Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2002.07.25, 05:54 PM   #1
flood
Elite

Send a message via AIM to flood
Ordered my First mini, went F1 !!!

I am awaiting my new toy. As soon as I saw them I knew that I had to have one. I figure why not just skip all the regular types and go straight for the F1 ? So I got the Coulthard car. Pretty sweet if you ask me. But I have alot of questions.

1. How fast are these? I assume they zip right along but will I be satisfied?
2. How far is the range?

I am already plainning the turbo and Xmotor for it along with the recharceable batteries (not Nicad)

I love looking at the pics others have as well. Its truly cool to see a mini viper with lights that can actually drive. Too cool
flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.07.25, 11:24 PM   #2
mini-z
Administrator

flood, welcome to the Forums! Good choice on the DC! The car is about 11mph stock. Adding the turbo and X-Speed (or even better, a Mini-ZRacer.com motor) will improve this a great deal. The range depends on many factors, such as your location, but you can expect 30-100', and you can make several modifications to help improve reception.
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.07.26, 01:09 AM   #3
herman

hi flood... welcome to the forums... nice choice on the f-1... they're a lot easier to modify and are more stable, plus they have brakes...

looks like mr mini-z answered your questions... so i'll just give you a webpage... its a japanese site that modified the f-1's to include most of the cars on the whole grid... check it out... and welcome once again...

http://www.mirai.ne.jp/~nobu-f/
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.07.26, 01:54 PM   #4
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

welcome to the forum and the world of miniF1s. same with you Mini-Me.

it's just the beginning of a new addiction ( or should i say money pit).

remember, 'If you're not breaking things, you're not going fast'
Let the spending on upgrades and spare parts begin
West.F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.07.26, 02:30 PM   #5
flood
Elite

Thanks for the warm welcome !

I wonder how long it takes to ship to the US from Hong Kong. I bought it through model shop online and it shipped the 25th.

I stated this in another post, but I can't wait to run the halls here at work. I work at IBM and we have hallways that are very, very long. I think it will be fun to cruise em. Plus I can run it from my desk. We have the low cut-pile carpet here and I think the car will run great on it.

I have already thought about a new motor and turbo upgrade for it. I really want it to haul. I am already addicted and I dont' even have it yet !! yikes
Old 2002.07.26, 07:10 PM   #6
le-manz
Mini-Zter

Location: Copenhagen-Denmark-Europe-The world-Space-Giants toenail
aint seen nothing yet bro
just got my second f1, so now its a family of 3: one clk, one ferrari and one williams. i'm right in the process of building a 15x12 feet track in the garage, just build a 4 lane laptimer and it WORKS!!!! monday the carpets will arrive, so some serious racing is just around the corner

one year ago i thought that "rc-cars and people who play with them are lame geeks"............
le-manz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.07.26, 07:40 PM   #7
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

LOL.

Quote:
one year ago i thought that "rc-cars and people who play with them are lame geeks"............
i thought the same thing before i got started few years back. funny how we're on the inside looking out.

It's all good.
Old 2002.08.01, 08:53 AM   #8
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

well flood,

so how long did it take to ship from HK?
best of all, how much was s&h?
Old 2002.08.01, 09:17 AM   #9
flood
Elite

It took about a week to get here (colorado) from Hong Kong, which was faster than I had expected. The shipping was like 30 bucks and the car was about 100. After Nimh batteries and a charger from target everything was about 200bucks.

I had checked a local store for the mini-z and they were 160. SO I saved 30 bucks ordering it.
Old 2002.08.01, 09:23 AM   #10
West.F1
San Marino GP- 4/25/04

what!? an F1 for $100 ? my mclaren was $149 + tax.

a weeks wait could have saved me at least $20!! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!