Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.05.12, 02:48 PM   #1
Tjay

Thumbs up Awesome Battle Video/s...

Came across NYRC video from last years Atomic Regional Race. Stock class battle between 1st and 2nd place, Mike H and Dave G. Back and forth battle for position!

video here

If you know of other good r/c race battles (mini-z), please post it here and if can, please give some info about it. I like to watch them and learn from the drivers.

Thanks!
Tjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.12, 04:37 PM   #2
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
While not Mini-Z, this is a great battle. http://www.youtube.com/user/RedRCLiv...78/XCCucRh_0kU

I kind of wish that I wasnt in that NYRC race, I would have liked to have seen it live. Theres so much pressure when your trying to let them by with such a tight battle

Anytime Dave and Mike battle it out on the track, it almost always looks like that... heres another one... http://www.stickam.com/viewMedia.do?mId=187935086

Last edited by EMU; 2010.05.12 at 11:59 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.12, 11:05 PM   #3
Eman

Great vids. Subscribed to the RedRCLive. That was some exciting racing. Will have to watch all of them.
Old 2010.05.12, 11:17 PM   #4
EMU
EMUracing

I learned a lot watching the RedRCLive ETS series races.

Heres an old Pan Stock battle that I had with Willy Wong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5bZddjlxqk
I never had the opportunity to set up for a pass, he hit a board, I went by... then 2 laps to go, I hit the same board and spent the same amount of time on the wall, and pulled out right infront of him for an intense 2 lap to go run...

This was a pretty good battle http://www.youtube.com/user/insideli.../3/2XFIBJwN1Yc
2nd and 3rd were catching 1st pretty quickly late in the race, but got together, and lost all of their track position. If they had waited, they could have both passed the leader, then battled for the lead But, those are 2 world champions, so they should know better than me what to do

Last edited by EMU; 2010.05.12 at 11:53 PM.
Old 2010.05.13, 01:03 AM   #5
Tjay

Eugene, which battle on ilr's race?
Old 2010.05.13, 01:32 AM   #6
EMU
EMUracing

You and Cristian

It looked like a single line track, with no slow corners... very tough to find room to pass a car near the same speed unless you put in a block pass, which would increase the gap to the leader.
Old 2010.05.13, 11:57 AM   #7
dorifto46

Tjay(poll position, NSX body) vs Sagisi (2nd on grid, blue f430 body)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ1I0p9gkvA
dorifto46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.13, 12:27 PM   #8
Tjay

EMU: Oh ok, that race. I couldn't see it on my ipod last night... My best races would be on the Tekin Nats weekend in my stock & pan mod car battle with Chad Nelson. All weekend even on the qual, both Chad and I were on it. It was all fun!!

dorifto46: First time I had to drive defensive mode the entire race. Definitely a good battle!
Old 2010.05.13, 12:35 PM   #9
EMU
EMUracing

I havent had a chance to watch all of the videos... I did like how the battle was shaping up, with the two of you closing in fast to Stephen, then you hit a board, and CT hit you (hard to see that part of the track), and the battle was over.

I find that the best videos to watch and learn from, are your own. That way you can see what you did, and learn from those mistakes.

I was trying to search for the battle that I had with Bill Crotty at the NJ PN regional last year in the mini-fun class, but I couldnt find it. He was driving defensive, and despite the fact that I had a faster car, he kept me at bay for most of the race... then hit a backmarker and I checked out. I didnt want to apply too much pressure too early, I just paced him, waiting for the right opportunity to pass. If I pressed too early, we may have let 3rd catch back up... If I find it, I will post it.
Old 2010.05.13, 12:48 PM   #10
Tjay

Quote:
then you hit a board, and CT hit you
no, no... CT hit the board first which threw me off on my line, trying to not hit him. Also, I didn't plan on chasing the 1st place, Stephen. Thinking that if he wins that 3rd main he'll get in the podium with me sitting in 3rd place... Winning 2nd place in that main (3rd main) secures me for 1st place. So, I wasn't in the chase mode. Just trying to run as consistent as possible & away from all the troubles, That's all.

That's true. I watch my own few times and learn from that but I also like to watch others and learn from them.
Old 2010.05.18, 10:39 PM   #11
Tjay

Here's another awesome battle!

On the grid:
1. Steven Huyn
2. Brandon (11 yrs old... yup! One fast kid indeed!!)
3. Romel Tuason
4. Stephen Bui
5. Ray
6. Ken Bromblay

Watch the battle between Romel, Brandon and Stephen. Then Towards the end, Stephen and Romel!

Video
Old 2010.05.18, 10:56 PM   #12
EMU
EMUracing

Here are a couple from this past weekend... Very tight track, very close racing. There were 3 sections 1 tile wide...

LM class: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok9BcTaeSg4
Check the battle between me and Wade...

Stock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-tuM4l-a6I
Check the battle for the lap between me and Landon for the lap...

My cars are bright green/dark blue... Landons was white, Wades was orange...

Last edited by EMU; 2010.05.18 at 11:02 PM.
Old 2010.05.19, 09:25 AM   #13
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Stock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-tuM4l-a6I
Check the battle for the lap between me and Landon for the lap...
The battle with EMU was tense. I was nervous with him on my bumper. I wanted to keep him behind me so I would have some sort of shot if he ran into trouble. I knew if he got by for the lap he would have gapped me and any chances at first would have been totally lost. In defending to him, I let Matt and Larry reel me in. At one point EMU had to let them by cause their pace was so fast. They got tangled a few times, and he got back behind me. I tried to let him go, as it was late in the race, and he was definitely out-pacing me. He plugged it a couple turns later, and dodging him left me neck and neck with Larry and Matt! They got together, and made individual mistakes that kept them behind me, but each time the fell back, it seemed like it only took them a few seconds to catch back up. I was running defense for like 6 of 8 minutes!!

Here is a link to the final sheet on that one. You can see all of the position changes within the field. Marcus was 2 laps down at one point, and every one but EMU ended up finishing on the same lap. He finished right behind Larry, Matt, and I (look how close we were!), but with 54.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/v...C%20R2/GTA.jpg

One of my favorite races was on my birthday this year. It was only a club race, but Eric and I had a nice battle at the end, and I stuck, probably the best move of my miniZ career on the last lap. Chad (white pan car) and I have a nice battle at the beginning of the race, and Eric and I have a battle after I plug it right before the 5 minute mark. I missed a lap right in the middle of the race, and my wife refused to call me in my correct spot after that My car looks white with a black stripe down the middle, and Eric is in one of the orange pan cars.
http://www.youtube.com/freekfornatur...19/Z92Nblyrx-0

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.19, 09:34 AM   #14
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

you just had to put the "for now" race up i see. it was a good race and one of my best also. i was able to hold you off for a while, but then got into traffic and it was all down hill from there.
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.19, 09:36 AM   #15
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

It's a shame that there aren't any movies of you and Pedro at Nekocon 11. Those were the best two races back to back I believe I have ever seen. Something like .3 seconds of combined separation for the two races with each of you getting a victory and a second place.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote