Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.06.17, 01:30 AM   #1
herman

sauber mercedes c9

hi folks...
was able to get my hands on a sauber mercedes c9... pretty cool looking autoscale given its history....

upon looking it over though... i saw one thing in particular which i really didn't like...

i'll give you three guesses...
apologize for the quality/grainy pics...

well if this isn't an episode of pimp my sauber, i don't know what is... like what was kyosho thinking??? dang...

official kyosho released photos looked pretty good

so what really happened?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.jpg (264.1 KB, 360 views)

Last edited by herman; 2010.06.17 at 02:12 AM.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.06.17, 01:36 AM   #2
herman

so i looked under the hood to find out what was wrong... and whalla...

the body clip looked low, which in effect 'raised' the whole body

solution... relocate the darn thing... take off both body clips

the other side... (note the inner part of the body where the blade is pointing, may need some reducing... so bring out your good old friend mr. dremel)

and relocate the body clip...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (232.5 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (235.4 KB, 271 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (261.0 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (234.4 KB, 272 views)

Last edited by herman; 2010.06.17 at 01:44 AM.
Old 2010.06.17, 01:47 AM   #3
herman

here's the result...

pretty good, but i would have liked it a bit lower...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5.JPG (240.7 KB, 267 views)
Old 2010.06.17, 01:54 AM   #4
herman

other pics...
can you tell the difference? answer below...

answer...
different focal points... top pic rear wing 'aeg' is more in focus compared to the other elements in the shot... second from the top... the michellin man/tire is in focus... third from top... tire rims... fourth... ''mercedes benz v8'' and drivers names are in focus... i like this the best... i think the grainy pic add a bit character to the whole photo... hope you didn't mind the quality...

lastly...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.JPG (406.5 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg 7.JPG (342.4 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg 8.JPG (336.7 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpg 9.JPG (384.5 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg sauber c9 4.jpg (171.5 KB, 161 views)

Last edited by herman; 2013.06.14 at 05:45 AM.
Old 2010.06.17, 02:20 AM   #5
herman

apparently somebody else had this problem

click picture to see thread

i also mentioned that i wanted it a bit lower... but after running it for a while, i noticed a weird noise, and upon inspection, i noticed part of the gear diff spur hitting up against the body when the motor mount moves up and down...

so i guess lowering it isn't much of an option without hitting inside the body... i may have to do some dremel work on inside of the body as well... if anything i may have to raise the body again?!?! haven't done any racing with it so can't really give any feedback as to how it is during races...

as a side note i wonder how this thing was able to escape kyosho's quality control???

that's it for now...

Last edited by herman; 2010.06.17 at 02:25 AM.
Old 2010.06.17, 03:56 PM   #6
akura2
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE

these pics are HUGE... LOL

i had the same problem... so i bought a white body Sauber so I can place the body clips where ever I want.... That is of course after I bought the black one initially, and was disappointed with the raised rear, so I bought the Silver, thinking that my black one was a defect (and after messing up my black one trying to re-glue the clips on).... the autoscale chassis has the body sitting just about right, but when you put it on the "real" chassis it looks like a dragster

When you look at the inside of the body before you take the clips off, you can see there is a space right above the clips... the two middle ridges out of the four inside have a notch where it look like the clips are supposed to rest against, but they are JUST below the notch... they based the location of the clip on being flush with the bottom of the body instead of being up against the notches in the ridges

Last edited by akura2; 2010.06.17 at 04:01 PM.
akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.06.19, 03:37 PM   #7
Pierro

Nice pics Herman!

I'va had the same problem with the sauber I bought today. On the chassis it looks like a dragster besauce of the side clips beeing too low.

I carefully took them off and glue them back a little higher in the body. But not at the full height in fact cause as mentionned in the other thread, the spur is hitting the body. So I had to compromise between beauty and usability.

Too bad for such a beautiful body...
Pierro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.06.20, 11:39 PM   #8
herman

Quote:
When you look at the inside of the body before you take the clips off, you can see there is a space right above the clips... the two middle ridges out of the four inside have a notch where it look like the clips are supposed to rest against, but they are JUST below the notch... they based the location of the clip on being flush with the bottom of the body instead of being up against the notches in the ridges
couldn't have said it any better... er... can anybody tell me how to resize pics?

i relocated the clips to be flush with those notches... unfortunately though doing that runs the risk of the spur hitting the body... as observed by me and pierro... and emu & lfisminiz (on another link)

or we can all do what pierro did... totally agree
Quote:
Too bad for such a beautiful body...
wonder if there will be a redesign... and if kyosho has caught this and started rectifying the problem....