Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.07.01, 09:10 AM   #1
Chicken Little
El Pollo Loco

Better front end// body mount design.

I'm not the only one who think this is one of the weakest points in the MR03 chassis. Even when upgrading to the SP chassis, it still is prone to breaking. Please find a way to re-enforce/strengthen it as it just becomes a tedious process of replacing the whole entire chassis for such a situation. This is the main reason I still chose to use my MR02 chassis instead of my 3 MR03's. The MR02 is a tank when it came to this situation. Please do something about this. I prefer something coming from Kyosho instead of just something made in someone's basement.

A bunch of plastic toy RC cars
A bunch of batteries
A bunch of motors
A bunch of tires
A bunch of tools
BB Tuning (stage 2)

Team S.O.L. Racing (now accepting applications)
Requirements: dismal qualifier performance, low main position, 1 POS mini-z.
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.01, 09:33 AM   #2
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i just use the pn alum/carbon front clip mount. 5 cars and have never had a chassis break in that spot.
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.01, 10:20 AM   #3
blt456

One of my friends kept on breaking the front end of his chassis. He started to use medical tape and glue in the corners and they would never crack. I never have had to do this and I ran plastic clips. Now I run the PN racing carbon fiber clips, and I think the front end does not flex at all now.
Old 2011.07.01, 11:34 AM   #4
color01

+1 for the PN aluminum/CF clip system. Though it seems to break more bodies for me, I haven't broken a front end ever.

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.01, 10:16 PM   #5
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by color01 View Post
+1 for the PN aluminum/CF clip system. Though it seems to break more bodies for me, I haven't broken a front end ever.
yeah they do tend to tear up the front mount
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.01, 10:30 PM   #6
blt456

One way how I prevent them from breaking the sides of the front clip mount is by taking medical tape and gluing it to the sides. I also glue the tape to any part of the front of the body that flexes (usually where the tires hit).
Old 2011.07.02, 01:29 AM   #7
color01

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt456 View Post
One way how I prevent them from breaking the sides of the front clip mount is by taking medical tape and gluing it to the sides
Can't believe I never thought of that, that is an excellent idea! I'll probably wrap a strip around the body's front clip with superglue, that should strengthen it enough to keep everything together.

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.02, 12:53 PM   #8
pzchuky

I have had a Sp chassis crack too.
Turns out was i was cranking the screws down to hard on it and it made a small hairline crack that eventually made the full front clip break off.

now i use a regular chassis but use the pn front mount and haven't had a chassis crack yet.

Chuck
pzchuky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.02, 08:01 PM   #9
Rune
Mini-Z Norway

I have seen a few chassis that has cracked at the front body mount at the track.
This is a quick reinforcement that should help if you do not run the stock spring placement. It still can be used with stock spring placement, but you will loose some adjustment possibilities.
Apply Tec7 or some other kind of strong flexible glue between the chassis and the spring plate.

Mini-Z Norway
Rune is offline   Reply With Quote