Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > Washington DC Area GTG, MD/VA/DC

View Poll Results: Who wants to do a Compact class race
Yes 8 100.00%
No 0 0%
Should it be 2 heats and a main 5 62.50%
Should it be an endurance race 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008.03.31, 09:30 PM   #1
TheRinger
THATS HOW I ROLL

Compact class race or enduro

How about a compact class race or enduro? Same rules as before.

Must be a 1/28 scale chassis that can fit a autoscale body.
No motor, receiver, or fet limit.
The following autoscale bodies are for this race

Honda Fit
Toyota Vitz
Mini Cooper
VW Golf GTI
VW Golf R32
VW New Beetle
Lancia Delta Integrale

Of coarse if I missed any autoscale bodies that are compact please speak up. For instance I was thinking of adding the AE86 corolla and chrysler PT cruiser to the list but I thought this might be a problem but not sure, so what do all think?
TheRinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.31, 09:39 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
can these be done without a hm motor pod? i actually have one but i doubt many others do.

i've already got a vitz, beetle, cooper and old school lancia

i don't think all of these need to be endurance races but having run these enough, short mains just aren't as fun anymore. i'm more comfortable with 15-20 minute mains which is what a good set of cell should get you thru. what do you guys think?

Last edited by arch2b; 2008.03.31 at 09:42 PM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.31, 10:05 PM   #3
TheRinger
THATS HOW I ROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
can these be done without a hm motor pod? i actually have one but i doubt many others do.

i've already got a vitz, beetle, cooper and old school lancia

i don't think all of these need to be endurance races but having run these enough, short mains just aren't as fun anymore. i'm more comfortable with 15-20 minute mains which is what a good set of cell should get you thru. what do you guys think?
None of those bodies will except anything but a high mount pod with the exception of either one of the VW golf's which is classified and sold as a high mount car but is 94mm so U should be able to fit an ML mount. But knowing this would be a problem I was wanting to add both the AE86 corolla and the chrysler PT cruiser since they are rear mounts but I know some people would consider this a problem but I'm not sure so I thought I'd bring it up to run it by everybody to see if these 2 bodies should be allowed. Yes I agree on having long mains but I also made the pole multiple choice so vote for what U want. As far as high mount pods arch I can lend U one if U want. I got both kyosho stock and atomic high mount motor pods so let me know. I personally thought this was a doable race since I know half of us have mini cooper bodies. High mount motor pods don't cost that much and are not that hard to find.(I got my stock kyosho HM pod at hobbyworks and my atomic alloy motor pod here at the shop) Sorry I don't mean to come across harsh, I had a really bad 2 weeks.
Old 2008.03.31, 10:13 PM   #4
soulstice

I think this event would be fun. It'd be pandemonium with cars tipping over and stuff but i think it adds to it rather than detracts.

I think the car choices you've made are fine. It might even be okay to do just one body like a cooper if everyone has one.
Old 2008.03.31, 10:32 PM   #5
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

You might include the Vauxhall Astra and Subaru Impreza in that group.

Soulstice- We're running an All Wheel Drive only series here at Mini-AZ (The Timex ATM) which requires the taller body, shorter wheel base shells. In testing everyone was rolling and flipping out of the track, it was clown-cars. But when opening day came, game faces went on and the carefully tuned cars performed well with nary a flip. In fact, this series is providing the closest lap-to-lap competition for us. Great fun!

(Hey, there's a class- Clown Car only bodies )

Last edited by Dusty Weasle; 2008.03.31 at 10:36 PM.
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.31, 10:42 PM   #6
herman

Quote:
(Hey, there's a class- Clown Car only bodies )
still have my old martha...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showth...ghlight=martha
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.01, 07:39 AM   #7
arch2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRinger
...As far as high mount pods arch I can lend U one if U want. I got both kyosho stock and atomic high mount motor pods so let me know. I personally thought this was a doable race since I know half of us have mini cooper bodies. High mount motor pods don't cost that much and are not that hard to find.(I got my stock kyosho HM pod at hobbyworks and my atomic alloy motor pod here at the shop) Sorry I don't mean to come across harsh, I had a really bad 2 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
...i actually have one but i doubt many others do.
i agree, $6 for a race is not an unreasonable request. it would make it easier is all, if you could sneak a mm under some of the bodies though as most of you guys already run mm. i should know but i don't dabble in mm much.

not harsh at all... i greatly appreciate your enthusiasim for these types of races as they have been very popular and worked well. i personally look forward to these very much. no matter the body choice, i agree with soulstice, it only adds to the race vs. taking away from it.

perhaps short heats with longer mains and bump ups and/or limit the number of cars per heat?
Old 2008.04.01, 09:11 AM   #8
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

I think it's a great idea, but if you don't limit it to HM, it kind of short changes anyone who does run HM, because they will have far less chance of a fair race. For example, I'd love to run my mini cooper with a HM, but if anyone is running an AE86 on MM, there will be no contest.

Just my $0.02
soyverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.01, 09:47 AM   #9
imxlr8ed

There's 2 Focus cars out there, and the S2000 too... and maybe the MR2 and the 206s as well.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.01, 09:58 AM   #10
arch2b

can be as simple as making it a hm body only. this cuts the choices down a bit as well.
Old 2008.04.01, 04:48 PM   #11
VAzRACER
Team Reflex

Well looks like I'm goiing to have a custom painted mini cooper soon, I like the idea of a HM race, but it should be limited to HM bodies only. If there are people opposed to running HM maybe limit wheelbase to 90mm or something....
VAzRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.01, 06:19 PM   #12
TALLGEESE
Dreamcrusher

A High-Mount only class race sounds like fun.. Maybe we could setup a lower speed, technical track layout for this race to reduce the amount of flipping..
TALLGEESE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.03, 09:05 PM   #13
TheRinger
THATS HOW I ROLL

Would everyone perfer to make this a HM only race? I have race a couple of RM bodies with a HM pod, for instance I used a HM pod with a porsche 934 and 935 bodies. And with a stock kyosho HM pod kit U can use it with 86, 90, and 94mm bodies. I also tried a HM pod with the AE86. I haven't tried the atomic motor pod with other than 90mm. Or should it just be limited to HM bodies?
Old 2008.04.04, 08:17 AM   #14
soulstice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRinger View Post
Would everyone perfer to make this a HM only race? I have race a couple of RM bodies with a HM pod, for instance I used a HM pod with a porsche 934 and 935 bodies. And with a stock kyosho HM pod kit U can use it with 86, 90, and 94mm bodies. I also tried a HM pod with the AE86. I haven't tried the atomic motor pod with other than 90mm. Or should it just be limited to HM bodies?
i think it should be both HM bodies and the HM mount to make it more of a challenge since that will force you to drive a little differently. I think the wheelbase should be limited to 86 or 90.
Old 2008.04.04, 10:44 AM   #15
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

How about HM with any motor but stock gearing...meaning 6t pinion for most of us or whatever the equivalent 64 pitch gearing is.

I would be interested in doing longer mains. Maybe not enduro but 10-20 minutes.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote