Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events

Old 2011.12.13, 02:01 AM   #1
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

ISRL Racing Series Club Invite

We are pleased to announce a new racing series under the banner of the International Scale Racing League, open to any and all clubs that would like to participate. Like the OLPS, these series will link clubs from anywhere in the world by racing on the same RCP circuit layout.

----------
Key points of the new series:

3x RCP Wide L size layouts (at least a 27'x15' space required).
5 months/10 race seasons, each circuit 1 round Clockwise and 1 round Anti-clockwise.

80 Minutes du Mans
A multi-class Le Mans style sports car and prototype race.
Each race is 8min for a total of 80min run in a season.
Classes all run and scored together. Positions are for Overall, Class, and Club Championships.
LMP class: 102mm+ prototype cars. Open motor. Plastic or Lexan. Lots of modification available and encouraged. 150g min (w/o batts)
GTS class: 98mm- sports cars. 70t+ motor. Plastic bodies. Some modification available. 125g min (w/o batts)

Formula Mini World Championship
Stock class F1 cars running 70t+ motors. Some modification available. 150g min (w/o batts)
Races are 70 laps (should take about 8min)
Driver and Club Championships
----------

So the natural question follows, 'Why create this series when there is already the OLPS'? Mini-AZ has proudly been a part of the OLPS since its inception, and we have enjoyed six years of great competition with friends the world over, and picked up a few trophies along the way . But our drivers, along with comments we've read from other clubs, expressed a desire for larger tracks and rules allowing greater latitude in car setup.

To that end we have created the ISRL Racing Series. This is not to take anything away from the OLPS. That series is specific to a stock class and short tracks and does it well. The ISRL caters to a larger track and more modified cars.

So please visit us at www.mini-az.com/isrl.html and have a look around. Some of the site is still under construction (of course), and a program for managing results and scoring is in development for smooth operation at both club and admin sides.

If you are interested in competing in one or both of these series just use the contact button on the site. Its free to join and race. The 2012 Winter Season begins in January. We look forward to beginning this new, bigger racing chapter and look forward to competing with you.
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.23, 03:25 AM   #2
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Below are the tracks for the ISRL 2012 Winter Season. These are all RCP 3x "Wide L" layouts with a maximum size of about 27' x15', so it should fit most clubs' available space. The track naming convention is famous drivers in honor of those larger than life heroes who make our favorite sports so great.

Some of their accomplishments can be seen on the results page:
http://www.mini-az.com/isrldumans2012a.html

January ----------

February ----------

March ---------- Updated 01/16/12

April ---------- Updated 01/16/12

May ---------- Updated 01/16/12

(Note: Earnhardt, Wheldon, and McLaren have been updated on 1/16/12 to address some club space issues)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ISRL_Clark.jpg (101.1 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg ISRL_Senna.jpg (216.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg ISRL_Earnhardt.jpg (102.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ISRL_Wheldon.jpg (108.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ISRL_McLaren.jpg (100.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Dusty Weasle; 2012.01.16 at 02:28 AM.
Old 2011.12.23, 08:50 AM   #3
byebye

Awesome! I don't have a third L but now have a reason to consider. I'm looking forward to following this race series.

Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.26, 03:23 PM   #4
kryten

Send a message via MSN to kryten
Do we have to have RCP track? We use the kyosho circuit 50. Same track,but no corner bumps.
kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.26, 09:48 PM   #5
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Hi ByeBye! Tel Aviv now, they do move you around. It'd be great to get a club from that part of the world, and you've got a ready-made race team with your family . I hope you can get another Wide L. (Becky says hi). BTW, I saw in the Marketplace someone else in Israel that had tried to start a club. Maybe more drivers looking to start.

Kryten- The Bump tiles are my nemesis. Their best use would be recycled into new Mini-Z bodies. Unfortunately the Bumps have to be used since they are part of a standard RCP Wide L kit. Could you maybe acquire the six Bump tiles separately?

Incidentally, we'll be tracking nationalities for drivers and clubs. I'd really like to see a lot of different flags on our scoreboard .
Old 2011.12.27, 12:25 AM   #6
byebye

Hey Dusty! Please say hello back ;-). Yes I don't know how i missed that post by Avi. I've sent him a PM. He's less than an hour north of me.

Last night I ran some test and tune with the HFAY layouts. It feels good to get back into it. I really like the layouts you have here and I think this might be possible given the space I have. I should just need the 3rd L.
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.27, 08:15 AM   #7
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Glad to hear it Kris. I hope you can connect with Avi, maybe he's got an L.

I forgot to mention in the previous posts- On the ISRL site if you click on the track image it will open a printer-friendly map view of the track. (This is also true for the giant tracks on the Mini-AZ page).

http://www.mini-az.com/Tracks/ISRL_Clark_Print.jpg
(Here's the direct link for January's Clark circuit)
Old 2011.12.27, 10:50 AM   #8
mbls

mbl micro racers are in
mbls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.28, 09:08 AM   #9
ScoobyPete

Would you be willing to consider allowing 3 tiles wide on the start finish straights?
ScoobyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.28, 10:48 AM   #10
chris b

If you did that you would also need an expansion kit which we don't have. Also I don't think Chris's front room is big enough (or we will have to stand outside & look through the window)

Chris
Old 2011.12.28, 12:43 PM   #11
imxlr8ed

I think if the more than 8 tile wide layouts were mirrored, they may fit in my basement. As they are now, I'd be running into my wall and pole.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.28, 05:23 PM   #12
racerquinn#1

im in, i love these kind of events
"The hard road is the better road" So as it is in my favorite sport of road racing, it is in my life. The best tracks are not the easy ones. Racing victoriously to the finish takes skill and knowledge. Followed by courage and determination. The more you navigate the hard turns the better you get at all of them. Follow good lines laid down before you and trust them. Put on the helmet and strap yourself in. Here we go!

-john webber (FB friend)
racerquinn#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.28, 11:29 PM   #13
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Scooby- That would require clubs to get extra kits and the size would get larger, so expense and space become more limiting. In looking through past posts for clubs that wanted larger layouts I found this to be just at the limits. So I'm afraid we need to stick to three standard L kits.

Hi imx! DOW was one of the clubs I recalled wanted to run larger layouts. I thought these would fit your room. How close is it? Could it maybe work with some clever angeling of the track?

Welcome aboard MBL Micro Racers and racerquinn!

BTW, I noticed a typo in the 80MdM regs. C.1 should read "after the eight minutes has expired", not "ten minutes". I'm in a snowy cabin with limited and sloooooow access right now, so I'll have to update the file when I get back.

Last edited by Dusty Weasle; 2011.12.28 at 11:44 PM.
Old 2011.12.28, 11:43 PM   #14
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Faq

I've been receiving some questions through email so I thought I'd start a FAQ. I'll update as new questions arise:

General ---------------------

Q: 'What are the fees'?
A: Free. Nottin'. Enjoy.
Times are tough everwhere and racing is expensive. So pull that throttle and rest easy that it only costs you tires and parts. In future I hope to attract sponsors.

Q: 'How do we report race results'?
A: An automated system is being programmed now (sorry, development is running late). When a club joins they will be sent a Roster file and 10 Results files (20 if running 80MdM and FMWC).
- Club Stewards populate the Roster file with driver particulars.
- After running the month's race, the appropriate Results file is filled out with data from the Roster and the lap data.
- Output from the Results file is sent to the ISRL.
- At the end of the month the results from all the clubs are processed and the standings posted to the ISRL website.

Q: That's a lot of data like body, motor and fast lap listed on the Results page.
A: That's not a question. However, we have an answer. Just print the Race Day Log sheets linked below. This makes it easy to record the driver's particulars on-the-day and check them off for scrutineering. Lap and time fields are also included so you don't have to dig up the lap counter data later on if you prefer.
http://www.mini-az.com/isrldownloads.html#RaceDayLogs

Q: The reg says "Any 130 class 'stock' brush motor of 70t or greater". Which brands?
A: All of them. If it has 70 winds or more, its good. (This is for GTS and FM. LMP class can run anything 130 sized be it 2t, brush, rubber band, nuclear, whatever).

Q: Some motor Regs state “70t or greater”. Does that mean a faster motor or more motor winds (slower motor)?
A: The Reg refers to the number of motor winds, meaning 70 or more winds. So for example the PNWC70 or PNWC80 would be legal, but a 50t motor would not. That is the only limitation besides size and brushed (see above). The driver has great latitude in what motor they run, how its maintained and prepared, what brushes are used, etc, and we encourage a manufacturer motor war!

80 Minutes du Mans ----------

Q: 'Can a driver run in both LMP and GTS classes'?
A: Yes, in a way.
A driver only scores points in one class. However a driver may:
1. Change classes mid-season. The driver is then earning a completely different set of points in his new class (essentially a new driver).
2. A driver could race in both classes, but would in effect be two different drivers. He would score points in one class, then run a different car in the other class for a different set of points.
Clarification: There is not a separate LMP race and GTS race. They are all scored together in a clockwise then anticlockwise race. How you break up your Mains (minimum 3 cars take the green flag) is up to each club, just like OLPS.

So you could for example run the clockwise race with an LMP only Main and two GTS only Mains of three cars each, but those results are still sorted together into one race to score from one pool of points. On the scoreboard drivers are categorized by Overall Position and Class Position from those results.

Q: The body regs say "The body must form a reasonably complete shell around the chassis. Whole panels may not be removed". That suggests some can be trimmed. How much?
A: This was left a little loose, but use the PNWC regs as a reference. For example the rear bumper may not be more than 20mm off the ground is a good limit. Essentially your cars shouldn't look like a wedge of Swiss Cheese driving around the track. This will probably be codified more specifically for Summer 2012 season.

Formula Mini World Championship ----------

IMPORTANT: The FMWC has been changed to an 8 minute race, not a lap based race. Same as the 80MdM, just without the two classes.
Clarification: This was done to correct a scoring quirk caused by a lap based race in the on-line format. Essentially a club with one fast driver would score fewer laps due to the field being lapped, while another club with evenly matched drivers, even if slower overall, would have more drivers scoring at or near 70 laps.

Last edited by Dusty Weasle; 2012.01.11 at 11:46 PM.
Old 2011.12.29, 07:40 AM   #15
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Weasle View Post
Hi imx! DOW was one of the clubs I recalled wanted to run larger layouts. I thought these would fit your room. How close is it? Could it maybe work with some clever angeling of the track?
Here's where we are at... this is the current HFAY BTE we have in there right now. It's tight, but it just fits. The yellow area is probably the only place that we could really extend the track without driving everone here nuts trying to get the best spot to see around the support pole (circle in middle of image). The green area can work as well, but many of our racers stand there to race (the staircase is adjacent/above the green area).

Like I've said previously in other threads, I don't want to be the limiting factor for any kind of layouts... If it works out though, we'll be running!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RMZR limitations.JPG (63.4 KB, 21 views)

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2011.12.29 at 08:29 AM.
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote