Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.03.06, 04:31 PM   #1
new2u

fwd awd ? can anyone read this ?

well i think i have found this for the awd but i cant understand the translation of it but here is the jap writing

ミニッツのボディには、実車が前輪駆動の車種が数多くあります。ミニクーパー、ヴィッツ、ビートル、ゴルフ 等々・・・ならばミニッツをFWDにしてしまおうと!

FWD特有のタックインや、手強いパワーオンアンダーステアをいかに手なずけるかはアナタ次第特に、デフの セッティングがポイントですから、ボールデフの使用がお薦めです。難しくも楽しいミニッツFW D

ミニッツAWDシャシーでFWD(前輪駆動)走行を楽しむためのパーツですAWDシャシーを無加工でFWD にできます。取り付けは簡単です。AWDシャシーのリアデフユニットとリアユニバーサルスイングシャフトを 外して当フリーアクスルをセットして完了。3.0g軽量化されトレッドが片側0.3mmずつ増えます。ホイ ルがセットしやすいアクスル形状
new2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.06, 08:33 PM   #2
herman

rough google translation....

Minutes of the body, there are a number of vehicle front-wheel drive vehicles. Mini Cooper, Vitz, Beetle, Golf, etc. if Minute ... the FWD to the sand!

FWD and tuck-in particular, how the taming or Pawaonandasutea Keru soon ANATA especially tough, the setting of the Deaf from the point, I recommend the use of the Ball. Minutes difficult fun FW D

The MINI-Z AWD Chassis FWD (front wheel drive) is in part to enjoy driving AWD FWD chassis can be no processing. Installation is simple. AWD Furiakusuru to complete our set and remove the Riayunibasarusuingushafuto Riadefuyunitto chassis. One side is lighter tread 3.0g 0.3mm increments. Hoy le Ishi Yasu axle configuration set
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.06, 08:50 PM   #3
herman

i kinda remember trying fwd by taking out the rear gear diff in the awd, just to try it out... i remember not liking it very much... hope this helps...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.06, 09:44 PM   #4
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
It'll handle just like a FWD. Word of advice, do NOT try this on a gear diff with a hotter motor than stock. Else, I'll suggest everyone with AWD to try this at least once, just for its feel.

What I haven't tried yet is FWD setup + drifting. It may just be a nice new feel.
Old 2011.03.06, 11:27 PM   #5
iruninsoga

Sounds like the qteq parts.

I use these on a DWS to convert it to rear only. You need to keep the differentials in the car to keep the center shaft in place.

The qteq parts allow bearing preload to be adjusted separately from tightening the wheel nuts. They work really well. They probably have less slop than just universals that have been separated at the joint.

Haven't tried front drive though...
iruninsoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.06, 11:48 PM   #6
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
For RWD, you could remove the front diff and the center shaft gear and just make a stopper piece to keep the shaft in place.

For FWD, not so much...
Old 2011.03.07, 06:26 PM   #7
iruninsoga

Never though of that. That'll save 10 bucks (next time that is) and a bit of static and rotating weight too!

I've just been keeping a plastic diff in there with the outdrives taken out.
Old 2011.03.07, 06:48 PM   #8
Skv012a

That works too, but then you have that dead weight rotating around in there. Honestly, I'd try an aluminum piece instead of styrene for a RWD conversion, but thats for a possible next time.

The only beneficial thing I've noticed in MA vs 02 is a better servo, else the weight balance is all out of whack and the car is MUCH heavier.
Old 2011.03.07, 07:34 PM   #9
wildthing
RC addict

I have fun driving FWD mini in the 1/10th scale... I hope somebody develop a FWD mini Z some day.

I'd love to have those FWD bodies driven like a real FWD rc. ..
wildthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.07, 08:01 PM   #10
Skv012a

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
I have fun driving FWD mini in the 1/10th scale... I hope somebody develop a FWD mini Z some day.

I'd love to have those FWD bodies driven like a real FWD rc. ..
Just make MA FWD lol. It will fit all of the FWD bodies too.
Old 2011.03.08, 03:12 AM   #11
iruninsoga

I was really interested in how an independent rear suspension would perform compared to solid axle. At x-speed power levels rear grip seemed impressive and high speed turn-in stability was fantastic. I fooled around with that for about 3 weeks worth of sessions.

I never got around to putting in anything more powerful, so I never found out how it holds up at even higher speeds.

I'll eventually bring it back out when I find the time to set it up for LiFe. I'm just dreading having to do the necessary hack-up job all along the inside of the chassis... Anyway that should fix the weight balance thing but I'm imagining tons of drivetrain and setup gremlins popping up with the power increase.

If a hundred some odd bucks landed in my pocket I'd love to try the double A arm front and have double wishbones on all corners...
Old 2011.03.08, 07:24 AM   #12
PadrinoNY
A.K.A Pucho

Send a message via AIM to PadrinoNY Send a message via Yahoo to PadrinoNY Send a message via Skype™ to PadrinoNY
To make it FWD it's easier then making RWD. I did it and it's awesome. Just cut the spur gear tip off that connects to the rear diff but, leave the diff in cause that is gonna be you dead axle so to speak and the best diff to use is a factory gear diff emptied out. Remove the internal gears so it would act like a freewheel on both rear corners.

http://www dreamkillrracing.com

Dream Killr Racing "Come Get Some"
Website Admin
Broke A$$ Racing "Off Road Assasin's"
Maj's Hobby/White Knuckle Racing/GF Racing/Action RCMS/Brooklyn Hobbies/DG Designs
PadrinoNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.08, 12:15 PM   #13
wildthing
RC addict

concept is nice... but a FWD with a motor in front will also drive differently...
wildthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.10, 12:17 PM   #14
new2u

hmm some good views on this and the reason i asked is i have found a supplier in japan that actually makes a fwd kit for the ma010

and doesnt seem to be expensive either.
new2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.03.16, 05:52 PM   #15
SaiTam
Are you Fetted?

The current issue of RC World or RC Magazine (Japanese) has an article and photos of custom FWD MA-010.
SaiTam is offline   Reply With Quote