give everyone some time to get things in order..
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.05, 10:45 AM   #13
briankstan
HFAY Director

I would like to do it, but we would need some sort of official format. I would need to add the tracks, a website section for it. then the whole tracking, sorting and posting times.

if there isn't a set schedule it becomes a real burden on the little free time I have for managing it.

as far as racing goes. the Salt Lake Mini-Z club would love to participate and we have more than enought track to setup just about any track.

here is my current list of tracks

5 wide L's
1 nascar Oval track
2 45* kits
1 wide expansion kit
6 wide inside corners
Old 2007.10.05, 11:10 AM   #14
Hood
Corvette Killer

Brian,

I would be glad to help anyway that I can. I was thinking about modifying the AZGT schedule and run every other month. I sent an email to DW about this also, I think he can help formulate a good set of guidlines for all the clubs to follow. You can see his Sporting Regulations for our different classes in the Mini-AZ forum.. We currently have them for Stock, AWD, and F1.

I can always post these results to my website if you wish, or tabulate all the scores and send you a nice layout to post on HFAY.. I just know we have been talking about a bigtrack series and would like to make it a reality.. Not that the small tracks aren't fun..

I guess I get bored racing for second place in our AZGT series with Brad winning every event this year.. At least I could race for second against a much larger field.. :} I did not beat him in any single race this year HFAY or AZGT. He even took his car off the track for a steering problem in one event and came back to get his laps back and beat me, and most everyone else in the World..

Thanks for bringing this format to Mini-Zs. I know it is a thankless job, but it has really made it alot of fun for everyone.
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.05, 12:11 PM   #15
arch2b

in all fairness, ed has been pushing for this for a LONG time. i'm sure plenty of useful information can already be found in existing threads.