Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.04.09, 03:50 PM   #1
color01

MRCG Spare Parts (Announcement)

Good news for MRCG enthusiasts!

PN is currently making the long-awaited spare tierods and flex plates for the MRCG. They are of an updated design which will actually improve further upon the handling precision of the car. In addition, there will be a pair of optional rear steer spacers available that will give the car more corner speed than ever, as well as serving as a battery brace. So look out for these in the coming months!

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.09, 05:41 PM   #2
skyler

MRCG spare parts

That's awesome news Brian!
skyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.22, 03:18 AM   #3
skyler

MRCG Spare Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by color01 View Post
Good news for MRCG enthusiasts!

PN is currently making the long-awaited spare tierods and flex plates for the MRCG. They are of an updated design which will actually improve further upon the handling precision of the car. In addition, there will be a pair of optional rear steer spacers available that will give the car more corner speed than ever, as well as serving as a battery brace. So look out for these in the coming months!
Hi Brian, Can you give us any idea what these parts will look like and an estimate on availability? Thanks.
Old 2009.04.22, 04:25 AM   #4
color01

Well I got some of the parts today:

Tierod:

Flex plate and rear steer spacers:

I can't give a sure date regarding availability, as I would like to get some proper packaging for them before we sell (unlike the ball-linkage adapters I rushed to get to the Shop). But in any case, they're here and will be available ASAP.

Greyscale RC

Last edited by color01; 2009.04.22 at 06:31 PM.
Old 2009.04.22, 06:11 AM   #5
MINIz guy11
Hibernation ON!

Send a message via AIM to MINIz guy11 Send a message via MSN to MINIz guy11 Send a message via Yahoo to MINIz guy11
Very cool! Now . . . when are you going to release the next chassis for the folks that weren't able to get a MRCG?
Old 2009.04.22, 07:09 AM   #6
mk2kompressor
at the Bleeding Edge

i still have a few silver kits in stock for those that cant get one
HFAY S9 F1 Winner
Sinister V1
MRCG Prototype
MRCG 1.0
The uk's premier shop for mini-z
Bleeding Edge Racing UK
mk2kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.22, 02:25 PM   #7
skyler

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by color01 View Post
Well I got some of the parts today:

Tierod:

(image)

Flex plate and rear steer spacers:

(image)

I can't give a sure date regarding availability, as I would like to get some proper packaging for them before we sell (unlike the ball-linkage adapters I rushed to get to the Shop). But in any case, they're here and will be available ASAP.
Thanks Brian. Great car & great public relations!

Last edited by color01; 2009.04.22 at 06:30 PM.
Old 2009.04.22, 09:03 PM   #8
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Are the aluminum battery hold downs as shown on the PN kit available for purchase? It would save me a little time making them...
pedrocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.23, 01:05 AM   #9
color01

Unfortunately we have no spares of those parts, sorry...

Greyscale RC

Old 2009.04.23, 09:00 AM   #10
Felix2010

Brian,

The MRCG keeps getting better and better with time Very nice job.

I see the chassis in the pics have the original aluminum piece with the "slot" for the servo horn to be placed in. I liked the mod you have with the ball joint on the servo horn a lot, for precision and durability. Is there going to be an official upgrade for this steering modification?
One particular servo/steering setup I like is the one found on the P28 and other 1/18 and larger scale chassises, consisting of a single "W" wire connected in the middle to the top of the servo horn and then to the knuckles on each end. I am not well-versed in these custom chassis - Is a steering modification like this possible for the MRCG? I am just curious.

Great job on your chassis & Congrats on your success !

Best Regards,
- Lawrence
Felix2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.23, 07:42 PM   #11
color01

Thanks Lawrence! The steering setup on the chassis in the pictures is the standard version just because I haven't bothered to transfer my ball-linkage setup to it yet.

The "official" ball-linkage setup is available here, but it's only the fiberglass adapter: http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=19694 But you'll have to source your own ball linkages (I made mine out of an Atomic RM DPSII shock) to use that adapter.

The standard slot setup is actually really precise as is, because I managed to source a nylon tubing that goes inside it that's exactly the right size. It just requires a very stiff servo horn to work properly, and unfortunately micro servos almost never come with sturdy horns. Thus Pchan0 and MK2kompressor showed how to reinforce your servo horns with a strip of CF. I bought a new S3114 with an 18th scale servo saver to see if it will be stiff enough to make the standard tierod configuration work better.

The Corally-style steering setup that you find on the P28, and some 1/12 cars, is possible on the MRCG if you turn the servo around (orient it with the horn facing forwards) and then offset its position in the chassis. You have to cut one of the lower L-arms to make space for the servo; there is a square on the L-arm where you should make the cut, and an extra screw hole you then use to mount the shortened L-arm. Then you have to find your own steering links (the ones from the P28 should work) and install them the same way you would do so on the P28.

^ This doesn't seem to be a popular modification so far, but you can definitely try it if you have the right steering links. Davey G turned the servo around on his MRCG but he's still using a modified ball-linkage adapter on the standard tierod.

Greyscale RC

Old 2009.05.02, 12:03 PM   #12
skyler

MRCG Replacement Parts

Any closer to finding packaging?
Old 2009.05.02, 03:26 PM   #13
color01

Unfortunately not. I'm a college student after all so when midterm exams hit, my schedule gets pretty nuts.

I know where to get them though, it's just a matter of buying it, having it shipped to Kenon and then me finding time to go over there and put stuff together. That last step is the hardest one to make time for as it can take up my entire Saturday.

As soon as I deal with my last two exams I'll give PN a call and make some arrangements, sound good?

Greyscale RC

Old 2009.05.02, 03:38 PM   #14
skyler

MRCG Spare Parts

Yes, Thanks.