Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.08.18, 04:48 PM   #1
oopster
www.sldmodels.co.uk

Send a message via AIM to oopster Send a message via Yahoo to oopster
Gpm

Hi all, I can still get my trade stuff through Cain at RCMi and he's putting an order into GPM Hong Kong on Wednesday, so I need to know if anyone wants anything, and / or, what I should get. I know I asked about tyres on sunday, but my brain wasn't upto full speed

Been to see the two possible shops in Wolves today too. The one in Heathtown is absolutely huge and on two levels. The one at Ettinhall isn't even half as big, but is still pretty big. I now don't know which shop to go for, and it all hangs on the finer details being worked out as to which one I take if any. I have heard that "mugging" appears to be the local past-time in Heathtown, which is a little worrying if true.
oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.18, 06:40 PM   #2
kryten

Send a message via MSN to kryten
Personally i'd go for PN or ATM tyres over GPM.I do have a long standing order with Cain for an alloy rear gearbox casing in blue for the monster,you can remind him of that!
kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.19, 11:51 AM   #3
Neomax
UK, Stafford Mini Z Racer

Send a message via AIM to Neomax
About the GPM, nothing at the moment thanks!

About the shop, well let me put it like this, if you had a shop in Ettingshall i would be very happy to go there for parts, but, on the other hand, if you had a shop in Heathtown, i wouldn't even get out of my car! Muggings are the least of your troubles there.
Serious, there is something of a gang problem there and any right-minded self assured person would not go there unless ABSOLUTLY necessary. And i can't think of anything THAT necessary that i wouldn't rather drive to scotland for!
All jokes aside i'd stay well away from Heathtown.
Neomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.20, 07:17 PM   #4
oopster
www.sldmodels.co.uk

You're not the only one to say that. It's a shame really, as there's masses of space both up and down stairs, but apart from the gang stuff going on, it's too far away from the car park to be able to take thing to and from the shop / car. The other is smaller, and needs some work to tidy it up a bit, but it's also got a Booker warehouse literally round the corner.

Latest on the shop though, I won't be in there for 6-8 weeks though, so chances are, an opening date will be late November / early December. Sam's going into hospital in London in November making opening then a little silly as I'd be open a week to be shut for two.
Old 2008.08.21, 10:28 AM   #5
Programmers
iTomCash

My dad has worked in Heathtown for over 20 years and still does. He knows how bad it is and probably would seriously recommend against it.

Did I hear you say they were similar prices? If so, then why do you think that is? Heathtown is twice as big but only the same price... It would be too good to be true, and is.

Not to mention the local community would rather steal your stuff than buy it.
Programmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.27, 01:24 PM   #6
oopster
www.sldmodels.co.uk

I'm not bothering with either now. There we're too many hoops to jump through, and they we're just piling cost upon cost. I'm just going to do it from home and be a bit clever about how I do things. I'm getting some Atomic battery cases soon if anyone wants one.
Old 2008.09.06, 11:35 AM   #7
kryten

Send a message via MSN to kryten
Did you manage to talk to Cain? did he say when he was expecting to get the order in?
kryten is offline   Reply With Quote