Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.05.01, 12:49 PM   #1
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

New rules for MR-015 class at Maj's Hobby Shop

New rules for MR-015 class

1) you can use any MR-015 body, except for the CR5Corvette, and Ferrari 360 Moderna. Also, you cannot use any MR-015 body that will fit an MR02 chassis without modification.

2) Chassis wheel base has to match auto scale body wheel base (ex. if you have a 94mm body your chassis must be 94mm, if you have 98mm body your chassis must be 98mm and so on...), you can use any after market upgrades for the chassis has long has its does not interfere with the rules

3) Must use a speedy 05 motor, later we may consider using the new pn pnwc stock motor for this class if everyone is ok with it.

4) Stock AM PCB, (3004 or 3010 fets, only 1x1, basicaly stock), any transmitter

5) You can remove some plastic that is not visable from outside. You can remove part of windows as long as its not noticable from outside.

6) No lexan window replacement. No dremelling of body to allow wider tire offsets. Basically try to leave the body looking stock from the outside

7) Rubber tires only, no foams, no traction compound.

I thinks this class is going to be fun.
Later

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to my Videos http://www.youtube.com/SlipAngleChaser

Last edited by Cherub1m; 2008.05.05 at 08:11 AM.
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.01, 10:24 PM   #2
herman

Quote:
1) you can use any MR-015 body, except for the CR5 Corvette, and Ferrari 360 Moderna.
hmmm... just wondering why?

the cr5 and 360 first came out on a mr01 chassis... so i don't see why this will be dissallowed on the mr015...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.01, 10:39 PM   #3
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I agree that they should not be permitted. As well as the NSX and F40. These bodies, if produced today, would be fit for the MR02 to use. The new F40 is labeled for the MR02, I dont know why they labeled the newer C5R for the MR015 as it should have been for the MR02.

At Action, we cannot use any body that will fit an MR02 without modification. As this would be bodies that could only use the MR015. The rule was put into place to allow people to run bodies that look good, but would not be practical for racing in a stock class.
Old 2008.05.03, 08:32 AM   #4
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
hmmm... just wondering why?

the cr5 and 360 first came out on a mr01 chassis... so i don't see why this will be dissallowed on the mr015...
Herman

Another reason, everyone would run the CR5, or the 360 moderna, because these bodies are the only 94mm 015 bodies you can run a very wide off-set front and rear, making them very stable. While with the other 94mm 015 bodies you cant have that wide of an off set. Some of the 90mm and 86 have a wider off-set but you have to run a rear mount and deal with a much shorter wheel base. Some wondered about the Lambo. JOTA SVR I not worried about that one cause it has such a narrow front off-set and a very wide rear off-set, with that kind of tricycle effect, one thing is for sure thing for; increased flipping with an 015 chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
I agree that they should not be permitted. As well as the NSX and F40. These bodies, if produced today, would be fit for the MR02 to use. The new F40 is labeled for the MR02, I dont know why they labeled the newer C5R for the MR015 as it should have been for the MR02.

At Action, we cannot use any body that will fit an MR02 without modification. As this would be bodies that could only use the MR015. The rule was put into place to allow people to run bodies that look good, but would not be practical for racing in a stock class.
Eugene

Yeah i did not include the F-40 and NSX (in the illegal list) because I believe now they are labled for the MR-02.

I did get a Nissan 350z to run for the 015 class . Its not hooking up like yours yet, but I am working on it.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Cherub1m; 2008.05.03 at 08:38 AM.
Old 2008.05.03, 11:16 AM   #5
bermbuster
GF Racing

i have a lot of 015 bodies....now which one will I try first....
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.03, 02:20 PM   #6
rc100722
RICE AND BEANS MOTORSPORT

the new 300c is a good b/c its the only 98mm body for 015
rc100722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.04, 01:12 AM   #7
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I tried the Jota today. Set it up for Magic to drive. It works quite well. I had it set up with 1N/3N wheels. Magic changed it to 3W It isnt as nimble as my 350z, but drives well. My 350z is still breaking in its new front tires so it will take a little while until it is back up to speed. Maybe I should try a different type of tire that doesnt need as long of a break in. The track at Action has much less wear on the tires compared to what it used to, I used to break in these tires in a race night, right now the tires barely look worn at all. I might have to do it with sandpaper. The layouts havent been good for the way my 015 is setup, it likes faster corners, since I have it geared up quite high and I dont have much low end punch.

The 300C is a good body. I think I won an Action 015 championship with mine... I know I won the first NYC Championship 015 class with it last year... I need to get my car back to the front of the pack. I lost one race last points series, coming in 2nd to Roland. This point series I have only won 2 out of 5. I think I am going to give up F1 and possibly Nascar to get my main 3 classes in order. 02 stock, 015, and Mod 02. So I can prepare for the NYC Chamipionship race.

I do like that you are restricting the wheelbase to the bodies true wheelbase. Although, I have found that running some shorter bodies on the longer wheelbase, doesnt turn out too well since there is very little rear overhang to balance the bodies weight.

015 really is my favorite class to race. Followed closely by 02 mod, then 02. I had the lead in all 3 of those classes tonight, for a while... but it slipped away in all three.
Old 2008.05.04, 01:25 PM   #8
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc100722 View Post
the new 300c is a good b/c its the only 98mm body for 015
I got one and Im planning on trying it.....
I just need to figure out my tire selection.....
Old 2008.05.04, 07:16 PM   #9
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub1m View Post
New rules for MR-015 class

1) you can use any MR-015 body, except for the CR5Corvette, and Ferrari 360 Moderna. Also, you cannot use any MR-015 body that will fit an MR02 chassis without modification.

2) Chassis wheel base has to match auto scale body wheel base (ex. if you have a 94mm body your chassis must be 94mm, if you have 98mm body your chassis must be 98mm and so on...), you can use any after market upgrades for the chassis has long has its does not interfere with the rules

3) Must use a speedy 05 motor, later we may consider using the new pn pnwc stock motor for this class if everyone is ok with it.

4) Stock AM PCB, (3004 or 3010 fets, only 1x1, basicaly stock), any transmitter

5) You can remove some plastic that is not visable from outside. You can remove part of windows as long as its not noticable from outside.

6) No lexan window replacement. No dremelling of body to allow wider tire offsets. Basically try to leave the body looking stock from the outside

7) Rubber tires only, no foams, no traction compound.

I thinks this class is going to be fun.
Later
Addition to rule # 1. Basicaly, you cannot use any MR-015 body that will fit an MR02 chassis without modification.

Last edited by Cherub1m; 2008.05.05 at 08:12 AM.
Old 2008.05.12, 07:31 PM   #10
jshemi
Toxic Racing

Hey George I'm almost finished with my 01-5 just need tires and rims. So if you still have that body for me that wpuld be great! Because thier hard to get Thanks alot!! George!! I'll see you thursday?
jshemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.13, 03:14 AM   #11
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshemi View Post
Hey George I'm almost finished with my 01-5 just need tires and rims. So if you still have that body for me that wpuld be great! Because thier hard to get Thanks alot!! George!! I'll see you thursday?
Im in California Jimmy...I got the body for you....I will not make it this thursday...
Old 2008.05.13, 07:18 AM   #12
Slubben
Practice Is For Wimps

Jimmy if you need a body to run on Thursday I got a couple so you can use one.
PBR Racing Team Driver #1

Don't Make Me Cut You!

I Was Born With The God Given Ability To Be Mediocre

MAJ'S HOBBY SHOP
Mini-Z RACING EVERY Fri at 7 PM.
Slubben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.15, 01:52 PM   #13
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Maj and Sean brought to my attention the VW GTI and VW R32. The GTI is a MR015 body and the R32 is a MA10 body, both bodies are almost identical and dont offer any advantages, except the MA10 body you wont be able to use the wheels that come with the body, because they are for the AWD. In short you can use either one for the MR015 class.

Note: No other MA10 body has been accepted in this class except the R32 only. That was for those that like to stretch the rules a bit.

Old 2008.05.16, 07:30 AM   #14
bermbuster
GF Racing

now that the smoke has cleared from last nights racing....
what happened in the 015 class???
Old 2008.05.16, 08:58 AM   #15
Slubben
Practice Is For Wimps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermbuster View Post
now that the smoke has cleared from last nights racing....
what happened in the 015 class???
The 015 Class was A LOT of fun. Ended up having six cars in the A-Main. Can't wait till we are all running the same motor. As always there was a battle between Sai and Maj followed by "Flipper" Vicent, myself, Pete and RC. Two VWs bodies, Two 350zs, a Porsche and a 300. Jimmy's car wasn't ready for this week's race but he finally was able to take it around the track!!
PBR Racing Team Driver #1

Don't Make Me Cut You!

I Was Born With The God Given Ability To Be Mediocre

MAJ'S HOBBY SHOP
Mini-Z RACING EVERY Fri at 7 PM.
Slubben is offline   Reply With Quote