Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.11.28, 03:53 PM   #1
will3kgt

10th Anniversary Mini-Z Questionaire

Well, It's been 10 years of Mini-Zs, man how time flies. Mini-Zs have been a big part of my life, like other on this site. So I've made a questionaire.

When did you get your 1st Z?

What was your 1st hop up part, and which hop up part made the biggest difference in your Z?

What was your 1st Autoscale, how many do you have (approx. Arch.),and which is your favorite?

How did you do in your 1st race? (HFAY or otherwise.)

Your best Mini-Z moment?

Thanks for your participation guys.
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.28, 04:06 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
2001, toyota vitz readyset, mr-01

What was your 1st hop up part, and which hop up part made the biggest difference in your Z?
first ever hop up order was with the shop here for square ball bearings, square wheels, gpm lock nuts, gpm mono rear shock, gpm battery clips

What was your 1st Autoscale, how many do you have (approx. Arch.),and which is your favorite?
toyota altezza and au supra where the first autoscales i bought. i've likely had several hundred autoscales. i currently only have about a dozen autoscales.

2004 mini-z cup regionals in Virginia and Ohio, finished in about the same position i finish in races now. i enjoy the experience more than the position i end up in.

Your best Mini-Z moment?
making all those overland custom parts, painting all those custom bodies, starting the dc gtg club in my basement, years of building friendships with fellow forum members, racing with my kids, just too much time to cover...

Thanks for your participation guys.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by arch2b; 2009.11.28 at 09:38 PM.
arch2b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.28, 05:25 PM   #3
color01

April 2005 - MR02 AM Chassis kit

Stainless steel kingpins; stainless steel kingpins.

Silver McLaren F1 LM, I now have four (McL, SC430, GT-R GT500, FC3S) and my fave has to be the SC430.

C-main 3rd place!

Your best Mini-Z moment?
Winning my first race with the prototype MRCG

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.28, 06:24 PM   #4
MINIz guy11
Hibernation ON!

Send a message via AIM to MINIz guy11 Send a message via MSN to MINIz guy11 Send a message via Yahoo to MINIz guy11
When did you get your 1st Z? I believe it was 2004 and I got a Toyota Harrier Overland which the shop took away the body to switch is a #201 Pajero. I also got a Monster.

What was your 1st hop up part, and which hop up part made the biggest difference in your Z? I got a light kit for the Overland. Bearings made the biggest difference though.

What was your 1st Autoscale, how many do you have (approx. Arch.),and which is your favorite? I guess my #201 Pajero was my first one, since it replaced the original Harrier. Otherwise, I got an Enzo to replace my Ford GT I got 2 years later.

How did you do in your 1st race? (HFAY or otherwise.) I was only 11 when I joined to find a racing place (hence the screenname). I was no nervous I barely made it around the track.

Your best Mini-Z moment? Everytime I start racing again. The relearning curve is amazing, from crashing every few laps to going consistently for 10+ laps at a time.

Thanks for your participation guys.
Old 2009.11.28, 06:31 PM   #5
Fovea3d

Q: When did you get your 1st Z?

A: Oct 2001, a yellow Porsche 933 readyset

Q: What was your 1st hop up part, and which hop up part made the biggest difference in your Z?

A:Tires/Tires

Q: What was your 1st Autoscale, how many do you have (approx. Arch.),and which is your favorite?

A: Lambo Jota. Currently 120 ASC and 15 adaptations. No favorite, I like them all, this is why I keep buying... Also have 28 chassis and 5 dnano.

Q: How did you do in your 1st race? (HFAY or otherwise.)

A: Finished 2nd

Q: Your best Mini-Z moment?

A: Winning the 12h of Oberkirch in Germany with our team (2006)
My mini-z collection

Last edited by Fovea3d; 2009.11.28 at 06:38 PM.
Fovea3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.28, 08:08 PM   #6
B-main
previously spakey

When did you get your 1st Z? 5/19/09

What was your 1st hop up part, and which hop up part made the biggest difference in your Z pn 98/102 motor mount .the part that made the biggest difference. tires

What was your 1st Autoscale, how many do you have (approx. Arch.),and which is your favorite? Mazda 787 No.18 1991 SWC ..my fave gtr i have 5 now

How did you do in your 1st race? very bad .but my 3rd race was hafy .iwas 45

Your best Mini-Z moment? wining my 1st B main

let's go racing
B-main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.28, 10:20 PM   #7
bermbuster
GF Racing

Q When did you get your 1st Z?
A In 2005 2 MR-015 Porsches (Valiant) and the (martini) me and my son

Q What was your 1st hop up part, and which hop up part made the biggest difference in your Z?
A tires Good batteries....

Q What was your 1st Autoscale, how many do you have (approx. Arch.),and which is your favorite?
A The Lancia I currently have too many and I dont have a favorite but I like my Italian Stallions.....

Q How did you do in your 1st race? (HFAY or otherwise.)
A Not very well it was the NY summernationals in 2007

Q Your best Mini-Z moment?
A Tuning and racing with my son along with all my mini z maniac friends.....
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.29, 03:48 AM   #8
mk2kompressor
at the Bleeding Edge

around 2007,mr01 from ebay

tires, wider body

What was your 1st Autoscale, how many do you have and which is your favorite?

silver dtm mercedes,too many others!! and 2000gtr skyline

How did you do in your 1st race?

better than i did with my xmud at the same club (stafford mini-z racers uk)

Your best Mini-Z moment?

buying an awd 2 months after the mr01 and realizing the mistake i made with xmuds
HFAY S9 F1 Winner
Sinister V1
MRCG Prototype
MRCG 1.0
The uk's premier shop for mini-z
Bleeding Edge Racing UK
mk2kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.29, 10:07 AM   #9
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
First Mini-Z? Yellow Toyota Altezza back in 99-01 can't recall exactly.

First AutoScale? White Toyota Altezza as I hated the yellow one!

First upgrade? Clear chassis, blue GPM parts

Noticable difference? Appearance?

How did you do in first race? Came 3rd I think and years after collecting them did I find a local club/track.

Best Mini-Z moment? Racing with my brother in his garage. Set up a track using whatever we had in the garage at the time, spraying the corners with sugar water for traction and just having a ball.

How many AutoScales? 30-50 two years ago. Sold my last one a week ago. Now only addiction for me are the Dnano's!

Favorite AutoScale? Limited Edition black Murcielago.

Now I had I kept every single Mini-Z I ever owned, I think I would've had the largest collection in the USA! LOL! Colorado for sure

I'd like to add one more question to this questionnaire. Which Mini-Z of all do you regret selling the most? For me, Goldmember! It was a smoked MR02 chassis with gold terminals, gold screws and king-pins, and every gold aluminum part GPM had to offer. It was a beauty and I sorely miss that one. No way on Earth can I build another one like it today.

Last edited by marc; 2009.11.29 at 10:12 AM.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.29, 10:11 AM   #10
hobbycar

Great post Will!

Nov 2005 right before the first Ann Arbor GTG

Looking at my order history on Shop.TinyRC.com it looks like I bought Atomic 20* Tires.
Hop ups that make the biggest difference: bearings, tires, race quality batteries, ball diff, high end transmitter. If I only can pick one I'd say it's tires that make the biggest difference for me (especially rear tires).

My 1st new ASC was a Ferrari 575GTC.
I currently have 6 ASCs (Ferrari 360 Modena, Ferrari 360GTC, Ferrari 575GTC, Ferrari Enzo, NSX, McLaren F1 LM).
Favorite ASC is a tough question as there are so many. Of the ones I have my favorite would be the McLaren F1 LM. Of the ones I don't have my favorite would be the Rothmans Porsche 962.

Looking at the HFAY Season 1 Event 1 results it looks like I finished 13th in my first HFAY race.

Your best Mini-Z moment?
I finished 5th, 6th, and 5th in HFAY Season 1, Season 2 and Season 3. But racing with the Ann Arbor guys is fun everytime no matter how I finish
hobbycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.29, 01:39 PM   #11
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
-Dec last year off ebay
-RM mount to use my FD body; 90mm MM PN mount made the biggest difference
-300c was my first and current fave is Lotus Europa Special
-Poorly since this was my first real RC experience
Your best Mini-Z moment?
-Drifting at nekocon 09 / yet to come.
Old 2009.11.29, 03:34 PM   #12
Pierro

In 2001, a MR 01 skyline calsonic ready set.

Stainless kingpins, tires

A 2005 350Z G zox for the club. I have about a little 20 and my favourite is my mad max interceptor. But I love them all!^^

Don't remember.

Your best Mini-Z moment?
Last weeks race, when I manage to get under the 12' on our track and win the first A main. And also the first time I went to my club and discover I wasn't the only Z fan around.
Pierro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.01, 12:06 AM   #13
herman

just love this... will3kgt, thanks for putting this together...

hmm... join date on these forums say that i joined ''nov 2001''... i remember having one during the early part of that year... geez... was it THAT loong ago???...

if i remember it right it was the center shock... and the the hop up part that made the biggest difference ---> TIRES... learned this the hard way... it's the easiest and most overlooked thing to do...

What was your 1st Autoscale, how many do you have (approx.),and which is your favorite?
the first car i had was the nissan skyline 2000 gt-r(no.15) it was old school but pretty cool... it came as a ready kit... so i guess that doesn't qualify for my first autoscale... lemmie think... if i remember it right... my first autoscale... was a red honda s2000... the first of many... how many??? errr... i haven't counted believe it or not...

as far as favorites go... there are a couple... like the custom original teile i made... i had the idea and the decals for a pretty long time... but didn't have the time to put them on... and when i did put them on... kyosho had already come out with an official version...

then there a couple more... the family of peugeot 206's (made by mini-power) which i converted into wrc versions...

and finally my vitz wrc

take a look at my signature to see some pics of my cars...

don't remember how i did... but i remember how i felt... it does tend to give your ticker quite a work out... bu-bump, bu-bump.... bubump, bubump.... lol... didn't care much of how i did in the race... but i do remember that i had lots of fun...

Your best Mini-Z moment?
and finally the best moment?... best moment ever was probably when out of the blue, my brother gave me my first mini-z (the old school nissan 2000gt-r i mentioned earlier) some eight or was it nine years ago... it was the darndest thing i've ever seen... damn you where ever you are... j/k of course

needless to say, i've been hooked ever since...

Last edited by herman; 2009.12.01 at 12:09 AM.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote